Panama vs. El Salvador 6-19-2011

Discussion in 'Gold Cup' started by aguimarães, Jun 14, 2011.

1. nfiniti

nfiniti Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Rutherford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Panama
    we've given up 3 scores total in 3 games.. 2 to grenada and 1 to USA...ooh and the penalty to CAN.. i highly doubt we'll give up 3 in 1 game (but then again the ball is round and anything can happen)

2. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    Man the Salvadorians are snatching up tickets in droves, it's below 30,000 tickets sold to close to a sellout today. The sea of blue should be fun to see, and I'm curious to watch who they'll be cheering for in the first match of the day.

3. EAB206BLUES

EAB206BLUES Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You meant we gave two goals up to Guadeloupe :)

I think if we play like we did the first half of the Guadeloupe and USA match but for an entire 90 minutes we will be tough to beat. But I agree with you slaminsams the UNCAF tournament and those results really don't mean a thing this tournament. What I do know and expect is a tough match. Man I am excited!!!!! Viva Panama y Centro America!!!

4. Top Gun

Top Gun New Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Club:
    CD Atletico Balboa

If we put a side the first game with Mexico. Our defense is doing better. We gave up 2 goals in 2 games. We can from our worst to now. Where I think we are a better team. I think our offensive is capable of scoring a lot of goal. We have a very explosive midfield and forwards. If we keep attacking like we should all game don't be surprise. I'm not counting on the 6 goals we scored on Cuba. That game doesn't count. I just think we are very good upfront. LET'S GO SELECTA!

5. Fuera del Area

Jun 27, 2007
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Club:
    Club Deportivo FAS
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    La Selecta has a nasty habit of playing amazing football for one half and then letting the floodgates open. It happened too often in the 2010 qualifiers, and it happened against Mexico two weeks ago. They need to score in the first half in order to have a fighting chance in the end.

6. Jorgito

Jorgito Member

Sep 24, 2008
    Los angeles, CA
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agreed, with you on this one. cuba with all the due respect. was the weakest link.

and, mexico no doubt is the team to beat.

7. Jorgito

Jorgito Member

Sep 24, 2008
    Los angeles, CA
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This one, should be fun, not sure about the score though.

3-1 ES.:)

8. mazizo337

mazizo337 New Member

Aug 4, 2008
    nAZi Land
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I predict Panama 2-1, they have beat El Salvador the last 3 times they have played each other so I am predicting another win for Panama. The last time it was a really close match so it could go either way just like the CR vs Honduras. Good luck to both teams.

9. GonzaMagico

GonzaMagico Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    This will be a excellant game, a tight game. I believe Panama is the favorite because they finished on top of group c. I think emotionally Panama may come out flat after scoring the goal in injury time and top of the group.

El Salvador viene de 'menos a mas' and to be honest during the UNCAF, Panama didn't play this team. Montes was suspended, Fito was not on the team, and Arturo was injuried. The revenage factor, come on Panama fans get over it, that was like three years ago.

My bold prediction, the game will end tie 1 -1 with El Salvador moving on in penaly kicks.

10. BigClos

BigClos Red Card

Jun 6, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    another bunkerfest, first team who score's wins. IMO

11. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Central American affairs aren't 'bunkerfests'...both teams know each other very well so it's going to be a close game. I give advantage to Panama for playing well in the first round. They played well but not enough for us to not believe in our team. The last few games were in Panama and we didn't even have a coach. WE do now. And we finally have Fito back. We are playing in a sea of 60k Salvadorans so it's going to get really exciting. I'm sure our boys will come out ready. I really hope they manage to maintain a high level throughout the game. If we manage to keep the ball moving fast and to feet we will be dangerous. I like our odds. I know Panama is tough. This game is a toss up to me. I'm confident on our attack though. Fito, Cheyo, Arturito should be well up for this. I just hope our defense doesn't let us down. I'm not known for doing predictions but I honestly think we have this game. VAMOS SELECTA! SIEMPRE CON VOS!

12. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I think it is going to be really, really tough for El Salvador to stop both Blas and Tejada.

They are going to have to play their arses off like the Costa Rica match.

13. Top Gun

Top Gun New Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Club:
    CD Atletico Balboa
    HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!
    To everyone who is a dad.

I'm looking forward to a nice 3-1 present today. I'm looking forward to la SELECTA coming to Cali...

14. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought this tourney was supposed to be played in the states... this one looks like it's in San Salvador... :p

15. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Panama saves a PK!

16. JohnBlah123

JohnBlah123 Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Texas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    justice it was never a pk

17. United20

United20 Member

Feb 26, 2001
    New York City
    The ref is clearly favoring El Salvador ... something is wrong here ... even the Univision announcers are disagreeing with the ref's calls against Panama ...

18. JohnBlah123

JohnBlah123 Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Texas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    horrible ref so far. All in favor of el salvador

19. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    screws up again on this goal line dispute goal.

20. nlsanand

nlsanand Member+

May 31, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    he just evened it out big time.

21. trekky76

trekky76 Member

May 31, 2008
    Stockholm
    Very bad ref.. first all in favor of ES and now a goal for Panama when it shouldn't have been! Hmm..

22. nlsanand

nlsanand Member+

May 31, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    what just happened for Perez to get a straight red?

23. JohnBlah123

JohnBlah123 Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Texas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    2 wrongs dont make a right tho

24. Jorgito

Jorgito Member

Sep 24, 2008
    Los angeles, CA
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess. we all know the answer to this.

quezada is not a bad ref. but he looks very unsure in this game.

25. JohnBlah123

JohnBlah123 Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Texas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    :eek: univision showed that it went in