Picking up knockout game tickets

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by 22justin, Mar 30, 2016.

1. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    No reply as yet.

2. ruipaul

ruipaul New Member

Apr 23, 2016
    Club:
    Academica de Coimbra
    I guess you did not have an answer from the UEFA?

3. thunder83

thunder83 Member

Nov 2, 2011
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Power of attorney + copy of passport = no problem

4. thunder83

thunder83 Member

Nov 2, 2011
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I have done it with both UEFA and FIFA.

5. ruipaul

ruipaul New Member

Apr 23, 2016
    Club:
    Academica de Coimbra
    Ok, thanks for your feedback

thunder83 repped this.
  6. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    Sorry for the late reply. NO I never received a reply. So I am just going to do what Thunder suggests. I am also taking the CC that was used for payment.

Perhaps Thunder could give us a copy of the Power of Attorney or a help in how to word it.

thunder83 repped this.
  7. thunder83

thunder83 Member

Nov 2, 2011
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    FIFA had ticket machines where you put in the cc and all tickets bought showed on the screen.

But you could also walk up to a real person and do it manually without the credit card.

I don't know if UEFA has the same technology?

So bring cc, power of attorney and copy of passport and you should be fine.

I will check and see if i can find the template i used!

8. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    FIFA have always been very lax. Machines in South Africa as you say etc. Possible to pickup easily in Japan/Germany as well. I got my brother's tickets - same surname no problem.

As stated above I and my brother and sister have had different experience with UEFA. Really strict at the 2012 Super Cup in Monaco. Also selected for pickup at the 2011 Champions League Final and both my brother and sister had to appear to get the 2 tickets and they turned loads away on both days. My sister had the correct surname and correct first initial of christian name as on guest ticket and still had a battle re English/Irish christian name.

POA would not have worked for either of those days. I witnessed loads of arguments in Monaco. Of course it can vary.

Definitely worth a try and family members etc will help but I wouldn't dream of buying those conditional tickets from somebody.

Where did UEFA allow POA?

9. thunder83

thunder83 Member

Nov 2, 2011
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Maybe you are correct. But it sounds like alot of empty seats in the r16 and so on then...

10. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    #35 hearts123, May 22, 2016
    Last edited: May 22, 2016
    I can't see how they can possibly refuse. The product has been bought and paid for and they don't offer an opportunity to cancel or resell the tickets. So I would think with the correct CC and passport (and maybe POA) they couldn't really refuse. I'll be taking the original documents tho not photo copies.
    Real CC and Real Passport
    Tickets are bought well in advance and many things can happen between purchase and use.
    I'll be prepared tho, should they knock me back I'll have the wife back home on the phone to the CC company explaining that she was Ill and couldn't travel and as we can't pick up the tickets then I want the transaction cancelled.

I'm with you on the other part no way would I be buying a conditional ticket. Wait till it has been exchanged for a real one first.

11. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    UEFA's T&Cs make no reference to the possibility of anyone else doing the pickup.

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/competitions/Ticketing/02/24/67/32/2246732_DOWNLOAD.PDF

In your case hearts123 I'd try to pickup early stating your wife is back at the hotel or gone shopping. If that doesn't work I think virtually any woman could pickup using the correct passport etc. This is not an airport situation and these people are not trained to look at photos etc. they will match name passport credit card etc and most likely hand over the tickets.

Now trying with the letter POA photocopy of passport is more problematic. I don't know if it would work. I certainly wouldn't advise getting into that situation. If already in it then hope for the best. It is not allowed for under the T&Cs.

hearts123 repped this.
  12. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    Exactly my intentions to the letter Popularside...you must have been reading my mind. :) I intend to say she is very Ill in the hotel or at home I'll decide at the time when I see how the wind blows. In the event of it not working I'll get a female to try.
    Luckily most are in my name but there are 4 QF, SF and Final in the wife's name. Of course it's a long way off yet and Spain will have to go all the way for it to matter.
    I will know at the QF if it's going to work and if not it's plan B..........PANIC!!!!

13. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    You can also try different locations if refused first.

hearts123 repped this.
  14. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    Has anyone had to pick up FMT tickets yet? If so what was it like?

15. Thomas1930

Thomas1930 Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Czech Republic
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Is National ID card sufficient to pick up tickets or do I need to bring my passport with me?

16. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    Can anyone who picks up last 16 tickets for a specific team let us know how they get on.
    Thanks

17. Thomas1930

Thomas1930 Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Czech Republic
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Another question: Where are the UEFA ticket pick-up locations in Marseille and Saint-Etienne?

18. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    If anyone collects tickets in the last 16 with Voucher can you tell me the procedure please. Do they check the passport what exactly do they do.
    Thanks

19. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    Got a reply to my email and they have said
    Voucher exchange
    you will be allowed to exchange your voucher with your valid proof of identity with photograph.

20. Ameobi23

Ameobi23 New Member

Jun 23, 2016
    Hi,
    Today in the LMS, I got my mother to order me some tickets to the england game whilst I was at work.
    She used her account by accident and the tickets are on my credit card but in her name.
    Will I be able to pick these up still?
    She won't be in France.
    On the invoice, my mother and I have the same address as on my passport/driving licence.
    Thanks.

21. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I will be trying this tomorrow. A friend is going home and he has left me his voucher and copy of his passport and signed note.

22. Ameobi23

Ameobi23 New Member

Jun 23, 2016
    Let me know how this goes!

23. MyB5

MyB5 Member

May 21, 2006
    Scandinavia
    Club:
    Hammarby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    @Ameobi23
    Why don't you do it the easy way? Search for Sleepers excellent description in this thread, and you pick them up easy, as the "pick-up" person.

I'm in the same boat as you, got tickets today with my sons account and just changed the pick-up person to my details.

24. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I managed to pick up tickets on behalf of a fellow Irish fan. It may have helped that we used the same fancode when applying and thus were seated together for the games so far.

It appears you can only pickup at your country’s pickup point. Ours is at Stade Gerland – the old Lyon stadium – on the metro.

Upon exiting the metro you can choose to follow signs with the Irish tricolour or French one to 2 different locations.

Picking up your own tickets is easy hand in the voucher show your id sign something and they print off your tickets there and then. We are in the yellow section. I also used my passport card whereas the id used to purchase them was my actual passport. They did not check the id number. My name, DOB etc all matched.

Now the tricky bit. I had a photocopy of my friend’s passport along with a signed note authorising me to pickup his tickets. They still needed him (or me) to email the scan of the passport to the manager. She is behind the scenes and makes all the decisions. Her email (and I checked with the front desk guy and it is ok to pass this on) is sofie.galle AT euro2016 DOT fr

Ideally send a scan of your passport to Sofie saying I Mary Murphy authorise Paddy O’Brien to collect my tickets. Best to use the email used to purchase them.

I had to provide that for my friend and in the end guessed it was the one I use to contact him and it seemed to be ok.

They very kindly gave me the wifi password to organise it while there.

There were loads of staff with about ten pickup places. I saw other fans exit and arrive but was the only one there in the time it took me to collect – maybe 30 minutes. FAI staff were also behind the scenes but that was probably on another matter.

If collecting on matchday I’d advise go very early.

hearts123 repped this.
  25. c2daw

c2daw New Member

Apr 26, 2016
    finally some good news today...

do you know if Sofie Galle is responsible for all the games or just for France - Ireland? Did you have to give any reason why you are picking up the tickets? This eventually seems like a fairly easy solution...almost too easy :D