Pep Talks Not Working - The Other Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Ninjatend0, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Liverpool top after their third win. Not quite as flowing as last season (yet) but look much more solid at the back. Definitely serious contenders with room to grow.

Keita is legit and allison solid in goal. Harder tests to come but I'm feeling pretty good if I'm a koppite right now.

2. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    In our ex-player news, Courtois is warming the bench at Madrid. Good.

stanger and Blueallthru repped this.
  3. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Gives him ample time to kiss the badge.

Wrath repped this.
  4. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    How anyone saw United doing well this season is beyond me. Horrid team. Even worse manager. He needs a 5 year sabbatical.

5. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    United had some decent chances in the first half, but their defense is more comical then ours was vs Arse. Spurs dominating 3-0 now.

6. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Too early to tell.

7. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Wasn't too early to tell they were going to suck when he took charge. Definitely not too early to tell after they've conceded 3 goals and lost 2 in a row. They're lost.

I know I'm speaking in absolutes here but I just do not see it. The toxic Jose vibes are off the charts.

Blueallthru repped this.
  8. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I just think 3 matches into a season is not always indicative of how the team is going to perform. They haven't looked bad today, if Lukaku scores early on, this might be a different story.

9. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Here's the thing though that we should all know too well. Mourinho doesn't lose well. He gets frustrated more than normal. He lashes out out at his players and in doing so loses the dressing room. You know what happens then. Once that dressing room has gone it's over for him.

10. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Luckily for Jose they are all united and that includes the manager. He just said so and surely he speaks the truth. Nothing but fight and camaraderie.

11. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Exactly.. it's hardly just the 3 games aspect, it's that 1) Good Jose teams never experience this 2) as Blue said, he will lose the dressing room.. this isn't the Jose of old.. this current form of Jose, imo, has completely lost it.

I can be proven wrong, for sure, just not seeing it atm.

12. addicted2chelsea

Nov 11, 2007
    Australia
    Mourinho truly is a pathetic weasel... that second spell at Chelsea broke him i think.

13. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  14. 352klr

352klr Member+

Jan 29, 2001
    The Burgh of Edin
    Madrid broke him. The pre-Madrid José would have won the league his first season back with us. Instead he threw it away with some shit tactics and we lost to Villa, Palace, and Sunderland in a 6 match stretch to drop out of 1st.

Blueallthru and Kerry Dixon's Boots repped this.
  15. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    1st Chelsea spell Mourinho ain't losing 3-0 to a team like that.

Mourinho is sadly a shadow of himself.

Blueallthru repped this.
  16. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Worse than a shadow, I think he has become a parody of himself.

Wrath and Blueallthru repped this.
  17. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Ah, bless Jose. The implosion was on the cards pre-season and even the end of last season, but now it is almost inevitable. How can he get out of this? He has also lost his sidekick. He berates and alienates his players. He has always been a 3-season manager tops. He is not a dynasty builder (very few managers are). Had he spent another 200 million last summer he might survive better or longer into the season, but now he is spent. He doesn’t have any tricks or tactics to get out of this. He doesn’t have the capacity for change. We can only sit back and watch.

Conte as the next United manager?

18. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Exactly this. Madrid ruined him.

19. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Exactly. A very dim shadow.

He just hasn't adapted to changing player attitudes and thus his tactics just fail after awhile.

Dtrip77 repped this.
  20. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Probably a good shout but it'll be Zidane. Yanited can't make the same mistake twice in a row. Conte would get immediate results, but he too will grow tiresome in the dressing room and tactically Yanited fans would be pissed as he'd shut up shop against top sides like Citeh and Liverpool.

21. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I hope not, if they get Zidane, next they will want Hazard.

22. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    hmm, i actually think Hazard wouldn't go to another premier league team if he had options abroad that were top teams as well.

Blueallthru repped this.
  23. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I'd see Zidane going to Juve if anything. But he made the smart move leaving Madrid but he knows how Perez acts.

24. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I don't know. Conte wasn't really backed in his 2nd season and we were quite attacking in his first. United have much more resources to back the manager.

25. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The issue isn't backing with Conte, it's Conte's expectations and tactics with players. It works at first, then players tire of it. He's a good manager, I really like him. But his handling of a few players really created a rift between players and manager. Luiz, Costa, Willian, Matic all were either frozen out, allowed to leave, or have a beef because of what happened to someone else. And that doesn't even take into account anything that happened behind the scenes.