P/I/P: Revs @ NYC, Wed May 31st, 7:30p [R]

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by NFLPatriot, May 30, 2017.

1. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. BrianLBI

BrianLBI BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 7, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Tierney needs some rest. :eek:

3. a517dogg

a517dogg Member+

Oct 30, 2005
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Hoping to see Kamara benched.

Agudelo-Nguyen
    Fagundez
    Caldwell-Kouassi
    Koffie
    Rowe-Angoua-Delamea-Farrell
    Cropper

RevsLiverpool repped this.
  4. Steve_R

Steve_R Member

Feb 25, 2001
    Somerville, MA
  5. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are right, I won't lose any sleep over it. But two game seems a bit harsh for what was essentially a shove. He should get 1 game for contact to the head, though.

6. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    pwykes repped this.
  7. Steve_R

Steve_R Member

Feb 25, 2001
    Somerville, MA
    Maybe he can take the time he would have spent sitting on the bench for these next 2 games and set himself up with an infinite loop recording of his goal against the Red Bulls in the ECF 3 years ago to re-learn how to be good at soccer.

2 games is excessive.

8. teskicks

teskicks Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Jan 14, 2002
    Wrentham, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really!

He punched a guy in the back of the head from behind. No place in the game for that. I have no problem with 2 games.

patfan1 and pwykes repped this.
  9. BrianLBI

Sep 7, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would imagine we'll next see Teal in the USOC.

10. Steve_R

Steve_R Member

Feb 25, 2001
    Somerville, MA
    I see it as somewhere between a punch and a shove. He definitely did not wind his arm back and clock him in the head, but his fist may have been closed as he pushed out. Stupid either way, but based on the video it does not seem to be a straight up punch.

Here's something about the game tonight -

SBI is still trying to figure out the 2017 Revs identity. They should ask us for some writing points?

New England Revolution at New York City FC (7:30 p.m. ET, MLS Live)
    We’re still trying to figure out the exact identity of the 2017 Revolution. They took care of business at home against Real Salt Lake and the Crew , but faltered on the road against the New York Red Bulls on Saturday. A midweek win over NYCFC would take the Revs close to the red line before the weekend.

NYCFC opens up a three-game homestand after a rough loss at the hands of Atlanta United. Patrick Vieira’s men sit third in the East heading into the week with a chance to gain ground on the Fire and Toronto. However, NYCFC hasn’t had the best of luck against the Revs, as its only won one of its last five games with Jay Heaps’ men.

11. a517dogg

a517dogg Member+

Oct 30, 2005
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    I have no problem with 2 or 3 games for Bunbury for that slap/push/punch/whatever, even if he was a useful player for us this year. But Perrinelle should have gotten a game, or at least a fine, for the initial elbow to the chest that Bunbury was retaliating for.

12. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well that took all of 18 minutes...1-0 NYCFC

13. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    KAMARA!!!!!!!! 1-1

14. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Down a goal Heaps subs an attacker for an attacker and dmid for dmid.. I know koffie had a yellow but why not koassi for koffie and agudelo for daigo or Scott?

15. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Koassi!!!!! 2-2

16. Revs in 2010

Revs in 2010 Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Roanoke, VA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A few thoughts:

Dear Chris Penso, it would be better if you tried ... to ... like .... actually referee the game, rather than stand there and watch. It was like his "what's a foul meter" was set to 12 on a 1 to 10 scale. He sucked both ways, btw.

Kouassi did his best Kirk Gibson imitation. He definitely gets the heart award for this one.

Kelyn Rowe is not a left back -- on the second goal, he played it onside then committed the own goal. On the first goal he over-tracked back to the goal line, and left his man wide open to score the easy goal.

I thought Delemea and Angoua looked pretty good tonight.

teskicks repped this.
  17. VTSoccerFan

VTSoccerFan Member+

New England Revolution, Vermont Catamounts, NCFC
    United States
    Jun 28, 2002
    Cary, NC
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    870089484557139970 is not a valid tweet id

18. VTSoccerFan

VTSoccerFan Member+

United States
    Jun 28, 2002
    Cary, NC
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. VTSoccerFan

VTSoccerFan Member+

United States
    Jun 28, 2002
    Cary, NC
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    870069642118561792 is not a valid tweet id

20. Cannons

Cannons Member+

May 16, 2005
    #20 Cannons, Jun 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    He was also watching the ball and ignoring his mark... problem was, his mark scored. First goal came from his side too

So another game, another new formation. What happened to the team that was scoring goals left n right a few game ago? Have we now abandoned that alignment? This was a chance to move us above the playoff line and in this game, and the Bulls game, but we only managed one point. Now we face Toronto... good luck getting anything there... unless the Bradley/Jozy call ups help us. Meanwhile there's Philly vs NYC... Philly wins and they jump over us. NYC wins, they move further up. Dropping 5 points over 2 games really, really hurt. Maybe its time for Heaps to roll out a 10-0 formation and play for the point?

21. a517dogg

a517dogg Member+

Oct 30, 2005
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    What an effort by Kouassi. If that doesn't give the team a kick in the rear and get them fired up to work their tails off and get some results, I don't know what will. He literally had one leg, so he scored with his head. Every time Nguyen or Kamara loafs around, a teammate should yell "What Would Xavier Do?"

Pleasantly surprised that Daigo was relatively effective, and that Watson did not play.

Agudelo's offsides call was very close. That would have been great.

Very happy with this point.

22. teskicks

teskicks Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Jan 14, 2002
    Wrentham, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When I saw the starting 11 I was pleasantly surprised. I don't agree with the idea of finding a good set and staying with it. It makes more sense to me to adjust for your opponent to take advantage of their weaknesses or to plan against their strengths. I also thought Heaps was trying to manage his roster given three games in a week. I was glad to see that Watson was on the bench and that Caldwell was back in. I think starting Rowe at left back made sense (didn't turn out well defensively) and he was able to get into the attack better than anyone else has from that position this year.

23. BERich

BERich Member+

Feb 3, 2012
    New England
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope Kouassi is not seriously hurt, he sure showed what it means to give 100%.

On the other hand, I'm tired of watching Lee Nguyen fall on the ground and roll around every time he loses the ball. He acts like he's a superstar and that he should get every call when someone bumps him. A.) Your not a superstar, and B.) Get up and play some defense. I'm not sure if Paul's comment about not everybody on the team is on the same page pressing high, was directed at any one individual; but I suspect it was probably about 1 of our forwards.

fundip, teskicks and Revs in 2010 repped this.
  24. Revs in 2010

Revs in 2010 Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Roanoke, VA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Totally agree. He wins major props for professionalism and heart.n That was a classic sports moment (too bad none of the local sports news outlets highlighted it).

I totally agree, again. Not just roll around, but stay down for 30 seconds trying to evoke the referee's sympathy, while the play passes him by. In Penso's case, it seemed like a counterproductive behavior -- note that Villa got no extra foul calls for his dramatic rollings-around (and he fulfills your A above!).

I thought that Paul's comment was directed at Nguyen, as it came just after Kamara did the "move up" gesture toward Lee during a high press.

BERich repped this.
  25. BrianLBI

Sep 7, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought it was a pretty gritty point, and certainly a better performance than Saturday. I thought the Tierney for Farrell sub was an interesting choice by Heaps. Tierney immediately delivered a decent ball into the box - maybe signalling to NYC that they had to pay more attention to him than they do to Andrew.

It wasn't until I saw the highlights that I saw how delightful Rowe's cross was on that second goal.

Which team will show up Saturday?