Player reactions on Twitter...

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by jeffmefun, Jun 23, 2010.

1. jeffmefun

jeffmefun Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Quakeland, CA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gents, if you've never figured out what Twitter is good for... here it is:
    (Would be great for BS to add a Twit feed to the N&A page...)

DaMarcusBeasley
    RT @NessaBenz: @DaMarcusBeasley Bullet bullet bullet!!!

herculezg
    cant even begin to express how proud I am to be on this team... USA all the way

ussoccer
    RT Great tweet! @togafish: U don't spit into the wind, u don't tug on Superman's cape & u dont give #USMNT 5-min warning to score or go home

ussoccer
    Reggie Bush hanging out in the #usmnt locker room...meeting guys and talking about the game...taking pictures

EdsonBuddle
    President Bill Clinton http://twitpic.com/1zamn9

DaMarcusBeasley
    BIG win for us!!! Sooo proud of all 23 players! Thanks for all support from everyone, ALL fans! LOVE ya'll.

DaMarcusBeasley
    Proud of my boy landon AKA Larry!!.. He came through for us once again! always can count on him, my dog!

stuholden22
    I hope every1 is still celebrating back home because we all believe and never stopped believing! Thanks 4 the support! #usa on 2 the nxt!

JozyAltidore17
    RT @reggie_bush: Me and Jozy after USA's big win! Good job boys! http://tweetphoto.com/28714984

AleBedoya17
    Nice to see the #usmnt showin @charliedavies9 some stanky leg love!!! #worldcup http://bit.ly/akwzCO Let's Go #USA

stuholden22
    RT @shutupdownthere: @stuholden22 engaging in affectionate behavior with American Hero (TM) @LandonDonovan: http://bit.ly/bcMPnp (HAHA

stuholden22
    RT @johnmsanchez: Ha after watching replay of USA's goal,I realized @stuholden22 was 1st 2 jump on Donovan in the corner! (LOL saw it comin)

stuholden22
    Trying to wind down after all the excitement today!! Back to work tomorrow and preparing for the big game on SAT!

herculezg
    How the hell am I supposed to sleep now.. this is ridiculous.. Saturday get here already!

JozyAltidore17
    We move on!!! crazy game!!! how awesome did that celebration look on tv? lol

herculezg
    http://yfrog.com/5amktsj He wanted us to know how proud our country was of us.. Great day

MauriceEdu
    Omg! What a game!! Couldn't be more happy n proud!! Never want this feeling to end! I know u guys are with us too!! Let's go! #USA *us*

2. fingersave

fingersave Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its really cool to see all these guys who we all have followed for so long end up getting to feel the glow of glory. Theyre all celebrities here now.

3. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    Lol I know.

My buddy who didn't know who Landon Donovan was a month ago asked me how I thought John Bornstein was gonna play today.

4. CincoDmayo

CincoDmayo New Member

Feb 24, 2006
    MFin CLEVELAND OHIO
    Wow, Reggie Bush is not a small person and Jozy makes him look like Findley.

5. scoregon

scoregon New Member

Jul 5, 2007
    The excitement and reaction in every corner of the media today has been great to see.

I know many of you hate this conversation...but I think it's kind of interesting that Reggie Bush is attending the World Cup, as I see him as the exact kind of American athlete who would have been fascinating to see grow up with soccer as his primary sport. He would be the prototype for the "if only every American kid wanted to be a soccer star like they do in every other country..." conversation.

6. T Nitty

T Nitty New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    MD
    Thanks for posting. Why am I not following these guys? :confused:

I learned the value of twitter during last year's Tour de France. Great insider stuff from Lance Armstrong during the entire tour.

7. rwani13

rwani13 New Member

Aug 2, 2008
    lol at "landon aka larry"
    LARRY!!!

8. Marko72

Marko72 Member+

Aug 30, 2005
    New York
    No kidding.

They've been OUR focus for a long time now, because we're the core of the fan base. But it seems as though America has finally met it's national soccer team, and seem to be in the process of deciding that they're a pretty likable and exciting bunch of guys, a little secret that we've known for some time now.

9. masterklh

masterklh New Member

Oct 21, 2003
    Massachusetts
    I dont think hes very big just built like a brick shit house. Most of your running backs arent very tall they just have legs the side of your mid section.

I remember seeing the "send off" pictures 4 years ago at a new jersey airport and the home coming. I think there will be much more of a home coming this time around. Though.. I think i would prefer to see a HUGE parade in time square for truely "world champions".

10. CrazyF.C.

CrazyF.C. New Member

Jun 15, 2001
    Washington D.C.
    Yeah, Bush is "bigger". You can see the difference in their neck size. For the record though, I'm pretty sure all NFL players are juicing something. And I bet you anything Jozy could beat Bush in a long distance race.

11. ExpatSwede

ExpatSwede Member

IF Elfsborg
    Sweden
    Jun 6, 2005
    California
    Here's one from Charlie Davies:

charliedavies9
    YAAAAAAA! We did it! So proud of the boys! We have won the group #worldcup . Amazing accomplishment & we still have more to achieve. #USA

12. luftmensch

luftmensch Member+

United States
    May 4, 2006
    Petaluma
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't wait to have that guy back for next time around....

13. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And he's only 23!

And Jozy is only 20, and Mikey is only 22, and Holden is only 24, and Spector is only 24...

14. olephill2

olephill2 Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And Donovan is only 28!

15. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Member+

Real Madrid, DC United, anywhere Pulisic plays
    Aug 3, 2000
    Proxima Centauri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Imagine if Charlie was in SA......We'd be a terror. Oh well, next time.

16. FW__

FW__ Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    Chattanooga, TN
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and Rossi posted this

Miami next week...im sure it will be great!!!! who's gonna be down there????

Ok, so not important, but I'm going to be in Miami next week too. Maybe I'll run into "Jersey."

17. Brandinho

Brandinho Member

None
    United States
    Feb 22, 2007
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw a tweet regarding David Wright leaving Citi Field with his Donovan jersey on. These guys are becoming truly embraced. This did NOT happen four years ago.

18. fingersave

fingersave Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Soccer players run alot. They dont build their necks up for hitting.

I was surprised that Jozy is taller than Bush and has a bigger melon.

Bush isnt a very good football player, so maybe he would be better at soccer?

19. masterklh

masterklh New Member

Oct 21, 2003
    Massachusetts
    You must be refering to him not being a good soccer player because hes absolutely phenomenal at handegg. He's a starting RB / All purpose player for a super bowl winning team.. Most not so good players don't have many of them.