Ponte Preta: The Return [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil: Clubs and Competitions' started by Emperor Adriano, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Eh, his work with Sport was overrated. Falcão essentially replicated what he did, and he isn't a good coach. Sport's squad was underrated heading in the Brasileirão and made some investments that paid off like Diego Souza, Maikon Leite and André. Their homegrown talent was ignored by the mainstream media. Renê and Rithely were always good players. The only player that emerged (because he finally got a chance) was Danilo Fernandes, and that wasn't due to coaching. He stumbled into playing him too. If Magrão didn't get hurt early on in the season vs Fla, I doubt he would have played. Magrão is too much of an idol to bench without an excuse like an injury. Danilo Fernandes' form left no other choice after Magrão returned from injury other than playing the hot hand.

2. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    This makes me feel better about doubting baptista.

3. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If you are naive enough to start an 18 year old volante with limited technical @corinthians don't pull him after 36 minutes in the first half. Basic man management. The time to pull the kid was b4 the match.

4. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  5. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ponte fans must be excited to see who's on the slate next.

6. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    They are calling it a "must" win. I have to admit I feel very confident despite pontes defiencienses thanks to a youth team manager leading the way.

7. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'd go,
    João Carlos, Jeferson , Grolli , Kadu e Reinaldo, Rene jr, Joao vitor, Cristian , Felipe Acevedo , Roger , pottker

8. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Reinaldo looking terrible.

9. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It'd be nice if pottker could trap a ball... He was behind both cbs with space to take a shot..

10. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I don't condone violence but I would like to have a few choice words for baptista
    And whoever failed to sign Caja.
    image.png

11. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  12. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  13. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ponte and their FBs....

14. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  15. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Baptista has really showed his ass the last few matches.

16. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Learned Helplessness IMO.
    – Alguém pode discordar, mas, em um campeonato tão disputado, que envolve milhões, a Ponte com sua humildade está passando por um ano tranquilo. Só com pensamento de ganhar, sem preocupações maiores. A gente só tem coisas boas para buscar daqui para a frente, não se preocupa com mais nada. O pior não pode pensar mais – disse o -Aranha

17. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Bueno was saying that there is pretty much no chance to get Reinaldo back. He's saying that clayson and pottker will stay. Looks like Luis Fabiano has a deal done already , Roger to botafogo. Globo was mentioning them lookin at Rene to replace Reinaldo, that's pie in the sky, why would sport give him up unless some real money was involved?

18. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    random rant but my Facebook and twitter feed have been terrible due to ponte and the fans bitching.

Speaking of using different teams as measurement the Ponte fans are really going of the deep end... They are saying things like wow, we should imitate the selecao, that is how football is suppose to be played, we need this "attitude" #foraCarnielli... i mean jeez Neymar makes more in 3 months than the whole squad does in a year , even 4 years ago during the good economy. Lets not even fry them on what they were saying about the selecao 5 months ago...

They are still getting on Carnielli's ass for him avoiding the sul americana last year and yea i'm still salty about how this season turned out but at the end of the day do they really think Ponte could compete with Atletico Mg's roster ? The copa brasil loss hurt but lets be real this squad was never strong and can't compare to the last 2 years but how can it? To build a strong squad with Ponte essentially every move has to be perfect and this year they weren't. If you look at other non g-12 clubs like Sport, Coritiba, and CAP they have far more wiggle room for mistakes than ponte has. If Carnielli goes even more money goes, his connections go, and his ability to spot craques or close to craques that others have missed. These people need to be real, give us Biro Biro this year and we are in the libertadores and maybe a different copa basil outcome. Economics made this impossible. Not like a Euro giant swooped in for Biro Biro or Caja when he left.

19. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yet they put up no fight for reinaldo... Fans weren't bitching either which is strange sense he was the best player last year. I mean who's left unless Ponte dips down really low? Mansur of sport? I'm not seeing many options and breno lopes pretty much sucks.
    http://globoesporte.globo.com/sp/ca...onte-recomeca-busca-por-lateral-esquerdo.html
    O técnico definiu a Ponte com: Aranha; Nino Paraíba, Fábio Ferreira, Kadu e Breno Lopes; João Vitor, Wendel, Matheus Jesus e Ravanelli; Pottker e Clayson.
    Another cb is deperatly needed too. Fabio Ferreira is so clumbsy and clueless he will cost points just by doing stupidshiit.

20. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    On paper, it's the worse combo of FBs Ponte has had in years.

21. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I don't really see the point of Ponte just keeping pottker for the paulista. You stay the whole year or you leave for me. Regardless, there is no excuse to have no backup 9 on the roster. Alexandro is playing for novoriztono or however you spell it.

22. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  23. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ponte is playing Pottker tonight vs Campinense in the Copa do Brasil and screwing Corinthians over, since the rules don't allow players to play on more than one team in the tournament. Love it.

Emperor Adriano repped this.
  24. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    at least we got 1 win this week. That Sao Paolo match was tragic...

25. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It was a pretty pathetic performance. SPFC was essentially toying with Ponte and the fact that Gilberto scored 3 goals really says it all.