Player salaries in Greece

Discussion in 'Greece & Cyprus' started by depuente, Oct 16, 2005.

1. depuente

depuente New Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Just wanted to know what is the average salary for players in the Greek league and also who is the highest paid player in Greece and how much does he make? Is'nt it Rivaldo? How much does he make?

2. PJohnson

PJohnson Member+

DC United
    Dec 16, 2004
    South Dakota
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was able to find some salary information at www.greeksoccer.com . There is a lot of good information on that site. I'll just give you the summary for the big three Athens clubs.

Olympiakos
    13,987,500 euro

Highest paid player is Rivaldo. He gets 2 million euro. He is the only player making more than 1 million euro. But they have 11 other players that make more than 500,000. And they don't have any players that make less than 115,000.

Panathinaikos
    6,750,000 euro

Highest paid player is the Brazilian Conceicao at 1,600,000 euro. There are only 2 other players making more than 500,000. And 7 players are making less than 100,000 euro.

AEK
    4,813,500 euro

Highest paid player gets 800,000. Only 3 other players over 300,000. There are 12 players earning less than 200,000 euro per year.

I could not find any salary figures for PAOK. But my guess is that they are about the same as AEK. And what the data show is most players in the Alpha Ethniki are making less than 300,000 euro per year.

3. Sneaky Greeky

Sneaky Greeky New Member

Oct 12, 2004
    Kozani, Hellas
    conceicao is portugese, and paok makes less than aek, i think udeze and salp are probably the most expensive, both under/about a million (guess)

4. PJohnson

PJohnson Member+

DC United
    Dec 16, 2004
    South Dakota
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My mistake. Thank you for the correction. At least I got the language right. ;)

5. marco goncalves

marco goncalves New Member

Apr 29, 2002
    Boston

Conceicao is not Portuguese,the Conceicao you guys are talking about is Flavio Conceicao the Brasilian....

The Portuguese Conceicao is Sergio Conceicao ex- Porto,Lazio,Parma,Inter....Currently at ST.LIEGE...

6. PJohnson

PJohnson Member+

DC United
    Dec 16, 2004
    South Dakota
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you for confirming that. I should know better than to ever take the word of an Olympiakos supporter when it comes to Panathinaikos players. :D Next time I'll look it up myself.

7. ELINAS7

ELINAS7 New Member

Jun 17, 2005
    sj
    Are the players in the first and second division full time professionals?

8. PJohnson

PJohnson Member+

DC United
    Dec 16, 2004
    South Dakota
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Players in the First Division are full professionals. My contacts in Greece tell me that many Second Division players have other jobs. The 3rd division is really semi-pro.