P/I/P: Toronto @ Revs, 8/1

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by dncm, Jul 30, 2015.

1. dncm

dncm Member+

Apr 22, 2003
    Boston
    Last time 1-1 draw.

Status of Tierney?

For Toronto: Bradley out 7-10 days per All-Star game report. Giovinco didn't play as well but anyone have a status? Jozy played 13 minutes but did do the travel.

As a reminder of the Revs' wins:
    1. San Jose - March
    2. Colorado - April
    3. Philly - April
    4. RSL - April
    5. Red Bulls - May
    6. Chicago - June
    7. NYCFC - July

2. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

3. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    These guys will be severely undermanned in Foxboro this weekend. Don't f up your chance at 3 pts revs.

4. MLSFan123

MLSFan123 Member+

Mar 21, 2011
    Boston Area
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like it should be another decent size crowd at Gillette as they just sent out a parking advisory again.

5. Revs in 2010

Revs in 2010 Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Roanoke, VA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Once again putting the lie to any correlation between our quality of play and attendance.

6. SamSam

SamSam Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looking at the standings this is a pretty important game:
    • 11 games left
    • Revs are 6th in the conference on PPG, which is the last "playoff" playoff spot
    • Toronto is 3rd in PPG
    Ngyuen gets suspended after his next yellow

7. RevsRule

RevsRule Member+

NE Revs, LAFC
    Jun 9, 1999
    N. Eastern, Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have tickets for the first time in a while and have two questions for those that go all the time

1) What time is the parking lot open for tailgating? Think I know but just checking

2) What is this parking advisory mean?

Thanks in advance

8. MLSFan123

MLSFan123 Member+

Mar 21, 2011
    Boston Area
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here are the parking rules.
    http://www.revolutionsoccer.net/stadium/parking

The parking advisory is sent out any time they are expecting a large crowd and reminding season ticket holders to bring their parking passes.

9. goussoccer

goussoccer Member+

May 23, 2001
    Avon, CT
    The potential return of Jermaine Jones might be helping....and the idea that Bradley and Altidore could be playing (even though we know Bradley is out).

GOOOO REVS!!!

10. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. REV IT UP

REV IT UP Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Jul 12, 2004
    San Francisco
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hall is starting again! Is Woodberry hurt? Hall is the worst defender i've ever seen...

12. sean'o

sean'o Member

Nov 6, 2013
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    22 mins. in and still can't coordinate an effective shooting attack

13. Revs in 2010

Revs in 2010 Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Roanoke, VA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Way to play yourself out of the Nat's picture, Jozy.

14. a517dogg

a517dogg Member+

Oct 30, 2005
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Solid performance overall. 3 goals from set piece (even the PK was won off a set piece). Nice to see someone defends set pieces worse than we do. We got pulled all out of shape on their goal, plus it was a very nice finish by Osorio.

Jones' long passing is just fantastic. I mean Kobayashi had a very good game, but the second that Jones stepped on the field, we instantly became more dangerous.

Nobody really had a bad game that I can think of. Davies should have had a hattrick (rolled that volley to Bendik). Rowe was fantastic. Diego was very aggressive and kept Jackson pinned back for the most part. Nguyen sometimes held onto the ball too long and slowed down the play; I thought we looked better when the ball was moving fast.

15. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bob and John-boy Kraft were sitting in their box in Rev shirts and having a great time watching the game :)
    Agree about Jones. Truly amazing what happens when he steps on the field. His passing is just spectacular.

16. RevsRule

RevsRule Member+

NE Revs, LAFC
    Jun 9, 1999
    N. Eastern, Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was at the game and Jozy is really nothing special. He did nothing, no shots, not good runs...absolutely NOTHING. Why Klinsmann things otherwise is beyond me. The only thing he did do is try to kick JoGo when JoGo was on the ground and that earned him his red card. The name Lazy Antiscore fits him perfectly

17. huskydeac

huskydeac Member+

Mar 31, 2009
    I mean, apart from having the 3rd best goals/game average in history for a USMNT player, yeah, he hasn't done anything.

He made a ridiculously stupid play today. He's still one of the most consistent US scorers of all time. He's also 25 and could very easily become the all time leading goalscorer in US history.

rkupp repped this.
  18. BERich

BERich Member+

Feb 3, 2012
    New England
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The last couple of games the Revs have played better. During that time JJ has been at practice and sitting on the bench. Gee, I guess the question on who has the most influence over this team has been answered.

I thought Rowe played well last night. My one complaint about him is ....stop arguing with the Refs and focus on your game! He argues with the ref on "every" call. I use to tell my players that they can't argue with the refs for 2 reasons. First. they never change their call and Second, that was my job. What else was I suppose to do on the sideline all game long. :)

Watching Fagundez last night, I was thinking Pirlo. Diego's distribution has gotten much better. I hope that he can get an opportunity to watch Pirlo, now that he's in the MLS, and see how one of the best moves the ball.

TheLostUniversity and Doublecard repped this.
  19. RevsRule

RevsRule Member+

NE Revs, LAFC
    Jun 9, 1999
    N. Eastern, Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A perfect example of how a stat does not tell the whole story. If he's on a team where everybody works to put the ball on his foot... he might score. Take last nights performance.... all I saw him do was take a pass, one or two touches, dump it off. Was never dangerous and I don't think he even registered a shot. Contrast that with Charlie Davies who works his butt off, and is rewarded with two goals. Even though Jozy was not on the field long, Davies totally outplayed him.

If I was Toronto, I would try and trade him and see what I could get for him. Maybe another starter and money? He's carrying a big salary and delivering little for the club..... even if he is carrying some big NAT stat.

20. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just finished watching the game. Rowe was very active perhaps the best game of the season for him. Diego put in another solid shift. Davies out plays his counterpart Altidore who made a stupid attempt to kick JoGo. with the exception of a mental lapse by the D this was almost the perfect game. Kudos to the boys in Blue

21. soccertim

soccertim Member

Mar 29, 2001
    Mass
    He needs to lose enough weight to get some speed back. Then work on that 10 cent head.

22. soccertim

soccertim Member

Mar 29, 2001
    Mass
    I'd guess it means traffic around the stadium has been abysmal before and after the games because the people managing it have shown zero interest in keeping things moving in an orderly fashion.

BrianLBI repped this.
  23. goussoccer

goussoccer Member+

May 23, 2001
    Avon, CT
    Some good flow and ball movement last night --- being up a man for a long period helped. OTOH -- late in the game we seemed to cede a lot of possession -- that was frustrating.

I have always maintained that Jones is a freak --amazing talent.

Jozy is a better talent than some give him credit for, but probably not as great a talent as he thinks he is. He has always been a bit 'brittle' mentally in my IMHO. He needs to get out of his own way - the USMNT could use him at his best.

24. eric_appleby

eric_appleby Member+

Jun 11, 1999
    Down East
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This.

25. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Desperately needed the three points, and thankfully got them.

Three without a loss after that bad streak, and the first bye-week of the season coming up. Get some rest, and add some players..