PORTUGAL VS SPAIN 2018 FIFA World Cup Group Stage [R]

Discussion in 'Portugal: National Teams' started by GoodDead, Jun 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trebaruna

trebaruna Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Los Angeles
    There's no Sporting, Benfica, Porto or Braga here, only Portugal!

eurodad, nbstriker8, NewLaw83 and 3 others repped this.
  2. AlexJones19

AlexJones19 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    This 100%.

3. Jonathan Pimentel

Aug 29, 2013
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Yeah.. for real.. who gives a shit about Benfica, Sporting, Porto at the moment.. i love Benfica, but they take a back seat for the next month.. everyone needs to be together, both the team and the fans.. unity is what helped bring us a championship 2 summers ago.. and without it, the Euro will remain the only piece of success we own..

verde-rubro, eurodad and NewLaw83 repped this.
  4. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Lucky the players have more sense then some fans, what do we want, the players to take their club loyalties to the seleção? what would that accomplish except defeat, self defeat. I do not even dislike other Poruguese sides but if you do, leave it at the door, do we really have to fight each with all the other people that hate us and who would be thrilled if we self imploded, lets switch on our brians people!

NewLaw83 repped this.
  5. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Lololololololol

6. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Right, how did your boy Guedes look? “Undisputed starter” “way better than Andre Silva”.

Dude was garbage. He won’t be effective unless he plays as a false 9 or as a winger. Period. He’s not a #9.

Cedric is trash, Semedo should be there.

But own up to everything else you were wrong about

7. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I get that it’s all irrelevant now, I was just responding to GoodDeads reply.

8. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

You are correct. It was Guedes who got owned.

9. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I’ve got no problem leaving he club shit at the door. I do have a problem, however, with the Lampiao fans over hyping up the likes of Bernardo and Guedes but not owning up to their poor performances. It was the same shit with Sanches.

10. trebaruna

trebaruna Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Los Angeles
    I am not going to say that they had a great performance against spain, but also how many time have Gonçalo Guedes, Bernardo Silva and Bruno Fernandes have played in the NT at all and together? Players aren't only as good as their most recent performance. Maybe it was an audacious move from FS, certainly it didn't work out as well as we'd all have hoped, but it made sense and it doesn't say anything about the players' individual quality. It can still work out, in a game against a lesser opponent it will show more.

11. NewLaw83

NewLaw83 Member+

Jun 3, 2015
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    We have to remember that a lot of these young players just played Spain. Currently the best looking team in the World Cup up until now. Portugal played borderline poor and walked away still getting a point. Like always, the Seleçao started the tourney slow. I am hopeful they will continue to gel and improve as a team.

12. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I have already stated what I thought about Guedes in that game, Bernardo was as good as all the players besides Ronaldo and Patrício which was at Best sub-par. When many people were hyping Sanches (not only Benfica supporters) I said that I was not impressed yet, that it was too soon, when many people said Adrien was weak and should not be even in the seleção I supported him and think that the only reason he is not starting over Mourinho, is playing he played half a season and then got injured, if he is fit he should start against Morocco...I expect you to be equally critical when Sporting players have a bad game for the seleção, but who they Play for in the club format should not come into the picture for you or anyone else once that Portuguese shirt is worn.

AlexJones19 repped this.
  13. theFOOTBALLlover

FC Porto, SC Freamunde & Fraser Park FC
    Jan 17, 2015
    Sydney
    I agree. Sanches was very important in the Euro 2016 victory. I can’t believe how badly he has fallen since but that discussion is for another day.

14. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    overheadkicks and dipluso repped this.