player that i hate the most

Discussion in 'Korea' started by junjunforever, Jan 24, 2003.

1. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    lee cheon-su.

big mouthed, no manners, dirty characteristics, no respect for older guys. he is a kind of a guy that will say "age doesn't matter" and yet, beat up younger ones on basis of age.

and most of all, he sucks at soccer.

2. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    C'mon now. I think you take him too seriously. I don't think he take himself that seriously. He seems like a practical joker.

3. Paul.eta

Paul.eta Member

Jan 21, 2003
    i dont like him a lot either, but if you've seen him play, he is quite talented.

4. ilzimae82

ilzimae82 New Member

Sep 24, 2001
    come on dude.

he is not that bad player.

Strictly speaking, he is a good player...all the time

when korea had a A-match with another team.

(Of course, when lee played)

the opposite coach mentions lee as a impressive

player.

Yes, I know

as a Korean traditional perspective,

this lee guy is kinda rude and .....blahblah..

HOWEVER, as long as he keep playing soccer

and shows good performance. I would be glad as

a Korean soccer fan.

BUt I don't wanna see him again kicking defender's back head in such a worldcup game.
    (lee did this at last 2002 world cup toward maldini
    at italy game....

also he did one at sydney olypics....ridiculous.)

5. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Re: come on dude.

first of all, he is not just rude in korean traditional perspective. he is a reknown hypocrite that who would be rude and proud in world standards. Just some of his comments "There is no one i can really respect from Korean NT team." "I am sure I will be starting as a left wing in the WC" soemthing like "Song Chong-GUk loves woman so much." and always notes that Seonbae Hubae thing should be taken apart... but if you hear about stories when he was young, he was sad to be real mean to his Hubae.

Secondly, (although this is subjective) he is not a good player. Yeah. Americans press described Lee Dong-Guk as the Korean superweapon right before the world cup. Most coaches that saw lee also said he was really good... so what happened to him?

Honestly, Lee did not dribble past a single defender in the world cup. I just member a Japanese caster seeing LeeCheonSu run and saying "I thought he was suppose to be fast." He cannot drible past the side powerfully like Seol, or technically Like Yong-Pyo. He just kicks and runs, which may work in k-league.

6. Chachi King

Chachi King New Member

Mar 14, 2002
    The thing that pisses me off about Lee Chun-soo more than his big mouth or selfishness on the field (like the time Ahn was open on the far side and he tried to dribble it himself and got fouled by Ballack) is his over-comfy-ness in Korea. His getting too worked up with the TV show appearances and dyeing his hair in a new color and I just find it hard to see him getting better. Maybe some of this is Ulsan's fault too.

7. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Yes he did have an attacker open to the right in that Germany game and I was kinda pissed at him for not passing the ball (although it WAS Cha Doo-Ri, who's finishing skills are questionable at best... afterwards I realized if he was thinking that, I kind of don't blame him)

As for Lee himself, I think he's a player with loads of potential... I don't think too lowly of him, or too highly either... he may not dribble past too many defenders (except for that goal against Scotland), but he does put life into Korean attack in General (Especially in the Spain game) with his speed and flair. He also does unleash pretty good shots like how he did in the Germany game... and guys remember, this guy is still young... and playing in his first world cup. more of his skills will be unlocked as he gets more experience.

8. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    I kinda like Cheon-soo. Say its like...a new wind. Korean players lack...character and their own charisma (other than Jung-hwan and Hong Myung-bo). Lee still has tremendous potential and if u guyz say he sucks its obvious that u ppl never seen him play in the K-League and yet have soooo much to say. If yer gonna complain, complain about a bad thing. Don't whine about what u got. If having style and character as a human being before as a professional soccer player is a bad thing, then hey, i aint got nothing more to say.

9. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    ...yeah... the republic of korea itself claimed that lee dong-guk had the biggest potentital known yet in korea and he might be the one to surpass cha. only those loyal soccer fans who believe what they see... without being taken away by newspapers, believed he sucked. I'm not trying to be mean at the players, but lee dong guk attended all these fashion shows. For me, the word potential means nothing until proven.

see any similarities with lee cheon-su? I dont really care what he does as long as he plays good soccer. but he doesn't. As time passes, it will be obvious that cheon-soo lacks in vision, instantaneous speed and self control.

10. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    If you find Lee Dong-guk as a prime example and an excuse to dog on all young players that might have a little tendency to "show-off", I do not know what to tell you. If you want to compare Dong-guk and Cheon-soo now, I rest my case on who's better despite the age difference between the two players.

11. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    i am not purely criticizing what he does off the field. But its kind of annoying if a crappy player like he is attending everysingle tv shows and music video that he gets offers for while much better players like Kim Nam-Il is going all around europe trying to find a way to improve.

besides, i am not criticizing him for having dyed his hair or saying dumb jokes like Beckham is his rival. I am criticizing him for saying dumb things like "there is no one that i can respect in the Korean NT." Did he have to say that and the better question is... does he have the right to say that? I bet he will be the most hated seonbae of Korean NT ever to come. You can tooootallly tell that guy is full of himself.

Having pride and being full of oneself is different.

12. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Well he apologized for that. What more do u want?

13. AzulCeleste

AzulCeleste New Member

May 21, 2002
    South Korea
    Anyone saw the music video where he played the main male role?

He demanded that there be a kiss scene on the music video. So they made 2 scenes for him. (don't know if this is true, though).

The video is made, but is rejected by the censoring committee(or whatever) on grounds that it is not proper for viewing for the declard age group (teens).

It happened that Lee Chun Soo frenchkissed her!!

Result? The kiss scenes were deleted from the final cut.

His words regarding the censorship decision. "I was immersed on my role." and "I am sad that the kiss scenes didn't make it. They were good."

I really, really pity that poor girl.

14. BadAzzSnowboarder

BadAzzSnowboarder New Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Malibu, CA
    I don't think Lee Chun Soo has any potential at all. His number one attribute is definitely his confidence. But unfortunately, all of the self-confidence he has doens't even remotely amount to his alleged talent. Now only if every South Korean national who are extremely inventive and skillful on the pitch had his confidence and never-fear attitude, I think the National Team would rival Spain or England.

The moment I realized, he wasn't worth a piece of rat shlt was during his ground time in the Poland WC match. If I can remember correctly, he had two great break away counter chances and blew it. The most blatant one being the assist Ahn gave him during the second half. He was flying down the left wing with just one oafy friggin' slow ass defender and failed to exploit his advantag ein speed to score a goal. Instead of juking right, he juked left when he went clsoe to the penalty box which GREATLY narrowed the angle of the goal post. Now, if he was a smart and instinctive striker, he would have have exploited the defender's awkward position and juked right to broaden and make space for him to shoot. Face it, he always writes checks tha this big mouth can't cash. He's a complete pompous jackass.

I also realize a lot were impressed with him during the Germany match, but let's be honest, as accurate and dead-on the ball was towards the German goal, it was too slow to really get past a world class Keeper like Ollie Kahn. If his strike was even jsut a tad bit stronger, THEN it owuld have been a goal, but the fact is, it just wasn't a strogn enough shot to penetrate through that gorilla Kahn.

Aside from his football skills, I just don;t like him as a public figure. I agree with those who have called him hypocritical because he is hypocritical.

I had the misfortune of reading his "book" and found just someone crying out for attention. He wants media attention so badly, that it's just embarassing.

Thankfully, he won't be included in the NAtional squad for the next WC seeing as how there are so many other up and coming players who will render him useless.

Oh, and I declare him and Kim Byung Ji to have the most retarded hairstyles in the history of Korean football.

15. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    well again everyone can say whatever about a twenty-one year old playing on the most respected tournament of any sport on this planet against world-class players, but i still ask this question: How many of you actually follow the K-League or how many of you actually watch the games? If you ppl don't, then lets talk some other time.

16. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    yeah he apologized... so we should forgive him right? honestly, i only think he apologized for his popularity.

17. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    maybe I have a good reason not to follow nor watch the K-league. in a league where lee cheon-su and Kim do hoon proclaimed the greatest, what is there worth to watch? having said that, I used to follow j-league everyday when i was in japan.

18. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    well sorry to hear that. also sorry to see that you are cynical and careless about the league yet have so much to complain about.

19. CL39

CL39 New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Although I cannot say I "hate" anyone, one player that bothers me is Ahn (which most of you would disagree w/ me) but for me, he's just too much of a fashion model. All these stupid poses he strikes, come on, be footballer, not a model.

And yes, I agree, Kim Byung Ji's hair is ridiculous.
    It is a national embarrassement.

I wish all our boys would get rid of white boots and stop dying their hair.
    What happened to a Korean NT w/ black football boots and black hair.

Guess I'm from the old school.

20. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Ahn is actually my favorite player but i must admit that he is not a great footballer. I personally think that Ahn has developed to his max, and further development for Ahn would be unlikely. Well, at least he still has another career option if not footballing.

21. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    thank you very much. its too sad to see another fan that's mind-controlled by sports chosun. No. Lee choen soo never had the chance to go to spain.

22. WuTang2002

WuTang2002 Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Bundang, Korea
    anyone has link to his goals in j-league?
    I, too, have doubts about Ahn. Exactly how many goals has he scored using his trade mark dribble? I remember only one instance when he was with Busan Icons against chunnam.

23. BadAzzSnowboarder

Jan 14, 2003
    Malibu, CA
    Although compared to other star players of other nations Ahn may not be int he same league as they are in, but technique-wise and creatively, he is the best footballer of Korea.

He is truly an instinctive striker/attacking MF who plays his game by thinking and reading the game instead of the OG Korean style of, kick and get the fvck out of my way, type of play.

And his individual plays while on the dribble or makign a fool out of a defender is always a pleasure to watch. He's as close to Yildiray Basturk and Ronaldo we have. Although his shooting is much to be desired.

24. Paul.eta

Paul.eta Member

Jan 21, 2003
    I wouldnt say he is the best. i think Seol KiHyeon and Park JiSung are better strikers than Ahn. Other Midfielders like Lee YoungPyo and Song ChongGug have great football mechanics and they can read the game better (in my opinion, Choi TaeUk is good striker too). There are a lot of players who just don't get enough exposure, if s.korea had a lot of money in football we would see a lot of good players ^^

25. BadAzzSnowboarder

Jan 14, 2003
    Malibu, CA
    Seol and Park Ji Sung are great attackers, but personally I have not seen either of them show that flash of inspiration that is inherent in great players. That instantaneous moment where brilliance is shown for that brief time. Ahn has shown this countless times out there, but never have I seen Seol or PArk do so with as consistance as Ahn. Park's strike against France during the friendly was definitely one of those flashes and I hope in the years to come we get see him do so at a steady rate as Ahn has shown.

To put it simply, Ahn doesn't play like the automoton running machine of the traditional Korean footballer. He plays a more finesse and graceful type of football that is similar to european and south american style of play. Sometimes there's too much finesse and grace with him and not enough of an aggressive energy.

I'll give an example:

You have Seol, Park, Ahn, Lee Chun Soo, and other Korean strikers wearing costumes in disguise and have them play football with an audience without a clue as to who is who and are asked which one isn't a Korean player, there will be just one that everyone will say isn't a Korean footballer and you can be sure that someone would be Ahn.

But then he'd stick out like a sore thumb once he begins going for strikes, since he's as accurate on goal as a drunk boke duhk bang ah juh shee on a friday night.