Pes 2011

Discussion in 'Games' started by jcvf90, May 4, 2010.

1. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Cause the PC version is MUCH easier to modify, for obvious reasons.

2. NinaQatar

NinaQatar Member

Sep 25, 2010
    I'm loving this game. Got it for the PC and have been hooked to it, since then. :)

I've downloaded most of my mods from: http://www.pes-patch.com/

The best part is playing as Australia, Bahrain and Qatar.

Here's a pic of an Asian Cup patch:
    [​IMG]

I don't agree with the scoreline, though. :p

3. soyo

soyo New Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    If there is any oldtimer (or maybe someone from the new "Wave" doesn't matter ;)), who is looking with sentiment at the Pro Evolution Soccer genre, maybe he would be interested in playing couple games online with WE9LE (Winning Eleven 9 Liveware Evolution). For those who don't know, this is the improved PES5 version, which was released by KONAMI only in Korea, half a year after the release of PES5, and is considered by many the most realistic football simulation to date. And if for somebody the most important thing is realism, and not the graphics (PES11, next gens etc...), then he will love this game, as many already do.

About a year ago, a couple people got together, and made it possible to play this game online. A few months ago, a russian scene, made a patch - new transfers, current kits, faces, stadiums etc.

If there would be someone interested to play a game, or two, maybe he would like to remember "good old times" ;), if somebody would have any questions, general questions about the game etc. please PM me. If I will not respond for some time, please go look for me at facebook, at the group that was created for the sole reason of gathering all people playing WE9LE in one place:

Winning Eleven 9 Liveware Evolution (WE9LE PC)
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_146803765372899&ap=1

My account: Luk, Luka. Please do not be alarmed by the amount of members. The group was just created.

You don't need the full version of the game (there is no place to buy it anyways). Unless somebody would really want to, then he can always try with the antique shops in Korea ;)

I hope someone will be intrigued by this game, so that he might want to try it. It is an amazing game.
    cheers

4. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    I disagree about the realism. PES 2011 is the most realistic football game. Many quirks, but so many variables PES 5 and WE9LE did not have. Not to say WE9LE is not a great game, probably still my favorite of all time.

There is a patch for it here

5. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Frankly, the new passing system in PES2011 makes it hard for me to go back to older PESes.....and PES5 is one of my top games of all time too!

6. soyo

soyo New Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Well, I definetly don't think I stand a chance in discussing PES2011 in its own thread ;)

But, if you did play WE9LE, maybe you would be tempted to give it another go, especialy since you probably didn't play human players before.

Maybe you'll see the game in more fresh, different light.

I know all about it ;)

No harm in trying... ? ;)

If you guys would like to give it a go, just PM'me, or go to our facebook group.

cheers

7. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    I do have it installed, hence showing the patch.

Been playing mostly with friends, we always play friday nights. We normally go WE9LE, then FIFA 11 and the PES 2011. Don't really understand or care about figuring out how to make the online work.

8. moqool

moqool Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Weird, why cant they just port it?

9. soyo

soyo New Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    That's what our group is for ;)

Sent a request for invitation at my group, and I'm sure either me (Luk Luka), or somebody else will help you out.

cheers

10. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    There are modded versions of PES for PS3 like a computer, but your need a modded PS3 that reads burned blu-ray, plus blu-ray burner.

11. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Because some PC patches use hacking programs to splice in the kits that can't b done with the in game editor.

12. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    My friend told me that something new just came out where PS3s can be 'hacked' without even installing a 'dongle' like he had to do, and can be wirelessly transfered to the PS3 or something? Or maybe through a flash drive, the program to hack it???

Anyone konw what he is talking about? He also said there is ways to 'mask' it so playstation never learns and bans your PS network name.... hmmm.......

13. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    There has been a new firmware that hacks the PS3 console...but it's also been reported to brick some PS3s so watch out for that.

14. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Hmmm......... you have a link to explain more?

15. moqool

moqool Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Thanks for clearing that out.

16. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    If you fine-tune PES well enough (including always updated rosters, and accurate ability ratings), you can consistently get results very close to the real games, playing in the highest difficulty.

I got the most recent PESEdit patch (1.4), plus the latest engine version (1.03 now) plus the latest datapack (2.0). Plus the Anthems patch, so international games sound like World Cup features (PrettyMarlon's patch).