News: Patriots Owner Bob Kraft to be arrested

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by patfan1, Feb 22, 2019.

1. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, it's rare when I don't want him to acknowledge that he's the Revs owner too.

This is following a sex trafficking investigation regarding one of the places Kraft has been recorded going into.

Yikes.

2. pwykes

pwykes Member

Apr 18, 1999
    Auburn, MA
    Guess that’s why there is never any money left over for the Revs :)

TOAzer repped this.
  3. Feldspar

Feldspar Member+

Nov 19, 1998
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It’s a really awful place where they nicked him too. Sex trafficking basically, and in a strip mall. Prostitution can be a victimless crime, at least in the right situation, but here it’s just a horrible one. Stupid, Bob.

4. rkane1226

rkane1226 Member+

Apr 9, 2000
    Club:
    Stade Brestois 29
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is all over the internet. Some stories say he was arrested, others he will be...

Just like someone was saying, “its only preseason, it’s only preseason, it’s only preseason...”. I’m trying to say, “innocent until proven guilty...”

Concussions, kneeling for anthems, owners up on charges for soliciting prostitution... The NFL is just going to love it. MLS is buffered. In the greater population hardly anyone even knows he owns a team.

5. Feldspar

Feldspar Member+

Nov 19, 1998
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think its safe to say he’s only been charged, not arrested. They’ve apparently got him on video for a couple different visits to the place.

6. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which is I said "to be arrested" in the thread name.

7. rkane1226

rkane1226 Member+

Apr 9, 2000
    Club:
    Stade Brestois 29
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wasn't criticizing. Just commenting that the stories are all over the map.

8. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    How humiliating. The guy's got grandchildren.

9. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shows how important Myra was as the matriarch of the family.

10. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey Krafty, Seekingarrangements.com! ;) You can afford it!

11. Feldspar

Feldspar Member+

Nov 19, 1998
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I also wonder how much Bob has a grip on his mental faculties these days. Not that he’s suffering from dementia or anything! But he’s seemed less sharp in public appearances the last few years, enough so that could see his judgment not being what it was and him doing something like this. Pure speculation on my part, but I do wonder.

12. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    I suspect it's a combination of both these theories.

To be an aging billionaire, yet have no one who can/will expect you to live up to your ideals can be a dangerous combination. I suspect he lost his moral tether when he lost his wife. No wonder he supports another aging [supposed] billionaire with no moral compass. The younger Bob Kraft would have been ashamed of the Bob Kraft of today.

RevsLiverpool and Feldspar repped this.
  13. teskicks

teskicks Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Jan 14, 2002
    Wrentham, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #13 teskicks, Feb 22, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  14. Feldspar

Feldspar Member+

Nov 19, 1998
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gronk?

TOAzer repped this.
  15. tsb11

tsb11 Member+

United States
    May 31, 2018
    His wife has been dead for 8 yrs. Its not like he cheated on her or broke her trust, which I consider much higher crimes than paying someone to have sex with you. Too bad sex work is a crime, just another way the US govt tries to restrict women's body autonomy.

16. A Casual Fan

A Casual Fan Member+

Mar 22, 2000
    Ugh.

Sadly, this evokes comparisons to the situation of "factory farm" animals in too-small too-infrequently-cleaned pens.

Contrast that bit of data to these reactions:

Yeah, yeah, innocent until proven guilty, I got it already. No need to say it... but - Ugh, again.

TOAzer repped this.
  17. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Suppose the Pats were not the team they are now, but more like the Billy Sullivan era red jersey Pats who would consider 6-7 wins a "good season"? Would they be singing hosannas then?

This is just sad on so many levels....

a517dogg repped this.
  18. Feldspar

Feldspar Member+

Nov 19, 1998
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We'll find out when the video leaks, which it almost certainly will. Maybe it's a case of mistaken identity. But Bob is pretty recognizable....

19. Mike Marshall

Mike Marshall Member+

Feb 16, 2000
    Woburn, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, this wasn't The Bunny Ranch or some other establishment where the women are there because they want to be. This is NOT the kind of sex work that should be tolerated.

That said, BK has done enough good in the world where I don't think this should permanently ruin his reputation. Guy just seems kind of lost as a person since his wife passed away.

Revs in 2010, TOAzer and Feldspar repped this.
  20. tsb11

tsb11 Member+

United States
    May 31, 2018
    Yeah the more details that come out the more this looks like human trafficking and exploitation, which is no bueno

21. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with this. Seems like things went South since Myra passed away. He's not the same guy he once was.

Mike Marshall repped this.
  22. RevsRule

RevsRule Member+

NE Revs, LAFC
    Jun 9, 1999
    N. Eastern, Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im not even sure he knows that he owns the team? Maybe if the NFL jumps on him (they will) he will start paying attention to the Revs?

23. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Member+

Apr 25, 2000
    SE Mass
    I'm impressed by the sensitivity shown by this board, despite the squalor of this arrest. I was fully expecting "Why the fuss? He was just trying to do to the human trafficking victim what he's been doing to the Revs for years!" I wish I could express the balanced view of Mike and others, but I feel only contempt.

Revs in 2010 and RevsLiverpool repped this.
  24. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do understand, and I can't help but feel contempt for his choice to take advantage of the degraded, to degrade himself. But I also feel sadness.
    Human trafficking, much of which is in fact slavery [indentured servitude to downright slavery], seems everywhere now. It is so open, so accepted, that people can be shocked that people are surprised at its open functioning, and open it is and has been, from strip malls at one end to the "Epstein tours" at the other end.
    The shock seems to be not that this is now woven into the fabric of contemporary America, but that a man of wealth and power would indulge in one of the "low forms" when so many more sophisticated, discreet, forms are there for those of wealth or power. And that is beyond sad.

25. Cannons

Cannons Member+

May 16, 2005
    #25 Cannons, Feb 23, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
    I wont comment on Kraft or what he may/may not have done. Im just wondering a couple of things at this point.

1) If the police knew about this operation, how long did they let it go on and why? Were not the "victims" still being exploited daily if the police didnt immediately shut it down? Seems odd and looks like a giant fishing net to me. Lets see what we can catch while the victims continue to suffer.

2) Why was only Kraft's name released to the press? I do not understand why he is being singled out with his name released?

Yes he was stupid but I dont understand the two items above? I also have to wonder if this has more to do with who Kraft's friends are then the crime?

TOAzer repped this.