[Playoffs] Kansas City at Houston (Thur. Oct 26th, 8:30PM CST) [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by vividox, Oct 23, 2017.

1. chiefbark

chiefbark New Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Kansa City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    There it is...see you next year maybe we will get some attackers

2. siskoeva

siskoeva Member

Oct 31, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Oh don't worry. Petey-Vee will go and grab some hot new attacker that no one has ever heard of, like Dylan Bahamboula and call it a solid transfer window.

chiefbark repped this.
  3. Blong

Blong Member+

Oct 29, 2002
    Midwest, the real one.
    this team just doesnt believe it can score goals

4. chiefbark

chiefbark New Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Kansa City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    We need goals and we sub on SAS. PV needs to go

5. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So if guys like Gerso, Benny, and Roger have to be subbed off in your must-win playoff game -- and your "impact subs" are guys like Lobato, Oliveira, and SAS -- that means two things.

(1) You (PV) have failed in your roster and lineup management. Those subs are absolute garbage and for all our talk about this being a deep team, I think the proof is in the flat, tasteless pudding.

(2) And this is the sad one. Our core is too old. Feilhaber, Espinoza, Besler, Zusi, and Sinovic are all on the wrong side of 30. We are very, very, very close to needing to completely blow this squad up and start over. This was the last chance for a last hurrah, and they blew it. Again.

If this team ever gets a clinical, deadly goalscoring finisher, I will be shocked. Absolutely shocked. PV has convinced me that it will never happen.

mschofield and Lord Helmet repped this.
  6. Blong

Blong Member+

Oct 29, 2002
    Midwest, the real one.
    Going into extra time, having made one sub, tells me Vermes has 11 or 12 guys ready for playoffs.

7. oldntired

oldntired Member

May 3, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Yes Sachsen, The fact that they bring on a player like Sanchez and we bring on a Swope Park Ranger says it all about this team. By the way that Swope Park Ranger has sucked big time every time he has been on the field. How many turn overs can one guy have in such a short amount of time. Beyond that everyone knew that if Houston scored 1 goal we were toast. That is sad. Also I am probably the biggest Dwyer basher in the history of Dwyer bashers, but Jesus at least you knew he was in the game. Rubio did nothing other than fould a few times. Might as well play with 10 men. This crap is really getting old.

8. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be fair to Kevin Oliveira, there is no way he should be playing these kind of minutes right now. The kid has some real promise, but should he even be in the 18 of a must-win playoff game at this stage in his career, let alone actually playing? No freaking way. The fact that he's been getting so many minutes recently just proves that the SPR-centric method of acquiring SKC players is not good enough. Not good enough at all.

mschofield repped this.
  9. SportingKCFan

SportingKCFan Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    #59 SportingKCFan, Oct 27, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
    Very disappointing ending to what seemed like a promising season just a couple of months ago. Agree that we now have a systemic problem involving this Club’s late season inability to score and dramatic drop off in form. Can’t see how that will ever be fixed under Vermes absent a fundamental shift in the players we try to target.

10. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And if I never see Gerso, Lobato, or maybe even Blessing in an SKC uniform ever again, I will be quite overjoyed.

11. Formulaic

Formulaic Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wellp. That game was awful. And not just because we lost. The last couple months have been...irritating. Is pv the technical director unable to find attacking talent, or is pv the coach unable to develop it?

I don't know who we could get that would be better than vermes, so I won't call for his head yet (even though I want to)....but I just can't for the life of me fathom how he gets so much mention for the national team. Has anyone even watched skc the last few years? All of his faults would be exacerbated tenfold at a national team level.

How bout that Columbus Atlanta match though. Proof that 0-0 doesn't have to be an agonizing slog. I might actually be more excited about the rest of the playoffs now that skc is out of it.

12. BenDover

BenDover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad I made the trip over to Houston to see that one live.....o_O

13. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes.

14. oldntired

oldntired Member

May 3, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Did you get to meet the two Houston fans that showed up?

15. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Look, the whole idea of having a great academy system and building your team from the ground up sounds good. But look where it got Dallas this year, and look where it's gotten us so far.

MLS academies are not good enough to produce the talent needed to win an MLS Cup or a Supporters Shield.

Ilie = fantastic. Now we need a Benny replacement and a Dom replacement at Ilie's level. Benny might be close to done.

16. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Gerso under a coach who knows how to tactically play him actually would be good. I'm officially done with Pete. It's not just his inability to scout, sign, coach, or retain attacking talent. And it's not just his impossible inflexibility that leads us to watching the exact same problems play out in the exact same way every year. It's because at the end of all that, half the team didn't show any fire or belief out there. Even the shittiest of teams can band together and fight for their lives, except skc, which is a team built prioritizing effort. The 433 does not work well in the modern game, the high press does not work against better teams, and everybody looks old and tired. I was so mad it took us to extra time to lose this game.

17. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just as a point, the other options at that moment were EPB and Mustivar to sub on for the cramping Espinoza. That said I woulda subbed on EPB and pushed Opara into a target striker position.

mschofield repped this.
  18. chiefbark

chiefbark New Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Kansa City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Is Bruce Arena available?

19. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And while Oliveira didn't play well, let's not forget that Feilhaber wasn't exactly playing any better and was gassed.

21. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure if you're serious but that would be an absolutely disastrous move. Arena would do horribly in a small market that isn't going to buy the best DPs the league has.

22. drhoades00

drhoades00 Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    And if it does, the defense will suck ass that year.

23. chiefbark

chiefbark New Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Kansa City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    It was just a thought. I agree we are not a big enough market for him but surely he would change things up a bit more than what we have been seeing the trend to be.

24. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't pass on the idea of him fast enough.

25. lukeD

lukeD Member+

Jul 7, 2011
    Olathe
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same shit different year.

PV's answer will be to find an attacker who lit up the Romanian fourth division but who has a history of ankle injuries, a Barcelona B midfielder, and CF depth through the draft. Then the same shit happens next season.