Peru en el Sudamericano Sub-17 Ecuador 2007 part 3[R]

Discussion in 'Peru' started by msioux75, Mar 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KesOne

KesOne BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Ah and the U17, what can I say. Talent? Oh yes. I'd say this team ranks in the top four of this tourney as far as talent goes right next to Brazil, Argentina and ????? not sure who I would add to the fourth spot. Probably Colombia. Yesterday's game, well this is one time I'll use the word "should've" and rightfully so. We should've beat Ecuador 5-2 or 6-2 at least. We missed worst shots than Mendoza missed against Ecuador. Not beating them when we had so many chances will haunt us again if we dont qualify. Lets be serious, we aint beating Argentina. If we can hold them to a tie, well that'll be a miracle. Hopefully, if they do win, the score would end 1-0. Then we'd have to hope Colombia beats Venezuela by at least 3 or more goals. Ecuador? No way they are beating Brasil again. That luck ran out. We did this to ourselves once again. Oh and Manco being redded? Its almost like he did this on purpose? I kinda lost a lil respect for his intelligence right there. I mean, didnt he say River wanted him? What a better place to showboat his skills then when playing against Argentina. Sometimes I just dont understand people. No doubt though, this guy was a talent throughout the tourney right next to the Brazilian Lulu or Lala, whatever his name was. Watching Manco play is just straight up entertaining. People will pay to see him play. And just wish the U17 all the luck in the world. Hope they can dig out of this one.

2. Broncano

Broncano Moderator

Jul 31, 2006
    Lima
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    90 minutes of a life and death game, under a hostile crowd and pouring rain.. these things happen to even the more seasoned pros. Anybody who has played under even the lowest competitive level knows that.
    It's futbol they are playing.. not chess

3. KesOne

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    You can try and defend them, and granted I wont hold any big grudges against these kids, they've done alright. But who was it? Salazar that missed that open net? A 6year old in the rain could have touched that in. Theres no real excuse for that one. He tried to kick the ball when all he had to do was pass or touch it to the back of the net. And my friend, I dont agree with you one bit about soccer not being like chess. Because in this game you better bring that strategy mentality with you if you are going to succeed.

P.S. Hostile crowd, that was kinda funny. These people were all canopied up, they didnt wanna wet their hair. That aint hostile to me.

4. Broncano

Broncano Moderator

Jul 31, 2006
    Lima
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Keso, let me ask you this (and please find no offense).. it is a n honest question: have you ever played a competitive futbol match?

5. KesOne

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Not U17 level, no. Competitive, yes. Furthermore, I've been involved in younger age group competitive matches. I dont take offense, but you have your opinions and I have mine. What you think or feel, doesnt mean I have to agree with you correct? Furthermore, I'm not saying what happened yesterday was impossible if anything its Peru's norm. I'm saying, some of those guys should have used their brains or concentrated just a bit more, and they would have gotten better results. Sometimes in a real game, you have to block everything else out but the game.

6. Broncano

Broncano Moderator

Jul 31, 2006
    Lima
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Ok, then, no offense. It was just a question.

I just would like to point out that having your opinion doesnt mean you can't compromise.
    It's not a contest of opinions. It's about trying to discuss something constructively., and the first step is to admit to the possibility that although that is my personal opinion there is always a chance that it might be wrong.

I don't see that when I have a different opinion than yours. And I don't say that in any confrontational way, It is just the way I perceive it.

7. jlscrub

jlscrub New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Toronto
    so we have 4 points now.

How many more will it take to qualify?

8. KesOne

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Just to remind you, you quoted me and made this comment

"Anybody who has played under even the lowest competitive level knows that.
    It's futbol they are playing.. not chess"

Whether you were implying something or not, point is this doesn’t happen to every competitive team out there. Some teams actually get the job done under worse conditions, and this kind of result is just something we've seen too many times. All in all, I'm more happy then disappointed with this team. Whoever seen these games and cant admit this Peru team is one of the most talented in this tourney, is just plain lying.

9. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    1, granted our direct opponents lose. (Venezuela, and Ecuador to some extent)

10. Broncano

Broncano Moderator

Jul 31, 2006
    Lima
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    there you go again :D :rolleyes:

compromise carajo!

11. KesOne

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru

Ok I see now, you must be a Mendoza fan :p

12. KesOne

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    1 my butt. We need 3 to qualify, and maybe too. We have 25% chance of qualifying now, even with a tie, nevermind a loss :(

13. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    huh?

how can a team get 2 points in a football match? :p :D

if we tie and both Venezuela, Ecuador lose, we go through.

I'm not saying we should go after the tie. We have to go and win the game (we can beat Argentina, more than Colombia).

It also helps that our game is the last one. The Colombia and Venezuela games will be over by then.

14. KesOne

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Who the hay said 2? Are all those H&R numbers making you lose sight, or is it Manuela and her five kids :p

They need to win man, tough tough task but not impossible.

P.S. Thats a "TOO" not "TWO", sorry forgot sometimes we got ESL posters :D

15. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Agree. Have to go out for the win y no confiarse even IF Venecos and nomos lose their respective game.

About the game yesterday....not much left to say. El gol que se fallo solito Salazar: HOLY SHIAT! Although by the way the ref had been making the calls, wouldn't have been surprised if he had scored, they would've called it offside.

They didn't even show why Manco was red carded. He kicked the ball? He yelled at the linesman for calling offside? Granted, it was offside, it seems like the ref just had to show him a red card. Arbitro vendido. It was clear the calls were favored to Ecuador's side.

Pero asi es como ibamos a terminar este Sudamericano. Era el destino. Sufriendo, como buen peruano, hasta el ultimo minuto de juego. Mordiendonos los calzoncillos como diria Broncano.

Estoy seguro de que podemos sacarle un buen resultado a los gauchos. Vamos PERU CARAJO!!!
    ahuh :rolleyes:, then what did you mean by "TOO"? Doesn't fit the context of the sentence. ;)

16. KesOne

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    K, last post and I meds time.

Jeezus, you seriously need me to explain that huh. Someone should start a post, how many posters here have deep spanish accents on here :p.

"maybe too" - meant that even if we win its still a maybe that we qualify. Reread it outloud over and over again, you'll soon get it. Yeah, I may not be an English language doctorate but Keso does know the difference between 'too' and 'two'. With the little I do know about English, I could probably start an after school course and teach you guys a thing or two :p

Ciao Famiglia, y VAMOS PERU CARAXO. I'm going to watch that game manana, these guys are going to give Keso a heart attack :eek:

17. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Sure, that's what you meant. :rolleyes:

I also know the difference between too and two.

Maybe you really didn't mean to say "two", but it still doesn't fit the sentence right ("1 my butt. We need 3 to qualify, and maybe too"). I don't know about you, but I take that as you meant to say the word TWO-2.

I'll just wait for the others to input. I'm sure they'll agree with me. :)

:p

18. Broncano

Broncano Moderator

Jul 31, 2006
    Lima
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    ;)

compromise keso, compromise!

19. KesOne

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Whoever thinks I meant 2 points, let alone agree or follow you well, I'll make my comment after I see this long list of followers Visca has ;)

20. KesOne

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    You sir, need the definition of the word 'Compromise' layed out for you
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compromise

I will not agree to someone putting words in my mouth ;)

21. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    maybe it's the meds.

go to sleep keso.

22. KesOne

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    No, its you. Quality poster you :D

Get back on topic already. What are all the point scenarios? Mr. Newsbot.

23. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    http://www.libero.com.pe/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=22299&Itemid=86

24. KesOne

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Like I said before 25% chance of qualifying now. We had to beat Ecuador yesterday, and not forgive like that. Sighsss

[youtube]Wu7TgsZkMY8[/youtube]

25. Broncano

Broncano Moderator

Jul 31, 2006
    Lima
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    You sir need to stop going to wikipedia for definitions :D