Alert: PORTUGAL 2018 FIFA WORLD CUP FINALS - *GENERAL DISCUSSION*

Discussion in 'Portugal: National Teams' started by Sumol, Jun 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedBullSeven

RedBullSeven Member+

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    You really think it doesn’t make Portuguese people look bad if all eleven of their starters are ethnic Africans? Stop this P.C nonsense and be honest.

2. trebaruna

trebaruna Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Los Angeles
    So, that confirms it, foreigners are french only if france benefits from it.

3. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not PC. It's life. 21 out of 23 were born in France. That's a better ratio than our own team.

theFOOTBALLlover repped this.
  4. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How can you be a foreigner if you're born in that country.

5. trebaruna

trebaruna Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Los Angeles
    #605 trebaruna, Jul 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    France isn't the US or Canada. With foreign parents, even if born there, you won't get citizenship until 18 if you ask for it. And it's only a paper, you will remain a foreigner in everyone's eyes.
    Why do think Raphael Guerreiro, Anthony Lopes chose to play for Portugal when they could perfectly had secured a spot in the french NT?
    Why does france has more problems with its immigrant descendant population than other countries?
    I'm glad I left that miserable country for good and never want to return there.

6. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because we scouted them.

So how do you feel knowing that were only European champs because of a Brazilian CB, a French LB, a cape verdian FW, an Angolan trinco...among other French, Guinean, shit I'm probably missing some.

Y'all are either racist or hypocrites. Though they aren't mutually exclusive

7. RedBullSeven

RedBullSeven Member+

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    You’re in denial. Stop pretending that Portuguese isn’t a ethnicity. There is nothing wrong with having players that aren’t indigenous playing for your national team, however, it makes the indigenous people look bad if non of them could secure a spot at the starting eleven of the national team of their own ********ing state. We just have to agree to disagree.

8. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I never said Portuguese isn't an ethnicity. But you're being hypocritical when 2 summers ago about half our squad and starting XI weren't Portuguese born.

Those players that won the other day are French. And you can call them whatever you'd like but they are French and world champions. No memes are going to change that.

theFOOTBALLlover repped this.
  9. trebaruna

trebaruna Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Los Angeles
    I'm actually denouncing the racism and hypocrisy of french society who will consider these players as french when it's their best interest to do so, but as unspeakable foreign bodies otherwise.

10. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    How would that make Portuguese people look bad? Why do you keep bringing up PC as if we are leftists.

If they are Portuguese, that's all it matters.

11. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well thank for sir for fighting the good fight on the Portugal national team soccer forum here at big soccer. I'm sure those members of French society will stumble across here and feel so...served.

12. RedBullSeven

RedBullSeven Member+

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Because it would expose the ethnic Portuguese as not being athletic enough, passionate enough, and not working hard enough to be able to play for their very own national team. Do I really have to state the obvious?

13. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    See...that's the problem with your posts...and forgive me for being obvious...but when you separate a team (or a nation) by how ethnic they are, then you're being racist.

14. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    So I ask, what exactly is an ethnic Portuguese?

15. RedBullSeven

RedBullSeven Member+

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Being proud of your ethnicity and wanting them to succeed doesn’t make one a racist. African Americans are proud of their black athletes in the NFL and NBA. They are proud of Tiger Woods. Are they racists?

16. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Separating people's based on their ethnicity and their appearance is, by definition, racist.

17. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Hope you Portuguese people did the same when Eder won you the Euros

18. artielange84

artielange84 Member+

Aug 7, 2014
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I don't think anyone is proud of tiger these days lol

19. RedBullSeven

RedBullSeven Member+

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    You’re grasping straws. I’m not saying anything bad about non ethnic Portuguese playing for our team. I’m just saying that it makes ethnic Portuguese look like a bunch of beta males if most or all of the players of their national team ain’t ethnic Portuguese. Keep this shit up for the sake of being politically correct. And call anyone who disagrees with you a racist.

20. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait, are you saying that you feel like a less important person because we have/have had people like Pepe, Nani, Eusebio, William, Rafa, and countless others on the team? Does it hurt your feelings that they may not look like you?

21. RedBullSeven

RedBullSeven Member+

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    #621 RedBullSeven, Jul 18, 2018
    I never never said that, and I have no problem with them. You’re totally ignoring my damn point.
    You’re acting like there aren’t two extreams to each side.

30FE3BDB-A2BE-4C67-B3F0-A1E8ED962EEE.jpeg

If that was the Portuguese national team, would you think that most of the eleven million people living in Portugal would be ok with that and not be embarrassed that non of thier indigenous people could secured a spot of their own national team? I feel like a broken record. You’re ********ing insane to think otherwise.

22. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's not because that's ivory coast (I believe).

There's no way this exchange doesn't end with most people thinking you have a problem with people representing you that dont look exactly like you.

23. RedBullSeven

RedBullSeven Member+

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I know this is a hypersensitive topic. However, I’m no racist or a bigot. I been discriminated here in America. I been called a spick and a pork chop out of spite from condescending pricks. I don’t support racism, and I don’t believe being proud of your ethnicity makes you a bad person. That is all.

24. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    #624 Sumol, Jul 18, 2018
    It's very evident that most Portuguese people on here are against what that person is saying. That person is from New York. New Yorker's have to deal with Trump rhetoric degenerating their brains on a daily basis.

As you seem to already know, Portugal is very similar to France in our distribution of footballers. It would make zero sense for a Portuguese person to criticize France for that.

The only people that criticize teams like England, France, Belgium, Portugal & Germany for how they distribute footballers are ethno-state supporters.

When it comes to ethno-state supporters....

They can go to hell.

N. Platini and theFOOTBALLlover repped this.
  25. RedBullSeven

RedBullSeven Member+

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Actually most people won’t speak up, because they are afraid of being labeled as a racist by you social justice warriors. All I did was speak the truth. Portuguese is also a ethnicity. Not just a nationality. Shame on me for wanting ethnic Portuguese men to have the skills and athleticism to get selected for the Portuguese national team.