Rumor: Post World Cup Coaching Search Thread

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by usfan1234, Jun 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It’s not a competition who starts the most discussions. We all love the team and support the same team, which is why the infighting at times makes no sense and is comical.

We all just see things different - you, me, crzd, homie, calamity, pibe, etc etc. That’s the beauty of this forum. There is no need to to take things personal when someone makes a comment.

I’m willing to bet that my little falcao comment from over two years ago is still something that gets brought up by him. It’s flattering that one comment (whether right or wrong) is still mentioned today. I can’t even remember what other people posted last week let alone years ago when falcao was in the midst of a rough spot at the club/NT level.

Everyone here is equal and I highly regard everyone’s feedback, even when it differs from mine. I’ve had ****** on block for nearly two years and the forum continues to be entertaining and the comments/banter between others is strong.

Just so you know the mods have banned him before for a couple games way back when and the commentary was very positive and cordial when he was absent.

At the end of the day our opinions have ZERO impact on managerial decisions so there is no reason for anyone to take things soooo personal when someone criticizes a player. These are professional athletes who are held to the highest standard. Half the fun is being able to be critical.

We are not discussing a youth soccer team where one critical comment could emotionally cripple a kid for life :)

villus, krass and SoyDelMustang repped this.
  2. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    They could have gone further had they not been abused by sweeden. They would have faced Switzerland instead of Brazil. Mexico really screwed that up needlessly

dapip repped this.
  3. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #1603 pepinointer, Oct 16, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    Please football and coach topic.

@ryu79 @pibe10 dont know what obession have this poster to me, but you can check how all my posts here have been football related....now is annoying how all poster of this poster are focus to me like o agenda or something like this.

Dont know in which comment i have beign personal or something towards another poster as he refered.

Pd: at least delete comments that are not related with football ( including mine if you find it)

Best regards,

4. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Was the worst mexico defeat im world cups since 1978

1052166572754780162 is not a valid tweet id

So nice antirecords of the genius: worst defeat in history in copa america and this one.

And the elimination with jamaica...

The match agaisnt brasil was one of the easiest match that i watched in world cup for a team

Attached Files:

5. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Also just some input since I saw a comment a few pages ago. Whoever is criticizing play x or y (in this case Bacca). We don’t hate Bacca or any Colombian player for that matter. I agree that he’s done good things for the NT but it’s OK to want to improve. He is not the only striker we have to have to blindly support him as a starter. It’s ok to want to have the desire for your team to improve. I don’t hate Bacca, I just think this team can play more fluid and cohesive with other options.

We all have our opinions but DO NOT just start assuming people hate a player because we criticize. We are fans and have the right to speak our mind. As far as I’m concerned this is a forum where we can all debate without being attacked.

CalamityX18, villus, krass and 1 other person repped this.
  6. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #1606 pepinointer, Oct 16, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    Man, please sign out me when i attacked personally a poster in this thread for bacca. Me along other poster defend reyes called up.

And please sign where someone have suported bacca blindly....that is ridiculize and reduce the disucussion.

All the comments have been to say that reyes have all football reasons to called him and have had results in recent matches.

Otherside if reyes use bacca or not dont say id he is ablr or.not for the charge as some.other have made.

Defend your point with football argument...not inventing that the poster that dont agree is attacking others.

@pibe10 @ryu79 dont know in which moment this thread become a discussion about me....but you can check my comments......some posters that have had problems with me in the past decide to complained about me in multiple posta and attributing me "personal attacks" in the thread...

Dont know in which moment i posted something different that baal posted or example, to defend bacca called up....the vilus and furnaccio made up an agenda. ( it suppsed that furnaccio dont read my comments, dont know how give an opinion about personal attacks in this thrrad if he cant read)

7. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Pep, idk how many times we bring up an argument about such and such and the first thing you say is “how can a Colombian fan hate such and such player” as if what I said was blasphemous. How is that backing up yourself with football. Stop taking things so personal. You did it when Falcao was in a slump, you did it with Borre and now with Bacca. No one hates anyone. Let’s just agree to disagree.

villus, krass and Furnaccio repped this.
  8. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Please avoid to attibuted me affirmations that i havent said.

1. I tend to defend players with his contributions and careers..not because are "colombians". ....there are horrible colombian players.

2. This is coaching thread....stop talking about me.

3. The one thar are making this personal are you....of whay i have told o what before.........

4. I repeat my point, bitch reyes because bacca called up when have give results is foolish.

5. Please stay on topic im not the topic. Im not attacked anyone in this thread. If you have complained please tell to mods @pibe10 @ryu79 if you find evidence but please dont ruined the thread ..... talking out the topic.

Tell me do you believe osorio rumours are true??

9. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Holy crap, pages of back and forth infighting amongst what really is a small number of posters....ridiculous children like stuff. Let's get back on topic people. Discuss without personal bashing!

Going back to Mayorga, he has a personal relationship with Osorio dating back years. To the point that on the same show, he would anticipate Osorio's next move as if he had the bat phone and was able to summon his feedback right away. So I do believe his comments are more than just speculation.

I will say this, I listened to Reyes and his press conference and I'm impressed by his choice of words. Very mature and very honest about his interpretation of what he sees in this team. These are still friendlies though, win or lose, I hope the FCF lets him work and let's him do what he knows best and doesnt burn him like they've done in the past with other elements.

I would prefer Rueda in a heart beat as Chile is going thru a HUGE generational change that will take time and patience and really unfair to see that process otherwise for what it is.

pepinointer repped this.
  10. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Amen

but do you check what mayorga actually said?? The sources arent osorio...are people of the federation

Osorio have lied a lot of times before his contact with the federation.

With all due respect i doubt that this scrub who is unknown in colombia have more privilge sources than other colombian coaches...for.example jorge bermudez that made a biography about osorio and that is pushing strong to osorio become coach dont have that kind of info...

11. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    I listened to that twitter feed someone posted last night and I've heard him discuss the topic on the espn show but I dont think he would ever reveal whether it was the direct source (Osorio himself) or otherwise. Also, remember that Mayorga's market is primarily North America, which is where Osorio still has influence and needs press support to push forth any agenda in that marketplace.

12. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    But osorio how "knows" how many director will vote of him. I doubtt this guy have privilige info than mejia, velez, peleaez or wbeimar have per example...

And believe me that osorio have closer and more influential friends in journalism that guy famous in usa...

Osorio would be signed already after he left mexico

Pekerman wasnt a plan never so if they want osorio they would took before isnt a secret.

13. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Ah I see what you mean.... who knows with this FCF. And I understand that they would have already anticipated all this and would have booked Osorio in advance if he as really a candidate but this was also an EBoard in transition, newly elected board taking over end of August? so I think before they were able to make decisions outward, they need to get their house in order. Which in itself is really dumb because they're all lobbyists and seem to care about their own interests first. This FCF transition/election should have started before or right after the World Cup so that there is time to observe and think and make sound decisions, not based on emotions and greed and or elections. I feel like they're making stuff as they go along. Only thing I can say at this point is that we're not alone in this chaos - Argentina, Ecuador, USA, Mexico just to name some names are also in a state of darkness, not knowing which way is up or down.

None of this of course benefits our NT and it's supporters (us)!

pepinointer repped this.
  14. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Colombian situation isnt because a lack of a plan of a infraestructure.all director mosvements and omissions have an intention of corruption.....dont give the privilege that they are just "disorganized" ...they have an agenda to makw businees and avoid justice

kromekote repped this.
  15. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    oh yes, without a doubt.

pepinointer repped this.
  16. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Imagine calling not wanting X player to start viewed as bullying an actual player on a soccer forum yet following people's comments around and pestering them with "ea sports" "maybe in your fifa game" isn't bullying. That's rich, yet he will talk shit about Muriel and Zapata any chance he gets yet that's not the same form of "bullying". Everyone has players they like and dislike, this poster is the only one who lives in fantasy land bringing up posts from years ago.

17. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    From what i have understood, in this forum isnt prohibited showed the actual performance of the players in their clubs . More when a coach have been ataccked because not take out players. I didnt know was so painful.

Now to keep on the real topic:

Osorio keep refering to his contractual situation:

maybe @praxis.en have reason and he will be the coach.......

He didnt give guarantee to the journalist he will stay.......said that a contract never have been a obstacle for him.

I think that he wont be called....but how foolish is the guy.

upload_2018-10-16_16-0-1.png

18. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Doogs repped this.
  19. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    That whole group including Yepes, Cordoba, Bermudez, guys that gave everything for the yellow definitely have something to say and I think it's a matter of time.

‘No descartaría a Jose Mourinho para dirigir a Colombia’: Iván Córdoba :whistling:

CalamityX18 and pepinointer repped this.
  20. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Oh no Mourinho in this moment for me is a maturana..........an outdated guy with a lot of fear of losing......hope chile hired him after fire rueda :D

Doogs, kromekote, dapip and 1 other person repped this.
  21. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Here jorge bolaños explaining exacttly very well what i dont like about reyes process in these matches:

Bolaños was a guy with a long career in europe usually of mid down table......

kromekote repped this.
  22. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    he was one of our 1st successful exports....played Serie A for a while. Didnt know he was costeno (that's a costeno accent I assume?)

RafaLarios repped this.
  23. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Holy Shit guys... I go on a weekend without internet and you start to rant for 10 pages straight... Took me a Lot of time to pickup from where I left. Go to hell :p

Bacca is not Bad But I would like more consistency from him. He is playing very well last few matches .

What the selección needs is to call up DayRon. His professionalism is needed in these dire times.

dapip, Doogs, Azucarero and 1 other person repped this.
  24. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    From santa marta as arturo reyes.

kromekote repped this.
  25. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Reyes has been lucky, but I wouldn't mind that he keeps the job at least until Copa America. Yeah, supposedly friendlies are for finding new players and/or trying new tactics, but lets be honest, Pekerman left him a heck of a young team, with depth at most positions, so there's really not a lot of pressure on coming up with new gems, or to try a lot of different alternatives.

The main upside is that by keeping Reyes we will be avoiding potential shitloads like Pinto, Bolillo or Dunga. The main downside is that Reyes could be totally out of his depth in Copa America, specially against coaches like Tite, Tavarez or Gareca. But imagine if he somehow gets it right, with the added benefit that Colombia's main squad is already established and along with Brazil and Peru probably one of the few teams that have a continuous process after Russia. All other teams are in rebuilding mode and most of them don't have the roster depth we currently have. I'd take my chances with him.