Phoneix area NFHS

Discussion in 'Referee' started by mfoam99, Jul 1, 2017.

1. mfoam99

mfoam99 Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Parkersburg WV
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just moved to the Phoneix area from east coast. Was very active as a NFHS referee. Thought I would try to stay involved out here. Any Phoneix area referees on this forum that can give me some insight. When is the High School season out here?

2. Pierre Head

Pierre Head Member+

Dec 24, 2005
    You might try spelling the name of the place correctly as a good start!
    That is if you are referring to the city in Arizona.

PH

RespectTheGame, cmonref, roby and 2 others repped this.
  3. juneau-AK

juneau-AK Member

Apr 15, 2017
    A few years ago, I was in Tucson area on the way to The Canyon. I fried the head quite a lot, so from whatever memory is left here is my insight, in no particular order - high school season is fall and winter.I just did not like any of the cities in that state, and they did not like the way I said the name of their city, so no animus. The outfit that administers what you are looking for is AZ Interschool something or other, AIA. Someone called David Wheeton (sp?). Yes, staying involved is a good idea, maintains sanity.

4. Law5

Law5 Member+

Mar 24, 2005
    Beaverton OR
    Arizona is unique for high school soccer. It is the only state that plays two seasons. While quite a few states have boys and girls playing separate times of the year, each gender only gets one season. (and some parts of California play in the fall and some in the winter.) In Arizona, each gender gets two seasons, with separate championships and schools, I'm told, will play one season or both. So lots of opportunities to referee high school soccer in Arizona.