P/I/P Philly @ Revs, 8/11/2018, 7:30pm [R]

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by dncm, Aug 7, 2018.

1. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL!

Maybe more people will come if they think the Galaxy are in town again....

3. VTSoccerFan

VTSoccerFan Member+

New England Revolution, Vermont Catamounts, NCFC
    United States
    Jun 28, 2002
    Cary, NC
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course, the unreasonably long time between announcement and game availability is just a precursor to the subsequent adductor strain and six weeks of recovery prior to the playoffs, I mean next season. :)

RevsLiverpool repped this.
  4. dncm

dncm Member+

Apr 22, 2003
    Boston
    Ha, if you look at the comments - someone asks if they are trying to scam and why don't they just retweet correctly.

Then below I notice they have another typo with a correction tweet regarding their home schedule..

What is going on over there?

5. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They're hammered - off koolaid

6. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This game today is not literally a "must win"....... but it sure feels like it.

8. dncm

dncm Member+

Apr 22, 2003
    Boston
    Rain, rain - go away, come back anoth......

Ahh, who am I kidding? Cursed I tell you. Cursed.

9. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rain is the sky weeping for us, as the Revs travel the Via Lacrimosa.

10. Feldspar

Feldspar Member+

Nov 19, 1998
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Brad and Paul get a bonus every time they say that an opposing goal came "against the run of play." Not that it isn't the case sometimes, but good gosh, they go to it every time.

11. rkane1226

rkane1226 Member+

Apr 9, 2000
    Club:
    Stade Brestois 29
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting Feldman comment about Somi and Dielna not dressed or on the bench... What’s up there?

12. sean'o

sean'o Member

Nov 6, 2013
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    It’d be lamentable, if the Revs poor quality of team play were not so predictable...

TOAzer repped this.
  13. tsb11

tsb11 Member+

United States
    May 31, 2018
    Man...

How many bouncing balls in the philadelphia 6
    How many quality chances did revs attackers fail to puton net
    And how long am i going to complain about our cb before anchange gets made

14. eric_appleby

eric_appleby Member+

Jun 11, 1999
    Down East
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What was Delamea thinking? He deliberately raised his arm and batted the ball away. I've never seen anything like that. Maybe the Pats should give him a try out.

15. Revs in 2010

Revs in 2010 Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Roanoke, VA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bad combination -- the gang who couldn't shoot straight + the back 4 who can't defend set pieces. Ugh.

16. Feldspar

Feldspar Member+

Nov 19, 1998
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. sean'o

sean'o Member

Nov 6, 2013
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    The silence, now 2 hrs. after game over. is deafening and telling.

pwykes and TOAzer repped this.
  18. tsb11

tsb11 Member+

United States
    May 31, 2018
    I think its just the center backs. I thought farrell and bye were solid all game, including on set pieces

19. mefster

mefster Member

Jul 31, 2007
    East Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If this was hockey, Zahibo would be -1. He let Elliott run by him twice and then got one back for us.

20. Mike Marshall

Mike Marshall Member+

Feb 16, 2000
    Woburn, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, as a long-time Revs fan, where the heck am I supposed to find sources of hope these days?

Despite what Jorge Mas says, there's no discernible signs of progress in regards to getting a new stadium built. I'm not sure why Revs fans would have any faith that Brian Bilello has the ability to close such a deal.

The academy teams are being embarrassed on a routine basis by their peers. They haven't produced a single player of note in years.

Brad Friedel is a rookie head coach who just admitted he spent all week working on how to defend set pieces following a game in which his team conceded three set piece goals. And while his teams had some success early on, the rest of the league has arguably caught up to what he's doing and he has yet to show that his team can play a variety of ways or that they can consistently impose their will on other teams.

And then there's Mike Burns. The guy's been around since the end of the Steve Nicol Era, and he's continually failed up. The same garbage that we've been complaining about for years - empty roster spots, failed international signings, failing to get deals "over the line" in the summer, lack of overall urgency - is practically a tradition at this point. That can't be the fault of Nicol, Heaps, or Friedel for it. He's been criticized by player agents and opposing GMs alike. His record is mediocre at best, and no one seems to care. He's the Teflon GM. His time has come. His continued employment is a slap in the face of every Revs fan that wants to see the club succeed.

But most discouraging of all is the growing sense that ownership - perhaps drunk with their own success in their other sports venture - honestly feels that they don't have to act like other successful MLS clubs in order to achieve similar success. Do they honestly feel as if they know better than everyone else because they have five Lombardi Trophies? Or maybe they feel like they're in over their heads, so they're scared to make any sort of changes to upper management for fear of making things worse?

See? As a Revs fan, I'm not even exactly sure who I should be pissed at most or exactly why I should be pissed at them, because ownership can't be friggin' bothered to communicate or explain anything to their own damn customers, and when management speaks, they don't say anything.

It's maddening. And it's why I don't blame anyone who's turned their back on the franchise.

21. mefster

mefster Member

Jul 31, 2007
    East Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    On the bright side...it didn't rain on us! PS: What the hell is a "unified" team? I was too disgusted to stick around and find out...

22. asctester

asctester Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Apr 2, 2018
    Witch City, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very disappointing. I know they are not mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, but it feels like they are psychologically eliminated at this point.

NFLPatriot repped this.
  23. mefster

mefster Member

Jul 31, 2007
    East Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Is there any correlation in how we do when Brad wears his suit and how we do when he wears his warm-ups? If Mancienne doesn't turn out to be Jermaine Jones-like then maybe we can resort to some mojo adjustments...

24. tsb11

tsb11 Member+

United States
    May 31, 2018
    I just went back and rewatched the first half. Its definitely zahibo on the 1st one, might have been bye on the 2nd one. Either way, the announcers are going on about the 1v2 and 2v3 off the corner, and sure that needs improvement. But in both instances the defender in the box is ball watching, and his man just beats him ti the spot (in addition to an unlucky bounce off turner's back). Its just mind numbing, especially because zahibo had the exact same thing happen in the 2 games prior! Why is he still getting run out?

I also need to give credit where credit is due. I've been riding the center backs (for good reason) and anibaba made a great pass in the run up to the 1st goal. Absolute beauty of a diagonal ball that leads to a goal, so kudos to him for that

25. Doublecard

Doublecard Guest

I just watched this movie on Hulu, called Eight Men Out, about a team that intentionally through the World Series. And then I watch the Revs play...

It's like, literally, the defense meets up before the game and asks, "Ok, how do we lose this one?"

Everyone: "Set pieces."

"Sounds like a plan--dammit, Farrell, you scored!"

Farrell: "Sorry!"

Delamea: "It's ok, I got this."

I'm not going to watch a team that won't compete. I won't. I'm going back to hibernation, and waiting for the train wreck. I have no reason to watch a team that won't compete. I have no reason to invest myself in a team who's performance like this is considered "over-achieving" by ownership. Fire ********* Burns and get rid of the whole backline. Mancienne, ONE PLAYER, is not going to change that whole disaster.

TOAzer repped this.