(Post thread) Honduras vs Costa Rica 8/12/09

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by aguimarães, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Re: (Pre-Match) Honduras vs Costa Rica 8/12/09

This is our A team that we've used for the HEX which has done well so far...but i think its safe to say that at least 3 of the 4 starting defenders tonight really don't deserve to start in a match like this or maybe even be on the team. But that doesn't really matter if Kenton sees differently than the rest of us sane Ticos :D

One positive for us....i think Kenton has finally realized Herron is not starting material by taking him out before the half. Let's hope to see changes on the team because now we have a must win game against Mexico and we gotta look for at least 1 point in El Salvador.

2. TallTowerMan

TallTowerMan Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

Seriously Moises, what does that have to do with anything? I'm definitely not one of Marco's fans....actually, I think he sucks...but his religion has no bearing on his performance.

3. YanksCatrachos23

YanksCatrachos23 New Member

Jan 22, 2009
    Bronx, New York
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Ah he can go to hell! I ges he ain't gettin paid tonite!!

4. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Re: (Pre-Match) Hondu GANA Costa Rica 8/12/09

la proxima fecha huele a empates
    no se puede dejar nada a la deriva

SELECCION DE ARBITROS SERA MUY DELICADA

jack - what to do?

5. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Re: (Pr) Honduras GANA A csta Rica 8/12/09

Congrats on the big win bra. Honduras has moved up very fast. But I agree matchday 7 will be very tough. On paper Honduras is at home and should win but I said it before tha hex got underway that outside of #1 and #2 spots, #3 and #4 will have to win at least 1 or 2 games away in someone else's building to qualify outright.

Im not sure those guys are going to play physical but the inclusion of the 2 new Premiership players (Zamora and Samuel) should make things interesting. Stern John might also recover from injury by then. Any way bra..Its Honduras night so again kudos on tha big win..:cool:

6. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

well he shares KaKas same religion and knowing some Evangelicals their pretty strict people and very high in being honest with them selfs. So hearing this guy was that religion I thought he would of know better then to be making real crappy calls and AM sure he knew he was calling calls in favor of mexico but watever bro thats just a conspiracy and yeh his religion shouldN'T matter but oh well.......

7. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

The ref was very bias tonight, first we get a goal taken away and then we are denied a penalty, but in the end we won. Just when it looked like cr was becoming dangerous their defense buckles. Honduras played extremly well tonight...scoreline says it all

8. TallTowerMan

TallTowerMan Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

He actually can be pretty good. His problem is high-profile games. Toluca-Monterrey still sticks in my mind. That was just horrible. Horrible.

9. drunkguy10

drunkguy10 El Sancho

Dec 26, 2006
    No idea
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Honduras and Costa Rica both have to visit el Salvador, which i think is the tougher team.

Mexico and USA, will visint TnT. I'm confident Mexico can pick up the 3 points here, hell, now I think mexico has a chance at getting all 3 points from Costa Rica.

10. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

TTM..maybe cuz the webcast by Nasralla - el turco de san pedro

mentioned in several ocassions :(

are you guys waiting for the word in sala de prensa by Rueda

habla ferrari desde Miami- ahora

11. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense

Hijoeputa no lo puedo creer que fui hasta quien sabe donde para ver esa mierda. Que sacan esos maes de la sele, siempre decia que nuestro defensa era desordenado pero cuatro goles?? Es increible que esos jugadores que ganan tanta plata podia hacer tantos estupideces en un partido. Y de donde carajos sacaban sus titulos esos comentaristas Hondurenos? Eso nos paso por pensar que ya estabamos clasificados.

12. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

First ask yourself this. When was tha last time Mexico got points at TNT? It was sumthin like '04. It wont be an easy task. USA lost there too last November so nothing is a sure guarantee! ;)

13. Ohiginiano

Ohiginiano Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    El Teniente Stadium
    Club:
    O Higgins Rancagua

Y eso que el arbitro le anulo un gol legitimo a Honduras, en realidad debieron haber sido cinco. Ojala Costa Rica se recupera frente a Mexico.

14. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Re: (Pre-Match) Honduras GANA Costa Rica 8/12/09

baño de realidad para todos en Alajuela y sus alrededores!

que parejo y bueno se puso el baile de ahora en adelante

HEY ----mod .....MODIFICALE EL NOMBRE AL HILO

15. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

its really a 5 nil game I totally forgot that first gol.

16. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense

Ya. Y yo lo se, jugamos mal, no voy a discutir eso:) Pero es mejor perder asi ahora que mas adelante. Tenemos muchas cosas para arreglar. Igual buen partido de los Catrachos.

17. drunkguy10

drunkguy10 El Sancho

Dec 26, 2006
    No idea
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

A few points here.

1. No one is talking about guarantees. Just because i say I'm confident we'll win at tnt, doesn't mean its a guarantee. Only USA fans guarantee results in futbol, and they, more often than not, are wrong.

2. El Salvador and Tnt have become the prey, as I said before, the amount of points they give up at home and to whom, will determine the final ranking of concacaf. Mexico has two away games against Costa Rica and Tnt, and I think we got a better shot, based on their performance, of beating tnt.

3. Mexico beat tnt in the last qualifying cycle at their own home 3-1. Is not like we've never done it before, nor is tnt a powerhouse at home like Honduras and Costa Rica. In the last game of the Hexagonal, where Mexico lost to tnt, Mexico was playing mostly with the second team, because we were qualified and it was pointless to risk or best players, specially after what tnt had done to Cuahuctemoc in the previous qualifier. Not mention it helped us score points with Jack warner. thus tnt won.

18. Deathdealer

Deathdealer New Member

May 16, 2006
    USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Re: Honduras vs Costa Rica 8/12/09

I'm here again with my classic 2 cents:

1- The Ref. (M Rodriguez) he is the worst International Mexican ref. He has always been bad in any level. I just honestly believe he sucks, He has always been a yellow and red card abuser, and under history he has always been a bad ref for any Honduras game he is involved in. I have noticed that lately he has been holding back with the cards and is just making him worst cause now he is making even worst decisions. I do not think he is corrupt, but just really bad. To finish this point even the Mexican press mentioned before the game earlier this week that this ref was someone to watch.

2. Nasrala(Commentator) is an idiot no doubt yet he was right about being upset because he had warned about the ref way in advance yet it does not justify his lack of professionalism. HE is loved by the general population for being the bitch he is, so he will not get fired cause the ****** has the best ratings of any commentator. His commentating is comical though.

3. Costa Rica forgot what it is to be humble, and that was their greatest mistake, not that they underestimated the rival but overestimated themselves. They will thank Honduras because this is an early wake up call.

4- Honduras played well, the score should of been more yet I like the chances Rueda took, yet I still think he takes too long to make the subs come in. I can't wait to see Suazo back as well, it will make the team a definite force that will make waves. I just hope Rueda keeps the 2 striker set up for all future games.

(not realated)
    5. Mexico-USA Again the ref here made fatal mistakes that created doubts on how the game should of ended, oh and Nery Castillo should not be allowed to play all he does is fight and bitch like a little girl, I expect much more then what this biatch does.

Player of the match
    Costly is the man of the match, not only the 2 goals but one of the most sacrificed players who becomes truly a total player by coming back to defend. Even with his limited technical ability he shows he is the best striker for Honduras with his back to the goal. He is sooo tough receiving the ball which frees up other players, He is growing with the national team and I can see him and Suazo being a great future tandem

Ugly in the match
    The REF.

TY to all the people that were here giving positive commentaries and congrats.

Finally

Why the heck did Mexicans make a mess of this thread, I honestly believe that should of been controlled since their intentions was to create the mayhem and reactions from Honduran fans was totally unnecessary.

Viva Honduras

19. drunkguy10

drunkguy10 El Sancho

Dec 26, 2006
    No idea
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

He is human and does make mistakes. Everyone in mexico hates him, because he is an a-hole, an likes to be the "the man of the match".

Nevertheless, I don't think it was as bad as they were complaining. We've gotten worse refs.

I didn't find him comical. I thought he was an ignorant git, and he made all Hondurans look as stupid and ignorant as he was, because they continue to give him ratings. It seems they condone what he says.

I really don't have a comment on this, but Honduras is a proven strong team. Maybe the reason Costa Rica played so bad was because Honduras was really good.

20. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

thanks for generalizing one culture based off one clown.........so am assuming all mexicans are zetas?

Wow ref favoring USA you must of watched another game.
    and once again your b1tching and moaning about something your own peeps do when any CA comes into the Mexican threads.....what we cant have an interest in Mexican soccer?

21. YanksCatrachos23

YanksCatrachos23 New Member

Jan 22, 2009
    Bronx, New York
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

22. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    After finally reading through the posts I think you were that one clown Moises. The Mexicans here were just supporting us the same way many of you support the US. Anyways the match.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGV-LyBYdj0"]YouTube - Honduras vs Costa Rica 4-0 WCQ 2010 (12 August 2009)[/ame]

23. Andy530

Andy530 New Member

Aug 18, 2008
    I'VE respected kenton for what he has done with the team in such a short time...but he had the wrong combination of players out there...alonso?herron?

but what do i know...im just a fan.

honduras really embarrassed costa rica...gotta give it to them. They did it even with that a-hole ref. shouldve been 5-0...maybe even more. What a disappointment.

24. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Great win Catrachos, never thought it'll be a goleada, awesome goals aswell. Costa Rica had some problems in the back which i think el Profe. Kenton will fix. Ticos still on 1st place n def. need to win next game if they want to continue on 1st. So far looks like El Salvador & T&T are out, it'll be hard for them to win the following matches.

25. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think everyone knew that ES and TnT would be out. The question now is who will be heading to the repechage?

What a beating yesterday! Honestly, the calendars for Mexico and Honduras will help them close the hex out strong.