Park Ji-sung @ Manchester United 2009-2010 Thread [R] VI

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Seol Korea, Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  2. yimmy

yimmy Moderator

Aug 23, 2004
    California
    The last time united lost away from home was that Milan game (2007 CL semi final) where they lost 3-0 after beating them 3-2 in the 2nd leg. However, during the 2007 CL QF, they lost away from home 2-1 in the 1st leg against AS Roma and beat the crap outta them 7-1 in the 2nd leg at home. So who knows?

3. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    What a win for Bayern, although I still think Man United's got the advantage going into the second leg at home. But for Bayern to come from behind and win this game at the last minute, all without Robben, is big. I initially thought the only way Bayern was going to win this was if both Ribery and Robben played out of their minds.

Then again, I'm still struggling to understand what SAF was thinking when he opted to strengthen the attack in the second half. Those two substitutions changed everything. How did he forget that what brought Man United success in Europe in recent years was defense? All it takes is for him to go back and watch tapes of that 0-3 loss to Milan 3 years ago and last year's final against Barcelona to see what will happen if his side tries to play an open game in the knock-out stages. Even with Cristiano Ronaldo, defense has been Man United's bread and butter for the last two seasons.

4. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    BTW - Ribery was superb. It's been a struggle for him this season, but good to see him finally find his feet.

5. yimmy

yimmy Moderator

Aug 23, 2004
    California
    Neville and Nani double teamed him near the United goal line and he had this really sick move where he almost got away with the ball.

6. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    i couldve sworn there was a black hole in uniteds midfield.

7. redknights

redknights Member

Jan 20, 2010
    USA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Scholes or Carrick?

8. Sergei Mantis

Sergei Mantis Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Club:
    Pohang Steelers
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Just got back from class. I watched the second half during lecture today... I literally screamed out "F*CK" in front of 800 people when Olic scored. Bayern really exploited MANU's mistakes, they seemed to dominate the second half..
    Disappointing... How did park play in 1st half?
    EDIT: ManU's MFs (in 2nd half at least,) played horrible. Defense was the only thing that held the team till the end..

9. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    scholes brought little to the table. fletcher was overrun. carrick is the weak link in the midfield. i dont understand his tactics. i wouldve played just like last game with carrick on the bench or scholes.

10. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Bayern had a black hole of their own in Demichelis. To be fair, his slip on Rooney's goal was an unfortunate mistake, but his defending in general was poor. Bayern should've kept Lucio, especially seeing terrific he's played so far for Inter this season.

11. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    Scholes(alright), Fletcher(fine), Carrick(slow, lumbering nonexistent in these type of games) can be effective in midfield only if they have support from the flanks and even forwards. PJS, Evra were fine. Neville and Nani helped by Ribery were the black hole for United.

I was also shocked at how MVB was allowed to just run up the middle of the field box to box and take shots at goal multiple times in the game. That was just ridiculous. MVB is good but not that good.

12. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    Those subs did nothing for the game bc Ferguson failed to address Ribery's game-long molestation of Neville. Ferguson made a strategic mistake by thinking Nani and Neville would be able to contain Ribery and was stubborn and refused to make proper adjustments in second half.

13. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    England and United supporters are crapping their pants over Rooney's injury.

14. forzakr

forzakr New Member

Oct 29, 2001
    Seoul, Korea
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    And I'm shittin g in my pants cause he's on my Fantasy League team

15. redknights

redknights Member

Jan 20, 2010
    USA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/371075-bayern-munich-manchester-united-player-ratings

Watched the game live and I didn't remember Lahm being too much trouble for Evra/PJS.

PJS tried to find some space by drifting infield but the service to the front 3 was shockingly poor. Usually United are able to play their way through center midfield but the engine room of Scholes, Carrick and Fletcher couldn't string together any sort of passing move. Nani pissed me off with his decision-making at times... someone has to teach him that one/two touch and pass is NOT a bad option sometimes...

I don't think Park had a terrible game at all. Too bad his defensive responsibilities are of the type that if he does well, no one notices and if he does poorly everyone jumps on his back. I think had United held on to win 1-0, no one would be this harsh on him. I think they forget that he was off the field for the 2 bayern goals.

16. CanadianGook

CanadianGook Member

Jun 16, 2005
    actually, i disagree.

park and evra didn't do too well marking their men as well. imo, the munchen wingers out played (well, the whole team for that matter) united.

park had some bad touches and only linked up well with the other midfielders once or twice...

he did however start to play better in the 2nd half before he got subbed.

SAF was definitely over confident and perhaps thought united soaked up all the pressure enough that it was gonna be 'their' turn on offence. he seemed to be in a rush to make those subs.

in retrospect, it was the wrong decision. having said that a 2-1 loss is better than 1-0 due to the away goal. united has to now win at home which before i thought was more than reasonable, but now with rooney's injury i'm pretty concerned.

the game could have also been different if neville didn't make that stupid handball. evra should have also cleared the ball asap when it was by his feet. he should have known that only seconds remained on the clock and clearing it would have probably been the end of the match.

epl is priority for me though so i'm gutted that rooney may miss the chelsea game and maybe the rest of the season. apparently SAF thinks its not too seroius, but definitely too early to tell whether he can make the match at OT against chelsea

17. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7-Zh8NKkDE&feature=sub"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7-Zh8NKkDE&feature=sub[/ame]

cool video

LOL Kara, SNSD, 4minute, T-ara

18. wrecklesssoldier

Feb 20, 2005
    park did have some good passes, but for the most part, was rubbish today... and the entire team for that matter...

rooney fcking missed the sitter that could have sealed the victory.. and got injured :)

19. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    Skysports gave Nani and Neville 7's and Park a 6. No one had a good game including Park but Neville with a 7???

The match report also says that Ribery was kept at arms length the entire game... Does "arm's length" mean burning Neville at will in Britain? Possible MOTM was kept at arm's length most of the evening?

20. CanadianGook

CanadianGook Member

Jun 16, 2005
    nani did soso..

but i wouldn't give neville a 7 either. he was the culprit of the first goal pretty much. should not have put his hands up.

evra was crap.

nani was nothing more than 7, probably for the assist.

park i thought was a 6 but so was most of the team.

21. thewoo

thewoo Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Club:
    Seongnam Ilhwa
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The Bleachers reporter guy has always hated PJS for some reason, he never writes a player ratings when Park has a good game.

22. footballchic

footballchic Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Bruges
    Club:
    CFR 1907 Cluj
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    LOL, these articles put a big grin on my face:

스페인 해설자, “박지성 교체가 맨유의 패인”:
    http://news.nate.com/view/20100331n02387?mid=s0401

日 기자, “박지성 잘 뛰고 있었는데...”:
    http://news.nate.com/view/20100331n04330

Can't say I agree, though, because Park has shown to tire precipitously after about 70 minutes. His teammates did also, though not quite as fast. Manchester United seemed only dominant for about 10 to 15 minutes of this game. The rest belonged to Bayern Munchen.

23. Koreafan

Koreafan Member

Jan 1, 2010
    hmm i dont remember lahm doing anything dangerous offensively until after park was subbed out. that bleacher guy dont know what hes talking about.

24. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    No, he doesn't. A U.S. version of goal.com. Lightweight stuff.

25. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    u appear to have some fitness fetish. every comment u make has to do with it.