Park Joo-ho @ Borussia Dortmund 2015-2016 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by ChaDuRi671, Aug 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  2. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Time for him to move

3. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Should pulisic then? Still a few weeks to sort out especially given questions over his health with late start to season.

4. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Dortmund sees bright future for Pulisic, so he'll get enough playing time.
    Not for Park.

5. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Of course it's harder for PJH but things today aren't much different than they've been esp after a weird lineup . At end of window, if everyone is healthy and performing and still with Dortmund, we will see then

6. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    That's the thing, things haven't changed and I doubt it will in the future.

7. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Oh, this guy is still alive? Can he go back to Mainz?

seolseol repped this.
  8. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

killaorca and Seol Korea repped this.
  9. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I guess not as he's dropped right before kickoff.

10. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    gg

11. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    PJH comes on.

SUPER confusing day.

datschge and killaorca repped this.
  12. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Well with Durm still having issues (knee cleanup) may be last second before BVB make a decision

But until then

13. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    It sounds like Durm will be back on Friday.

14. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I thought it was referring getting back to the area (since this was in context of not being at media day) rather than training. Even if the latter, Durm seems moments away from another injury anyway.

15. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, Durm is back in Dortmund on Friday but will be out of action for a while. May not be super relevant to PJH's situation though.

16. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Tuchel is moving these pieces around a ton and the late start with Euros isn't making things clearer.

17. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    #542 aeh1991, Aug 17, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
    He's considered by TT as RB/RM anyway. Given that Passlack and Ginter can also play RB I don't think Durm will be missed.

Edit: forgot about Ginter being in Rio.

18. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Yes it is. But 1. I can't think of any other players than him (minus Subotic whose transfer failed because of injury and the youngsters Pulisic, Passlack or Mor who could go on loan) and 2. he's been constantly on the exit list on several reports (one of them was Ruhrnachrichten, which isn't as unreliable as e.g. Bild) and 3. they will rate him as too good/expensive(wages) to keep as LB number 3.

True that. No one really cares about forums, but the comments on official FB posts can't be 100% ignored.

Ehm... no. Most of the player threads are mostly positive, while PJH's thread is filled with "I like the guy but he has to go" posts.

It changed already the day they signed Raphael Guerreiro. He is regarded as one of the most talented LBs and is actual Europe champion. Moreover he is not as injury prone as Schmelzer. He'll be a regular for sure. Even if Schmelzer gets injured once again, Durm will take the spot on the bench because of his advantage to play RB/LB (similar situation to KJS and Toljan).

I don't disagree about that. But honestly I think it's a mix of his own ambitions and lack of interest. Most of the mid-table Bundesliga teams have 1-2 good LBs already. And as for now I don't think he'd go to a club like Ingolstadt or Darmstadt. As for other leagues I can't really judge. Do you think he'd have interest from England/Spain/France?

Anyway, I am just being a bit harsh and stubborn because I care about PJH and we need him urgently in the KNT. And unless he magically gets plenty of playing time, his match fitness will fall continuously which is very worrisome.
    I don't care if he wants to stay there or not. It's my personal opinion that he should do anything to find a new club.

19. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #544 takeuchi, Aug 21, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    1. you can't think of any other player? Ramos is still around & he's on a big wage. Ginter is being chased by multiple clubs (strongly linked to HSV & Wolfsburg atm). also, you can never tell when Durm will be fit..

2. again, who cares about forum & facebook posts? managers & management don't care.. and shouldn't care. Tuchel wasn't the only one who wanted Park JH at BVB..... one of Tuchel's assistant who followed him from Mainz also highly rates him.

3. I know about Guerreiro. Liverpool had serious interest & also bid for the player. Majority of the fans, including myself.. viewed him as another "Moreno". If you know anything about Moreno & how he is viewed by Liverpool fans..... of course, Klopp doesn't give a crap about our views.

4. Park JH can play multiple position. Mostly on the left but he can be useful backup in CM/DM position too. Merino is young & new to Bundesliga while... Sahin.. he isn't exactly loved by Dortmund fans too (along w/ constantly being linked away + injury prone).

5. Name the mid-table clubs with 1-2 good LBs already. Most don't.. even if they had one, Park JHs performance at Mainz were better (you can check Mainz roster.. they don't have a single good LB).

Park JH played well consistently when he was with Mainz. Kim JS on the other hand showed nothing but flashes while constantly being out injured or out due to international duty.

edit - personal opinion but I'm so sick of fans demanding players move "down" to relegation fodder type of clubs. it doesn't matter if they play "consistently".. granted, even that is not guaranteed... but that doesn't help improve the national team. players doing well & challenging themselves at top clubs improve the national team.

20. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Fine, if you prefer him fighting for a bench place over fighting with mid-table clubs for Europe places then ok.
    But we've seen enough examples how players without match fitness have failed at KNT.

21. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #546 takeuchi, Aug 21, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    I've seen enough examples of players playing for "mid-table/relegation fodder' team & fail miserably for KNT too.

Also, WC is 2 yrs away. Another yr challenging himself at BVB is fine. He can search for "match fitness" after this season if the situation remains the same.

edit - of course, i have also witnessed talented players without match fitness do something amazing for Korea too (Ji & PCY at 2012 London Olympics).

22. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    final year is the year where players should go to a club where they can play consistently. Going into the WC with good form is always important. Right now he can always try to break into Bvb, it all depends on the player's ambition I guess. We need more of that from our players in general.

23. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    His fighting spirit is something I rate a lot. Anyway, I guess it's a matter of personal taste.

24. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
  25. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, Schmelzer played and Guerreiro came on as a sub...in midfield.