PES 2011 - The Libertadores are finally playable!!!

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by Bolivianfuego, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    There are four kinds of additions:

1. Data Packs --available from inside the game, go to "Extra Content" and hit "Data Pack" (official). They are increasing, so you need to install them in order (the game does that).

2. Official Updates --you have to go to the Konami site and find them, then download the right one for your area. Easier way to do it in North America is go to a site specialized in PES like PES-patch dot com, then under the PES 2011 menu find "official updates" and get the latest one. They are not increasing, it's enough to install the latest one. Just make a directory called "download" in the PES directory and put the unzipped contents there. If there is also an option file, put it in the directory where the games are saved.

3. Non-official patches --they install a lot of things, not just update and replace the real names, but add new teams, new leagues, new faces, etc. There are about a dozen out already, most of them are specific (like add the Egyptian league, or put the real faces on Championship teams, etc). The most comprehensive are the PESEdit and the SuperPatch. They are not increasing, just install the latest one of the one you pick. They are not exclusive, you can have more than one installed. They come with an installer. They don't modify the program but the img files (the data files used by the program). So you can revert to the original by replacing back the original files in the img directory.

4. Option Files --for minor modifications, like updating rosters and changing fake names to real names. They are available everywhere. Just put the option file in the saves directory, replacing if necessary the option.bin and edit.bin files. Always make backups just in case.

You can add so much to this game that it becomes 10 times better than any FIFA game could be.

2. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Oh the official updates turn the PES League into the Bundesliga.

So if you get the 15/10/2010 update from Konami or PES Patch, you get them. The logo stays that of the PES League though. And installing the official update messes up your EPL logo. But those are minor, and installing a good non-official patch fixes it.

PS: To give you an example, after Data Pack 1.01, Official Update 15/10/2010, non-official path PESEdit 0.3, my Bolivar team is:

---------------------------Carlitos Arias------------------------
    Quique Parada---Nacho Ithurralde---Ronald Rivero---Abdon Reyes
    ------------------Leo Reyes----------Walter Flores-------------
    -----Anderson Gonzaga----------------------Charles Da Silva----
    ----------------Alex Da Rosa------------Willy Ferreira-----------

Which means only two mistakes, because Gonzaga is in Danubio now, and Da Silva is on loan to the Saudis.

All I have to do is replace Da Silva with Cardozo and Gonzaga with Torrico.

3. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Gotcha, I thoguth you were talking about the PS3 game. For the PC the editing ability is endless!

4. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    I didn't know Carlitos Arias is not with Bolivar any more. Sad, man. He was a good keeper, too bad about the suspension.

You can edit PS3 and XBOX360 games, but it's much more limited. You need to burn option files and mods (they are different than the ones for PC) on a disc, then copy to the hard disk of the machine and do the update.

It's more involved and a bit riskier, but doable. I've done it in the XBOX before.

5. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I dont think I will ever buy a PES game again... I got tired of the game cheating ways. The computer AI clearly CHEATS in PES series, instead of just being "smarter" when playing.

6. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea, I make a option file for the PS3. ALl yu need is a Thumb drive.... and patience copying over the files from the thumb drive to your PS3.

And yes, Arias got that suspension, and now is in Israel. Heard he is doing great though, but is going to be looking to go somewhere relse in JAN. as thats when his contract is over. Bolivar might get him again, we need him. Our keepers suck.
    I know waht you mean, but I learn to just ober time get better then the AI no matter if they get some little advantages, I still kick the snot out of them. :p

7. flava

flava Member

Jun 3, 2005
    It looks like I cannot play the master league with a team from the libertadores list. I can transfer the players to one of the made up PES teams, but I cannot transfer the actual team name and uniform.

Any advice?