Pes 2009

Discussion in 'Games' started by Mel Brennan, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Che Matador

Che Matador Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Inside the Beltway
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Guess I'll be playing you tomorrow then. I haven't played you since the 2007 series.

2. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^^Yea meng'! Its been a while. U can play 2v2 now online also. We gotta play again like we did with PSV before lol. We wrecked some people dude!

Did you reserve the PS3 version? Or u still playing on the PS2?

3. Che Matador

Che Matador Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Inside the Beltway
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Bro, I upgraded to PS3 (picking my copy up from Gamestop baileysXroad). I will have to find a new team now....... Don't know whether to stick with PSV or move on to another team. Maybe Porto, Shalke (if they are in the game), Liverpool or Man City. Since I got PS3 a couple of weeks ago, I havent touched my ps2.......

4. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^Play with Boca Juniors!!

5. kingallan2k7

kingallan2k7 New Member

Jul 2, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    so does anyone know the complete national teams list for pes09?

6. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Nope but the patches are now out.

7. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  8. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
  9. Gilky115

Gilky115 Member

Oct 14, 2007
    i am incredibly disappointed in this game. The gaming is so jerky, the first touches are horrible, the gameplay is terrible. Fifa 09 is so much better it much smoother.

10. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^^Really? I love this game, feels more realistic than fifa, but to each their own i guess.

11. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    How's the online gameplay this time around? That's what made me lean torwards FIFA instead for the first time in the last 5 years.

12. omar1988

omar1988 Member

Feb 19, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    First touchest ARE horrible, I play the PS2 version, and whenever the pass button is pressed, the player passes the ball weaker than an old crippled lady.

Don't even get me started on the long and short range shots. I'm right in front of the keeper, after defeating the defenders and am in front of the keeper, and the ball goes to the stands.

As a Winning Eleven follower for the past 5 years, I am sad to say that Fifa beats PES by far.

:(

13. Che Matador

Che Matador Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Inside the Beltway
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    While I do agree that this version of PES is very dissapointing, I must confess that I prefer playing this over fifa 09. I feel like I have better control and handeling of the players then I do with Fifa. The only thing that is horrible in PES 2009 is the soundtrack..... HORRIBLE.

14. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^Thats why you can upload your own MP3s lol.

15. soccer4life_7

soccer4life_7 Member

Mar 2, 2004
    Canada
    ^^ can you do this with the 360 version?? sorry if its been asked.. also the game isn't that bad i have both pes 09 and fifa 09 and both have their ups and downs..

16. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Anyone?

17. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    I've only had problems in a couple of games. The first was when live took a dive and the second was my friend's shite connection playing up. Aside from that I have seen nothing wrong.

18. Che Matador

Che Matador Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Inside the Beltway
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I take it back, gameplay online is ok, gameplay off line is magical. MasterLeague is why this game is great.

19. omar1988

omar1988 Member

Feb 19, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Another thing that pisses me off, and perhaps is the worst feature of this game, is that it's been freezing everytime I try to check the game stats.

Also, when I make subs, half the time, the player that I have substituted is still in the field after a couple of minutes, and the player coming from the bench is unavailable and the game counts it as if I had already made a sub.

Winning Eleven 9 remains the best soccer game ever made. PES 2009 is a real piece of shit!!!:mad:

20. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    Based on these impressions, I'm sticking to FIFA. This will be the first year I don't buy PES in a long, long time. :eek:

21. Gilky115

Gilky115 Member

Oct 14, 2007
    ^^^Agreed!!! I feel like the players dont move in a smooth motion. The turns, and dribbling and everything just is sloppy. Fifa 09 is so much smoother and fluid and enjoyable. The fact that the transfers arent up to date and it came out after Fifa09 is strange also.

22. jammybastard

jammybastard Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Flyoverland
    Got PES09 last week for the 360.
    So far I'm not impressed for one reason...

I seem to remember that in the past, at least on the PC, you could use the right stick as a "trick" stick to do spins, poke the ball ahead, go through the gears, etc...
    Now for some reason you can't.
    Am I wrong about this?

As it stands now you can only use the right stick to pass, which is cool, but worthless to me.

23. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    No, the tricks now are all on the left stick. To do the roulette, you do a 360 on the left joystick, same goes with all the tricks, or the D-pad.

24. soccer4life_7

soccer4life_7 Member

Mar 2, 2004
    Canada
    yes the tricks are all done with the left stick.. something that bothered me a bit.. i find it difficult to do some of the tricks and stuff compared to other versions but im slowly getting used to it.. im also still trying to decide which game i like better.. fifa is great like many have said it the way in which the players move but id score similar goals all the time.. pes on the other hand is a bit more choppy which i find a bit annoying but i don't think iv scored the same way more then once...just my 2 cents.. quick question where can i find some links to help with my in game editing, im playing pes for the xbox and am having some trouble fixing up the english teams

25. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Hmmm... check PESgaming.com and look on there.