P/I/P: Revs vs ORL, Sat Sept 2, 7:00pm [R]

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by NFLPatriot, Aug 29, 2017.

1. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    great pass by Nemath! 4-0 Revs goal by Teal

2. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good result over a poor weak opponent

3. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heaps: "Yes!! Burns can't use me as the goat now! I can ride this game for another 5 years.... Winning, duh!"
    Burns: "Yes!! Bobby can't use me as the goat now! I can ride the Jay train for at least another 5 years........Winning, duh!"
    Bobby Kraft: " 4 touchdowns? That Tom Brady is something special. I can ride his arm for at least another 5 years......Winning, duh!"

So much Winning......:rolleyes:

A Casual Fan repped this.
  4. Feldspar

Feldspar Member+

Nov 19, 1998
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Must win, did win. Still, fire Heaps.

Well, a nice result, though honestly, anything less against Orlando tonight would have been very sad. Those guys looked awful - much individual ability, no cohesion. Congrats to Kei on his first ever MLS hat trick, and nice start from Nemeth on his Revs' account.

dncm, RevsLiverpool, TOAzer and 2 others repped this.
  5. RevsRule

RevsRule Member+

NE Revs, LAFC
    Jun 9, 1999
    N. Eastern, Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Too bad we couldn't play Orlando every week. Few complaints here. Except one brief period where the defense got disorganized, it was all Revs. Lee's goal, even though disallowed, shows just how good he is at finishing. A fact that escapes Arena when he picks Nagbe while shunning Lee. Give Lee an inch and he puts it in. Nagbe can't score on an open net.

I liked what I saw from the new guy... looks pretty fast and was a great pass for Teal. Also Caldwell's cross to Kamara was perfect. Tierney didnt hurt us but his crossing seems to have disappeared. He floats them in but IDK, seem too soft and high to have much chance.

Not going to get too high on this one as Orlando has now lost 8 in a row and they had 10 men for a long time. It could be a turning point though. Let's hope

VTSoccerFan, TOAzer and dncm repped this.
  6. dncm

dncm Member+

Apr 22, 2003
    Boston
    Summed up well above. Big win at home to a non-playoff team and has been playing awful and trending worse than than the Revs and who had a player sent off - check.

I did like the free kick play that almost came off in the second half. Made it a point to watch when I got home on DVR, that was pretty close to a legit goal that might have been worked based on how Orlando defend free kicks. Possibly a good scouting job done there.

But the coming Sat-Wed-Sat games will show where this team might be at. Oh, and then they host Toronto at home. 4 tough games coming.

Also interesting will be what Heaps does from a man management perspective regarding starters, etc.

RevsLiverpool repped this.
  7. dncm

dncm Member+

Apr 22, 2003
    Boston
    904162497925701632 is not a valid tweet id

Great stuff - 2 questions:
    1. Can we see these types of numbers against a Playoff Team AND away from home?
    2. Is his contract up at the end of the year? If he is looking to leave on a Free, these are the types of stuff to get him noticed outside MLS for last big payday.

TOAzer repped this.
  8. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure Jay has struck a deal with Lee: "I'll play you, I'll let you play the way you want. Just save my job, baby, then go make some sweet music for Daddy Warbucks FC."

9. revfan11

revfan11 Member

Jul 10, 2001
    That goal from Lee was a staple of his near-MVP season when he had double digit goals. Get him isolated in the box, running at a defender and it's a matter of him finding the gap.

It sure looked good. Had that feeling of uneasiness the longer it was 1-0, but Orlando really lacked fluidity. There was a real urgency to get a 2nd that carried us through.

All credit to Dielna he continues to impress and kept Angoua on track. Both really got in Dwyer's space whenever he received it back to goal. Koffie was solid and a welcome back to Scott and his tenacity. Best defensive performance in recent times.

Enjoyed it but three points is expected at home and still on the fringe of the playoff race. Need wins on the road or all I'm thinking is that the next coach has solid pieces to work with... next season.

dncm repped this.
  10. MM66

MM66 Member+

Mar 9, 2009
    Brookline, MA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Cropper's playing exceptionally well of late. If he keeps it up, he'll start to get some USMNT attention.

Dielna has been a pleasant surprise. He and Anguoa seemed to work well together. Anguoa got the key clearance during that stretch in the first half when Orlando kept getting corner kicks.

I love that Bunbury's using his speed. Should have won a red card in the 2nd half when he raced around the last defender out on the right wing and got hauled down.

Will Heaps stick with a 4-3-3 on the road?

11. Argyle

Argyle Member

Jan 31, 2002
    Plymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone know who the guy on the field in the Kaka jersey was?

12. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, that was Caca. He has been playing in place of Kaka for a good part of this season.

13. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was him. We old retired guys like to play around in the kits we used to wear when we were still actively playing

A Casual Fan and TOAzer repped this.
  14. A Casual Fan

A Casual Fan Member+

Mar 22, 2000
    Don't forget Bilello in that scapegoat chain! He is part of the careful, meticulous, and extensive long term planning and preparation that culminated in this weekend's overwhelming victory.

pwykes, TOAzer and BERich repped this.
  15. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München