P/I/P NER @ CAR, Wed Jun 15, 7:30p ET (USOC)

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by NFLPatriot, Jun 8, 2016.

1. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Railhawks have an away game, at Indy Eleven, Saturday night (June 11th).

CAR is in 5th out of 11 NASL teams at 4-3-2 (14 pts) 10 GF, 9 GA.

They played to a 0-0 draw with Jacksonville last Saturday.

Their leading goal scorer is left midfielder Austin De Luz (with 3 in 8 NASL games), former first round SuperDraft pick of the Red Bulls.

In their previous Open Cup match against Charlotte, they played a 4-2-3-1, with Brian Shriver (2 goals this season) as the lone striker.

They went up a man in the 29th minute when Jun Marques Davidson saw red card for Charlotte.

Despite the man advantage, they played to 0-0 in regulation.

CAR then scored 5 times in AET for the win.

Substitute Billy Schuler (for De Luz) came on in the 85th minute, and found the net two minutes into overtime, and again at the 115 mark. A-Mid Nazmi Albadawi (96'), Shriver (99'), and substitute Jonathan Orlando (109') also scored.

Their top GK, Akira Fitzgerald, was with NYCFC in pre-season last year before returning to Carolina. He has allowed only 4 goals in 6 games this season.

revolution1776 repped this.
  2. Feldspar

Feldspar Member+

Nov 19, 1998
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we start with less than an A team (perhaps with the merest sprinkling of youth) it'd be a crime. I want Kei to rack up a bunch of goals, just to make sure he gets off the schneid.

3. Steve_R

Steve_R Member

Feb 25, 2001
    Somerville, MA
    I worry that the game at Vancouver on Saturday is going to throw a wrench into the works of playing a strong starting 11. Fortunately some of the role players have gotten decent MLS minutes earlier this season so that might help balance it out. I expect we'll see Herivaux, Samba, Smith, Femi and Kobayashi getting starts.

Looking ahead a bit, will the team travel back from Carolina Wed. night or Thursday morning then turn around to go out to Vancouver on Friday morning to get a training session in out there before the game on Saturday? I'm curious to see how they'll manage it.

Having Kei in the mix to hopefully bag a few goals would be a good idea.

4. BrianLBI

BrianLBI BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 7, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if the time off means we'll see some of the regular players, particularly "up the spine": Bobby,
    Goncalves, Koffee (is he fit?) or Caldwell, Nguyen

For reference, last year:

5. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BrianLBI repped this.
  6. VTSoccerFan

VTSoccerFan Member+

New England Revolution, Vermont Catamounts, NCFC
    United States
    Jun 28, 2002
    Cary, NC
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Current weather forecast for next Wednesday: High 98, Low 74, 53% humidity. If this holds, then I would imagine it will be 88 or better around kickoff at 7pm.

FWIW, I see the Railhawks as rather toothless. I cannot figure out how they can hurt the Revs (jinx?). After starting the season well, they have scored one goal in their last 5 NASL games. The USOC game was 0-0 after 90 as well and the Independence was down a man for 60 minutes. Charlotte gave up/tired out/lost hope after the first goal in AET.

7. Steve_R

Steve_R Member

Feb 25, 2001
    Somerville, MA
  8. BrianLBI

Sep 7, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he plays again on Sunday, I kinda doubt we'll see him against the Revolution.

9. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. BrianLBI

Sep 7, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tee up the football Lucy - I'm gonna kick it this year, I can feel it!

12. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. VTSoccerFan

VTSoccerFan Member+

United States
    Jun 28, 2002
    Cary, NC
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. Feldspar

Feldspar Member+

Nov 19, 1998
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. VTSoccerFan

VTSoccerFan Member+

United States
    Jun 28, 2002
    Cary, NC
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Indy11 won the NASL spring season and will give the Fire a good game on Wednesday in the Peter Wilt bowl. The Railhawks came in 7 out of 11, scoring 11 goals in 10 games, finishing with a -2 goal differential. They started the spring season 4-0-0 scoring 9 goals in four games, then fell apart. I did not follow closely enough to know if something happened that changed their fortunes, but I have seen a few games and feel the record is an accurate representation of their ability as a team. Nothing about this team scares an opponent.

The Railhawks are improving a lot off the field since they were purchased by a local owner, but they still have a ways to go on the field. Given the top potential of the Railhawks and the Revs depth, this should be a good match up for the Revs. The Revs should avoid walking on to the field thinking that the game is won. Additionally, they should avoid putting out 11 players who have never played together before (a continuity/familiarity issue) as that would be a great equalizer.

16. Feldspar

Feldspar Member+

Nov 19, 1998
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Amen. I hope Heaps is of the same mind.

17. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    Any word on a stream?

18. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.carolinarailhawks.com/ne...na-railhawks-ready-for-new-england-revolution

19. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    US Open Cup 2016 Fourth Round Preview: 12 MLS teams in action on Wednesday
    MLSsoccer staff
    Jun 14, 2016

20. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

U.S. Open Cup Preview: Revs head south for fourth-round meeting with RailHawks

June 14, 2016, 10:25 AM EDT
    Jeff Lemieux

21. VTSoccerFan

VTSoccerFan Member+

United States
    Jun 28, 2002
    Cary, NC
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Today's forecast is cooler than predicted last week, but more humid. Should be about 80 degrees at game time and close to 80% humidity. Thunderstorms on the forecast all night after 5PM, but most likely around game time.

I have a feeling we will get to see McCrary, Smith, and Barnes tonight as they have local ties. Kind of hoping that both teams offer Wells Thompson a one day contract and he can play one half for each team. Also, hoping to see one time Revs target Marvin Ceballos get on the field for the Railhawks, but he has only played about 45 minutes this year so it is unlikely.

22. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :laugh:

This isn't a friendly though, so he'd be Cup tied once he played for one side. But it's the thought that counts...

23. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Railhawks are hosting West Ham in their North American tour. Ticket prices were REALLY high for a club like West Ham, and I gather sales went poorly. The team sent out an email offering a ticket to tonight's game and the West Ham game for $40. (In the cheap seats, but in a place this small, there aren't any really BAD seats.) So I got a pair for me and my daughter. Because of that deal, expect at least the cheap seats to be full.

My ticket says 7:30, not 7. I'll be sure to double check. Around here, in the summer, it's pretty common for there to be heavy, brief thundershowers as the sun goes down. My phone has evening hours at 40% or 50% chance.

If the weather isn't too shitty I'll be going. I'll give y'all a report when I get back.

EDIT: The Railhawks' website confirms it's 7:30. @VTSoccerFan

VTSoccerFan and SamSam repped this.
  24. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    What would a Revs USOC game be without thunderstorm warnings ...

25. VTSoccerFan

VTSoccerFan Member+

United States
    Jun 28, 2002
    Cary, NC
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup, I think they changed the time a day or so after I posted. Thanks for the update.