Pes 2008

Discussion in 'Chelsea Off Topic Threads' started by Kazuma, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Picked up PES 08, pretty enjoyable so far. Gameplay as always is great and it's addictive. Scored 3 goals with Chelsea (London FC) with Drogba doing his classic turn and shoot style. Anyone else pick it up?

Only disappointing thing was the way the teams are set up (Hey, let's put Pizzaro up front and Ben Haim in the back!)

2. The_ChelseaSupporter

Mar 25, 2007
    Olympia, WA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FIFA is better than PES. FM 08 (WSM 08) is better than FIFA.
    Sorry to inform you, mate. ;)

3. chief232

chief232 Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Mississauga, Ontario
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Yeah, it's a pretty good game, but when I saw our starting lineup I was confused. What the hell is Drogba doing on the bench? :D

I have it on PC, what do you have it on? I've just got a gold membership on live, so I've been playing Fifa 08 more, and Football Manager 08 on my computer. My top two games at the moment, though PES 08 is still fun.

Er, I might as well start a FM 08 thread :D

4. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Like I said, Tal freaking Ben Haim on the lineup over Terry!

Wii. I have to say it's amusing playing a football game with a remote and some weird variation of the nunchuck. I can score goals easily (6 with Kalou!) but it's defending that's leaving me frustrated. I might get the hang of it soon enough.

I'd pick it up if I can find the Mac version. Although I might pick up the latest model if I ever get the chance to study in Japan. Could kill a lot of time on the flight.

5. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nah, FIFA is good if you like the official stuff and not gameplay too much. But it's getting up there FIFA is. PES is a little more realistic but isn't licensed (Except for some leagues, England isn't except for Spurs and Newcastle.)

Never played FM 08, can you actually play the matches as a player a la FIFA/PES or do you just manage?

6. The_ChelseaSupporter

Mar 25, 2007
    Olympia, WA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah you just manage. But managing's my passion.