Possible squad for Argentina

Discussion in 'Copa América Centenario 2016' started by BigSoccer Bot, Jun 9, 2007.

1. christianfla7

christianfla7 New Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Danm does like the best squad in the world. Half of these people are champions with their club. Villarreal doesnt want Riquelme saying he doesnt fit in into their plans. I hope after Copa America he gets an offer from a team playing in the Champions league he deserves to win a one. By the way I expect another 6-1 opening match like the last time against Ecuador but without 1. Argentina 6-0 over USA opening match of group C.:) :) :D

2. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well! We got nothing to lose in this Argie bargy. Looking forward to it. :cool:

3. maxehhh

maxehhh New Member

Jun 25, 2007
    Argentina
    Well, with all i read about Futbol i guess this will be the first 11:

------------Abbondanzieri--------------
    --Ibarra----Ayala----G.Milito----Heinze--
    --------------Mascherano--------------
    ------Cambiasso---------Veron---------
    ---------------Riquelme----------------
    --------Messi---------Crespo-----------

That's the almost official lineup.

4. rios

rios Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    copy/paste

i think argentina will stick to the 4-3-1-2 for most part of tourney. Even if Roman could not perform, aimar can still go in as enganche.
    They usually have at least 1 alternative formation, my guess is 4-3-3 here, because the current set of players doesn't allow playing 2 wing backs at same time, so most of the 5-3-2 variations can be eliminated.
    if there's a chance to unleash a defensive formation (if certain country show remarkable form) then 4-2-3-1 is a possibility. but since peckerman's substitution fu*k up in WC was only a year ago, not likely.

4-3-1-2 also can be played 3-4-1-2 (wingback becomes offensive player and play mid wing, not the same formation/cannot morph between, but can be played with same set of players) like in first 2 argentina games of WC 06, but that might not be suitable for copa america.

my thoughts

5. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: El Coco abriga una nueva cábala en Venezuela

More...

6. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Basile: ""Vieron que elegí bien?"

More...