P / I P Revs @ Cbus 6/24

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by RevsLiverpool, Jun 23, 2015.

1. dncm

dncm Member+

Apr 22, 2003
    Boston
    If you read back through all my threads, this was always something that I said was happening - I saw it that first home game last year when Jones basically "fixed" Soares, Farrell, and JoGo all in one game (something Heaps had not been able to do on the practice field)

The problem is there is no one else BESIDES Jones with that type of stature and respect in the team.

That is why you go and get more than 1 type of player like that. I don't mean go spend crazy money or get some over the hill veteran. Scout and bring in a personality with the clout and skill to back it up - and help lead and mentor these guys. That way if Jones is missing or injured - there are others to keep that level high.

Now we have a huge stigma - everyone knew it last year (hence why Heaps was not even a candidate for coach of the year) and everyone knows it again this year. The Revs are not that good without Jones - even though they added Agudelo.

Those that were touting Heaps as the mastermind of how well the Revs play, should also be the first on these boards asking questions of Heaps now (forget the FO stuff for bringing in players - everyone knows we are not deep).

But, it is the players who should also be questioned - they will make their own futures and relying on Jones to play with confidence and swagger is why there are minimal Revs considered for Nats and MLS All-stars.