Park City jersey unveiling (March 12, 2005)

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by PumaJohnny, Mar 12, 2005.

1. PumaJohnny

PumaJohnny Member

Nov 30, 2001
    Draper
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://real.saltlake.mlsnet.com/MLS...ntent_id=23739&vkey=pr_rsl&fext=.jsp&team=rsl

"SALT LAKE CITY - Real Salt Lake and adidas invites media, fans and season-ticket holders to the unveiling of Real Salt Lake's official 2005 jersey on Saturday, March 12 at 6:00 p.m. at the Town Lift Plaza in downtown Park City, Utah. At the event, media, fans and season-ticket holders will be able to mingle with RSL players and front office personnel.

Leading up to the unveiling of the jersey, RSL and adidas will be providing various types of entertainment for those attending the event at the Town Lift Plaza. Park City Mayor Dana Williams will be on hand to welcome the public and start the program for the evening. Music and performance dance will be part of the evening festivities with "Soldiers of Soul" performing break dancing and the Latin Heritage Group performing Latin-American folkloric dance."

Sounds like a cook gig. Can someone who's going post pics for those that can't make it?

2. ED Fajardo

ED Fajardo New Member

Dec 31, 2001
    Fairfax,VA
    Why Park City and not in SLC?

3. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Interesting spot they chose. Is there something else going on in Park City? I thought I saw recently they picked up a skiing event from Bogus Basin in Idaho since Bogus was shutting down (too warm + thin snow pack).

4. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why because Park City is like the Hollywood of Utah. Most of the players live in PC and so thats why their having it there.
    Sundance anyone?

5. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Park City is much more chic. That's where the sporty rich people live in general.

6. mozzerino

mozzerino New Member

Feb 11, 2005
    michigan
    Nice jerseys! I might buy one myself...especially the away....

7. Fiorentina lives!

May 5, 2004
    mozz, if you buy either 1st or 2nd Spain MNT jersey and stick a RSL shield in 'em you have exactly the same jersey!

:rolleyes:

8. Sempuukyaku

Sempuukyaku Member+

Apr 30, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Okay, I'm no RSL fan but seriously man, enough....DROP IT

If you don't like the jerseys then don't follow RSL. Seriously your incessant whining is getting pretty annoying.

9. bsucio9

bsucio9 Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Twin Falls
    Rep

10. the cup

the cup Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Anyone have a report?

11. tux311

tux311 New Member

Dec 8, 2004
    Utah
    Man This Revealing was special but a bit cold. anyways they had 5 skiiers that came down from the mountains right next to the party with lit red tourches coming from above. way cool. then they past some people that were on the slopes that unveiled the huge jersey on the snow. they introduced the colors and then they had the players (kries, countess, and walker) show off the jerseys, followed by big fireworks.

A Site to See... Beware of the Mighty Real SL

12. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who is Walker? Wasn't it Brian Dunseth?
    Thanks for the update.

13. Deuce

Deuce Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Was all good report except for the names of the players...
    It was;
    Jason Kreis
    Brian Dunseth
    Nelson Akwari
    DJ Countess
    Sergio Flores
    They were all sporting full uni's and I can say the away uni is white jersey, blue shorts, blue socks... and so forth for the other two uni's red jersey for home... and Yellow jersey for training... all with Blue shorts and blue socks.

anyway the uni's were all very nice...

side note; There is not a Spanish Flag on the white jersey...

14. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    An overall nice kit.

IMHO I like the color of the home kit but not lettering used to spell real. On the away kit I like the fact that it has salt lake on the front, but am not thrilled with having another white away jersey in the league.

15. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    here's the pic of the home jersey:

[​IMG]

16. Wallydrag

Wallydrag BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 24, 2002
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I will say that while I think that the 'Real' on both the front of the home jersey and in the badge is a bit redundant, I really like that they've put the team 'nickname' if you will on the home jersey and simply the place name on the away jersey. Much like Chicago.

17. rsl neil

rsl neil New Member

Oct 13, 2004
    Layton, UT
  18. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good job Neil. Glad to see the Loyalists represented.

Did Scott do the Loyalist shirt unveiling too? :)

19. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
  20. Blitzz Boy

Blitzz Boy Member

Apr 4, 2002
    The West Side
    Today is the day after the Mountain West basketball tournament final.

Everything except basketball got a 2 sentence writeup in today's Tribune sports section. Except articles about how popular NASCAR is, of course.

There was a big nice picture of Sergio Flores in the print version, though.

21. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Thanks. That makes sense. Seems fair enough that a newpaper it's size can only cover so much in one day.

22. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Does that giant real Adidas shirt flag become property of the Loyalists now ?

23. Spurs74

Spurs74 Member

Nov 10, 2003

The Colors are similar to " La Seleccion Espanola" It looks cool,but MLS NEEDS TO SERIOUSLY DROP THE NAMES ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY...REALLY LET IT GO!!! ITS TOO MUCH.

It looks good,but that practice needs to be over with. True footy fans oughta know the difference!!!

24. YNWAYNWA

YNWAYNWA New Member

Feb 26, 2005
    New York
    I am ignorant (I admit), why Real Salt Lake?

is there a significant latin population or history in SLC? kit copied from Spain and Spanish dancers? what's the connection?

and what's up with the regal thing? -- Americans kicked the monarchy out 220 years ago

I'm at a loss -- educate an East Coaster

thanks

25. Spurs74

Spurs74 Member

Nov 10, 2003

Thats really the thing about the MLS that they should have learned.

Remember reading books about American soccer when back in the 1920's-1930's (Heyday for American soocer) Or a soccer encyclopedia with the names of the winners and you'll see names like Brooklyn Hispana, or St.Louis Hakoah, etc.; names that reflect the ethnicity!!! Of course, in the Politically Correct time, that cant be done. But the whole thing with Real Salt Lake makes me ponder why. And you bring up a good point...there is no true Spaniard community in Salt Lake and why even bring up the idea of Monarchy when perhaps its the usual american way to sell the team to customers...If it had been Mormons, then it would be too Politically Incorrect since that is Salt Lake's traditional population. So its a sticky point, but good that you bring it up!!! Because rather use these nicknames, call the club where you're from!!!