"Petrol Money Can't Buy Me Love" - El BienvenISCO Al Mejor Club Del Mundo

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by -Fifth CharM-, Jun 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Sell please.

*hurts to say*

saadomar, PigBenis, Anon. and 2 others repped this.
  2. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It does hurt to see him leave but at this point i'm not even comfortable having him as a sub.

J-Mezzy and HZinho repped this.
  3. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He is not going anywhere

4. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    His girlfriend is an actor in Spain and his son lives in Malaga. The club will have to push him out because he won't leave voluntarily.

5. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Then we should push hard as we can.

Let's get some of the PSG Griezmann money ftom atleti. Something.

MerlinRM repped this.
  6. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Which is what Solari was doing rightfully so.
    Zidane will never do that to Isco I am afraid.
    He’ll continue taking one roster spot and will never regain his form in a sub role. That guy has no ambition to try and make it in another club.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  7. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Solari started doing that from the moment he joined us. IIRC Isco was just coming from an injury and honestly before that he wasn't having a bad season. I actually think that Isco is in this mood partially because of Solari and because the club didn't back him against the coach.

It's still inexcusable because he's a professional athlete who should have gotten his shit together or at least tried to but i honestly didn't see an attempt.

PigBenis repped this.
  8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I still can't believe dude posted a naked selfie as a response.

9. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Why are you surprised? He wasn't given a chance to prove himself right or wrong otherwise. Solari is so dumb that apparently all he had to do (assuming Isco would have played similarly to how he does under Zizou now) was play Isco.

Solari handled the whole situation like an amateur. One of the many reasons he's not here and probably won't get to coach a top team ever again.

saadomar and Lyra repped this.
  10. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Solari was in no testing mode like Zidane was in these last 11 games. He had to win every match and that means he must play the players who are in the best form.
    The few times he played Isco he disappointed. Being so close to the player in training he simply knew what everyone else does now.
    Isco never really tried hard to regain his physical form after the surgery refusing to get on the Scale. He was simply waiting for Solari to get fired and posting selfies.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  11. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Old selfies at that lol

12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Isco has a lot of support in the local press. Solari was getting tossed and pounded and there were opinion pieces on Marca that "its unfortunate that Isco will leave because the next coach that knows what he's doing will really miss him". There is a sense of blind alliance to him, if he plays well, it's boy wonder Isco, if he's sluggish, it's simply a coincidence or something makes him sad.

It's a chicken or the egg discussion because you have Solari and others on his side saying he should get fit and then play while the pro Isco camp felt like he should play as a motivation to becoming fit.

Zidane made no hard choices when he took over. He said his lineup was for the good of the team, but the facts are he made the easiest choices possible. Zero risk, all his veterans, auto pilot.

Isco is a phenomenal talent but he is not doing the most out of it.

Prit Javier and J-Mezzy repped this.
  13. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I remember when it was supposed to be the Spain NT of Isco in a few years. Those days are done.

I don't see Zizou selling him but if he can get back to peak physical form and find his game again he can be a very good sub. It would be his last chance tho. Lot of "ifs" tho.

Anon., Digital, J-Mezzy and 1 other person repped this.
  14. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    This is my perspective, at his best he's a starter if he's in good form he's a great option off the bench that can slot into several roles. Next season though for me is make or break it. If we didn't have so much going on this summer I'd make that move now but in the context of what needs to happen this summer I'd punt for now.

Digital repped this.
  15. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    1131583150201688066 is not a valid tweet id

16. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    -Reivax- and ElCapitánSR4 repped this.
  17. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    One of his best performances in our shirt. His first goal was amazing too. If he just was more consistent he could be the best midfielder in the world.

Drouchk, PigBenis, Halycon and 1 other person repped this.
  18. Real__Madrid

Real__Madrid Member+

Aug 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He probably was the midfielder in the World during those last two months of the season. He was majestic

PigBenis and Lyra repped this.
  19. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    We all saw what happened when Solari got sacked. Isco/Asensio/Marcelo started to play again and we lost too many games. So not sure how he was wrong?

20. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    James gets sent out on loan and then Isco can do whatever (gets fat) he still gets picked

21. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Even if you take into account the different situation where Zidane took over, that imo should not be neglected because there was simply no motivation and no competition to play for, these guys were not the sole reason we lost under Zidane. Solari handled the situation with Isco very poorly, starting from his answers in the press conferences where he went from acting like there's no problem to totally ignoring the problem, to actually totally ignoring the player himself. Isco for a while was playing pretty good before his injury and he deserved a chance to at the very least be included in the squad. And the worst part was he started it almost immediately when he took over, like he had some beef with him. I mean, who the ******** is Solari lol? Zidane has his beefs/dislikes towards certain players but he's Zidane...

Solari is a poor coach and there's a reason no top teams (or even average) are fighting to sign him.

22. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Lets see what happens next season, if Isco/Asensio continue to play bad, it will be all on Zidane anyway!

23. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    I agree with you that Solari handled the whole Isco thing very poorly, but it's not fair to say that just because Zidane is Zidane, he can do the same thing (that's what I understood out of your post). Zidane could give Ceballos and Llorente at least more playing time, because we played for nothing. We can't expect players like Ceballos perform when they play 1 match in 3 weeks. Just play him 3-4 matches in a row, and maybe we can see that Zidane is right about not playing them.

I don't know, but everyone says Ceballos isn't the player we expected him to be, but imo he didn't get the chances he deserved to play a couple of matches in a row. Because he did not so bad in the beginning of the season and even Lucho trusted him in the National team of Spain.

-Reivax-, MerlinRM and Prit Javier repped this.
  24. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Ceballos played better than Isco and deserved more chances than he got.

I think he will become a better player in another club and feature in the NT in the future.

MerlinRM and Prit Javier repped this.
  25. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Solari was and is a trash manager. He was a failure at Castilla and a failure managing the first team. Everyone knew that but he somehow fooled everyone for 3 games after Lopetegui left and he got himself a contract. He'll probably manage a team in India or something because I can't see even the B division of any self respecting league giving him a chance. Utter garbage.