Pics/video/links of WWC press coverage in England?

Discussion in 'Women's World Cup' started by REALfootballRulez, Jun 27, 2015.

1. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After this great win by England over Canada Kelly Smith said ALL the British press will be there, front page, back pages, magazines, etc. It is the first time ANY English team has gone to the semi finals since 1990.

She said it will be "massive" in England. Anyone have anything of this team featured in the British press?

2. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anything here from our British friends abroad? Or anyone? LOL

3. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great job WASP! Coverage should only increase from here and then explode if they make the final.

4. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

ANGEL CITY FC, UCLA BRUINS
    United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #5 McSkillz, Jun 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
    england.jpb.jpg
    ::crickets chirping::
    Nobody in England cares that the women's national team made the semi-finals. They don't even care about their mediocre men's team. This sums up how they feel about their "girls".

IKickAndIm50 repped this.
  5. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yet they always fill up Wembley and have had the most fans on average and highest attended match for the past several Euro and WC qualifyers. Plus we always bring along many fans to major competitions. Hell if you saw the Slovenia game 1/4 of the fans were English at the ground that was full of Slovenians.

6. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They got 1.6 million for the Canada game that started past midnight England time. They expect at least 5 million in England for the semi final so that's pretty good.

7. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just an observation, but I was at the Colombia/England game in Montreal. There were a lot of Colombia fans, it was not possible to tell whether they were Colombian/Colombians or Canadian/Colombians. There seemed to be very few fans for England and we did not meet anyone who had come from England for the games (and we were looking out for fans who had come to Canada from elsewhere). So, what applies for your men may not (I'm probably being generous using "may") apply for your women.

blissett repped this.
  8. PaulV

PaulV Member

Mar 14, 2003
    Ottawa, Canada
    There were quite a few England shirts and flags at the Round of 16 game in Ottawa. I assumed they were all 'locals' (i.e. within a few hours drive within Canada and US) but I didn't really bother to find out. There are enough ex-pats around here to have provided the support.

9. IKickAndIm50

IKickAndIm50 Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I am enjoying all the England fans it is interesting to me. I wish England well against Japan but obviously if it comes down to USA vs England I want USA

Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  10. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I kinda like it how people hate on England because it makes the games, results, and post game talk even better. Half the time the haters don't even know what they're talking about too which is entertaining. Keep it coming.

REALfootballRulez repped this.
  11. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #12 REALfootballRulez, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
    Cpthomas, now that it's just England/Japan I bet most of the stadium will be England fans. Being an ex commonwealth nation and all.

12. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Video of England and coach 11 hours after the win over Canada. They're getting pumped & excited about the World Cup semi final!

https://t.co/PeOko4nCjO

Lechus7 repped this.
  13. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    There are definitely a few England fans out there, I know a dozen but in term of costs and holidays, it is not a cheap trip for them. I mean who can afford five weeks holidays abroad ?

14. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
  15. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
  16. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    Kelly Smith:
    [​IMG]

Tsunami, Dundalk24 and Val1 repped this.
  17. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw

The FA launched ‘We Can Play’ – a campaign to shatter lingering preconceptions about women’s and girls’ football, and boost participation.
    Read more HERE

England Women’s head coach Mark Sampson has urged bosses around the country to allow staff a lie-in so the entire nation can tune in for Wednesday night’s FIFA Women’s World Cup semi-final against holders Japan.
    Read more HERE
    Sampson.jpg

soccernutter, gricio61 and W.A.S.P. repped this.
  19. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  20. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe it was the English press that kept Sepp Blatter away lol.

21. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice posts WWC Movement and everyone else. Too bad England didn't the take the obvious step of starting their best player in Carney against Japan because they would've likely beaten them and made the final!

22. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ok enough with what could've happened if Carney started. In fact I'm kinda glad England lost and beat Germany, thus ending the tournament with a victory. I really don't think it would've made that much of a difference in the match unless you REALLY believe she would've been the diffrenence in the match. The thing with that England squad was that they didn't have a stand out player. They all pushed the rock up the hill.

blissett repped this.
  23. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    England(or at least their pro league) might have a new star in the horizon in 20 year old, Bethany Mead. She leads the league in scoring with a whopping 10 goals(next at 2nd is Tony Duggan with only 5 goals), Here(playing for Sunderland) she has a hat trick vs Chelsea a few weeks back. She's the #9, she scores the 1,2 &4 goal. Check out especially that last one, shot from nearly an impossible angle. Mead hasn't played yet for the senior NT

Tsunami repped this.
  24. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Did this too: