Paraguay League Thread

Discussion in 'CONMEBOL' started by j710, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Supposedly we might sign Daniel Guiza. We might as well change our jersey colors to azulgrana at this point. :ROFLMAO:

But on a serious note, I wouldn't mind if we got him. We need a good forward because the ones we have now absolutely suck.

2. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

Man that's how we roll, we won 3 libertadores, using Cerristas jajaj, I think Guiza is good, the guy doesn't choke in big games and it's much better than anyone of the delateros we got now, I wouldn't mind having him in our team, I understand his frustration with Cerro and why he left, he got tired of Cerristas booing then in key moments playing with people Like Dos Santos and barreto that choked big time so he left.

3. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Wow, whoever thought Guarani out of all teams would eliminate Corinthians and end their 30 game unbeaten streak at the Arena Corinthians, huh? lol

How many Cerristas would commit suicide if Guarani make the final? lol

4. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    That would be hilarious, they are freaking out already and I hope Guarani can make me eat my words the same way nacional did last year, I been taking a lot of shit about them for many many years.

5. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    12 games unbeaten for Chiqui Arce and he has taken us to 3rd place.

I can't help but feel if Pumpido was let go alot earlier like he should have, we probably would have been fighting for the championship right now.

6. KING_TACUARA

KING_TACUARA Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Club:
    Nacional Asuncion
    yo siempre digo que el chiqui arce es buen dt. fue injusto que le echaron de la selección despues de solamente dos derrotas contra peru en lima y bolivia en la paz. dos partidos que siempre perdemos. pero noooo un dt kurepa o uruguasho puede perder 20 partidos en seguida y todavia mantienen los

7. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Chiqui Arce con la seleccion fue in inutil y se merecia que lo echen por Payaso, ahora con Olimpia esta hasiendo mejor las cosas pero tampoco no es ningun Maurinho, llego a Olimpia sin Posibilidades de campeonar hasi que la presion no es la misma.

8. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    I got to say, I'm very impressed with Guarani, I have not been watching many games this season but I like what I see, they remind me of 08-09 Paraguay and Jubero is a pretty good coach, he is making Bums like Contrera look good.

Latin Pride repped this.
  9. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    So when we fail hard at the Copa America with the shitty squad Ramon called up is it safe to say Jubero's name will be ringing for the NT? lol

10. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    I'm actually very impressed with what he is doing with Guarani, I think that's what Chiqui arce was trying to do with Paraguay, but failed miserably, It reminds me a little bit of paraguay in 09 but with a lot more ball possession(not this game though).

11. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    And to think that Jubero was only supposed to be a temp coach for them. It would be so freakin awesome if Guarani made the final just to see how Cerristas would react lol

12. KING_TACUARA

KING_TACUARA Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Club:
    Nacional Asuncion
    jubero es bueno pero me gustaría mucho el tiburón torres para la selección es un tremendo dt

13. KING_TACUARA

KING_TACUARA Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Club:
    Nacional Asuncion
    almeida es nuevo dt de libertad jajaja pobres repollos nunca mas van a ganar algo

14. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Let him coach a lil longer before we even consider him for the NT. And even though I have no hope for the Copa America, lets see how we look before we already start naming new coaches.

15. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Kinda ironic you say that considering he won the league with Nacional.

Unlike most Olimpistas I can't stand Almeida. I hate his tactics and I hate his attitude but he probably won't do any worse then Sarabia, who I never thought was a good coach to begin with.

16. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I don't know about you Danny but I'm far more excited for Olimpia and the Sudamericana then I am for the NT and Copa America.

Looks like we're gonna be bringing in Zeballos and Velazquez (also maybe Derlis Gonzalez and Ariel Nunez) if we do we're gonna be set with one hell of a team.

17. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

My patience is running out with Trovato, I was really exited last year, when they brought Acuna and Montiel , then I wast exited 6 months ago with RIveros and all the other names and we sucked the last 2 tournaments, so I'll wait and see what's up before I start talking crap to all my Cerristas friends, But I am really looking forward to the sudamericana.

18. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    We're also getting Ariel Nunez and Ale Silva is coming back.

What an awesome team we're building. I'm just wondering where in the world are we getting the money to get all these good players? Or are they coming for cheap just for the love of the team?

19. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    MT has been doing a great job getting quality players the last 3 tournaments, we just have not been able to get goal scorers to win the games, He is getting a lot of them on loan and their team have been paying for most of their salary and Scavonne had been helping out with money he has also been paying down our debt, now he needs to get results on the field we can't finish 4th or 5th anymore.

20. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  21. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Barreto to Olimpia, I don't think it's such a big deal, I think he is a good keeper, that always chokes on the international stage, I personally think that some of that has to do with how pathetic the Cerrista fans are, they start booing 5 minutes into the game, also because all the pressure they have to win their first international cup, he will not have any of that if he comes to Olimpia, and if he sucks in a game or 2 we send him to the bench and Centurion takes over so no big deal.

22. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Barreto is a good keeper. My whole thing is its crazy and weird how we're getting all these Cerro icons.

Barreto would do better with us. Look at Ivan Torres, he was average at best at Cerro and now he's one of the best midfielders in the league.

23. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Along with Barreto, we just signed Miguel Paniagua too.

Who the hell is next? Julio Dos Santos? These are good players we're getting so I can't complain but it's so bizarre for me to see some many Cerristas joining our team lol

24. KING_TACUARA

KING_TACUARA Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Club:
    Nacional Asuncion
    jajaja olimpia porteño

25. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Siempre Olimpia firmaba jugadores de Cerro esto no es nada nuevo, Enciso, Mauro Caballero, Sotello, Loco Gonazles, por que ahora estamos trayendo mas que nunca? por la ley de extranjeros no se puede traer jugadores de calidad para llenar puestos que necesitan refuerzos, antes siempre ivamos a Uruguay para traer refuerzos.

Y donde hay jugadores buenos y Paraguayos para reforzar el equipo?? en Libertad, que nunca nos venden nada, En Guarani que pide precios Ridiculos, Y los clubes chicos uno trae de ahi y despues terminan no rindiendo quien mas tiene jugadores buenos Cerro y por que se los trajo de ahi? simple Zapag es un inutil el es el unico idiota que dejo escapar a unos jugadores que nos pueden servir a nosotros y los conseguimos casi regalados, Zapag es un chiste hasta hay veces ya da lastima lo incompetente que es.