Pre-match: Poll: How Many Goals Will the US Put Past England in the 2010 World Cup

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by Grumpy in LA, Feb 13, 2010.

?

How Many Goals Will the US Put Past England in the 2010 World Cup?

1. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 4-9

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 10-19

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 20+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 0: England forfeits in terror

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. This isn't funny. We can still beat our ex-colonials at this sport.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Great President!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Best President Ever!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Grumpy in LA

Grumpy in LA Bringing It Since 1807™

Sep 10, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Does it really matter? At the end of the day, the English players still have to live in England. :(

3. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    God's country :D

4. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    Bradley favours bunker ball doesnt he?
    Then you look at their strikers and wonder where the goals will come from.

Dempsey is crocked with knee damage .
    It took Altidore 6 months to score a goal for Hull.
    Donovan has bagged 1 goal against an ailing sunderland team and melted in the MLS final.

Defending deep and banging passes up to landycakes wont cut it in the world cup.

5. Grumpy in LA

Sep 10, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I assume you went with a low number, like 4-9?

6. Shinobu

Shinobu Member

Nov 6, 2009
    Narnia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

7. brad payne redded

Feb 14, 2010
    hey, i saw your post and had to respond.

you clearly know nothing about soccer.

if Cole does not make it back or is not 100% before England's opening game against USA? Guess what will happen....Jozy Altidore, Demarcus Beasley, Landon Donovan, and Clint Dempsey will exploit the English defense and punish them. Know this, because Landon recently made Chelsea his bitch.

and we americans dont have their newspaper covers with pictures of E.A.S.Y. with england algeria slovenia and yanks next to the letters. every tournment england goes in claiming to be the best and that your taking it. england havnt gotten past the quarters since 1990. you missed out on euro 2008 due to over confidence. now a scandal is tearing through your national team. the us has every right to be confident with star players returning from horrific injuries and mor eplayers in great forms in their respected leages across europe.

english players live for the EPL, american players peak at the international level. to us, country is more important than club. do u think we care if american players are warming benches in europe ? all i care is we hit cruise control, play less, stay healthy, and get back to solid training in hot southern california in may. you don't get it, the english psyche is not built to win at the international level. history has shown this time and time again. and i hear you guys hyping up lennon? oh the laughter

no trash, no energy, no drive, no passion, no chance, no championship, no soccer. In soccer, you must challenge your opponents and take them head on, otherwise if u seem weak, u have no chance. its the same idea that allowed US to beat Figo and Portugal 3-2, Batistuta and argentina 3-0, Valderamma and colombia 2-1, spain 2-0. i know my side, i know who we can and can't beat. and I KNOW we'll beat england. This is the US, not Bahrain, physically and tactically, we'll be giving u a lesson u'll never forget.

you and your english fans speak out of nervousness for this match, you know what will happen on June 12th. it's unfortuate that ashley cole got injured, but england has a better player in Baines. The important thing is, between cole, lampard and Terry, they couldn't contain Donovan. that's 3 out of 11 of englands starting 11 not stopping 1 american, and he wasn't just the best on the everton side, his work made maluda, drogba etc look 2nd grade.

US fans, don't argue with the english, just relax, if u are a real US fan, u know the outcome against england. i'm going for a comfortable 3-0 win.

8. ghost101

ghost101 Member

Jul 5, 2009
    London
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  9. ghost101

ghost101 Member

Jul 5, 2009
    London
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  10. brad payne redded

Feb 14, 2010
    Uh, i'm talking about soccer here. you know, the one with the world cup coming this june where we'll do another belo horizonte on you? i can't wait for the excuses you guys will come up with, especially from sinner78

11. ghost101

ghost101 Member

Jul 5, 2009
    London
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The funny thing is that with your hype, you will have to come up with excuses should the most likely result play out. Before it was a case of the US having nothing to lose. Now some posters like yourself have everything to lose.

Makes me feel much better that you will have to eat your words when the US lose.

12. ghost101

ghost101 Member

Jul 5, 2009
    London
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Also evidently you can't spot wit. I assume you took this poll seriously as well.

13. asbari1908

asbari1908 Member

Dec 18, 2008
    BARI
    Club:
    AS Bari
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    USA 10-ENGLAND 1

F*ck the Queen and Edward VIII!!!

14. ghost101

ghost101 Member

Jul 5, 2009
    London
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If you're into that :D

I think you've misinterpreted your prediction though. Got the 1 in the wrong place. It's 11-0 to England. :p

15. qwidgibo

qwidgibo New Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Genève, Switzerland
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    The US doesn't have a chance to score a single goal. Not one chance.

16. qwidgibo

qwidgibo New Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Genève, Switzerland
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    very true

17. Grumpy in LA

Sep 10, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right, as the poll options indicate, there's no way we'll score a single goal.

It'll have to be at least three.

18. CheeseAndOatcakes

CheeseAndOatcakes New Member

Aug 20, 2008
    Staffordshire
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    I'd go for about 16 personally with Landy on for a triple hat-trick.

19. qwidgibo

qwidgibo New Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Genève, Switzerland
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    The US is at best an average team. England is a good team. If I'm not mistaken the US finished last in their group and didn't make it past the first 3 games in the 2006 world cup (they only scored 1 point).

20. qwidgibo

qwidgibo New Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Genève, Switzerland
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    The US lost to the Czech Republic by 3 points, Ghana by 1 point, and they tied Italy

21. Grumpy in LA

Sep 10, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, in America we call them "goals," but yes.

And it made us angry.

And so, in the Japanimated words of Russell Peters:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py9l3nITeOI"]YouTube- Somebody Gonna Get A Hurt Real Bad[/ame]

To save you the trouble of voting, I'll just put you down for 20+ goals.

22. qwidgibo

qwidgibo New Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Genève, Switzerland
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    The best the US has ever done was get 4th place (not even a podium spot) and that was in 1930. England actually won a world cup and also got 4th place at least once. As I have also pointed out, England got into the final eight in 2006 while the US finished last in the group stage.

23. Grumpy in LA

Sep 10, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FWIW, I hear they've ironed out a log of bugs that made the beta-version of your model's emotion chip so unreliable.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COSeM2EVkDc&feature=related"]YouTube- Data laughs[/ame]

24. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
  25. qwidgibo

qwidgibo New Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Genève, Switzerland
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Only 3 1/2 months until we will see what happens. As I have said the US won't win against anyone especially one of the favorites.