P/I/P: Match 7, Atlanta @ Revs, 4/13, 7:30PM (ET) [R]

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by patfan1, Apr 10, 2019.

1. asctester

asctester Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Apr 2, 2018
    Witch City, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really thought the team was going to show an improvement from last year. Clearly that is not the case. It looks like it is going to be a long year. I don't see how it will turn around, but i will continue to hope for some improvement. If it gets too bad for me, I will just stop watching.

The negativity here in this forum is off the charts. If it makes you so angry and upset to watch the Revs, stop watching. If LAFC is your ideal of how football should be played, then go watch LAFC. I am sure their forum will welcome you.

rkupp and LD42 repped this.
  2. rkane1226

rkane1226 Member+

Apr 9, 2000
    Club:
    Stade Brestois 29
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, I think 4 teams in the West have a poorer PPG stat. They'll probably be getting raises.

3. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm having a realllllllllllly hard time trying not to really respond to this shit...

4. MM66

MM66 Member+

Mar 9, 2009
    Brookline, MA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    How are people supposed to be upbeat about an awful team?

A Casual Fan, RevFan, Doublecard and 2 others repped this.
  5. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Member+

Apr 25, 2000
    SE Mass
    The score made it look much closer than the game really was. We should have lost 5-0 or 6-0, and probably would have if Caldwell and Anibaba had been red carded, as they both should have been. We could have played another 8 halves and would never have scored.

It's a fair question, I suppose; I have asked myself the same thing. Watching that game was like a 90' rectal exam, so why watch? Speaking only for myself, I feel like if I stop watching, I won't ever go back. I wouldn't support another MLS team. I would probably just stop watching professional soccer altogether, and I'm not ready to turn away from a whole era of my life. Yet.

The schedule has us home against NYRB, Montreal, then away to SKC and Philly. How many points for in that set?

Not only are we not making the play-offs this year, we look like we are years from making the play-offs and heading in the wrong direction. So as Mike M. implies, what is required to change this?

CynicRev, TOAzer and pwykes repped this.
  6. Cannons

Cannons Member+

May 16, 2005
    #31 Cannons, Apr 14, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    Dont hold back. What the Revs and BF are rolling out as a team is pure crap and unacceptable. We should NOT have to be happy about it and accept it. Nothing will ever change as long as the Rev management thinks they can call this soccer and people will accept it.

I think we're a game or two away from the beginning of the fire Friedel threads. Even Heaps won the home games. BF cant even do that. Hell, we're lucky to get a shot.

PS - LAFC is a pleasure to watch. How can a somewhat new team (2 ys old I think) get so strong, so fast? Ans - they have a real coach and a management that buys real players. We have neither

goussoccer and TOAzer repped this.
  7. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I read somewhere, 9-7-5 at home under Friedel.

8. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't you know that the Revs always got the short straw on these calls? Everything is against us!

Can't wait for Burns' next promotion! He's been so successful the past few years. I mean, not that he's actually doing anything ... as Bob keeps saying.

Jon Martin and pwykes repped this.
  9. Cannons

Cannons Member+

May 16, 2005
    Not this year so far... dead last in the East

10. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Obviously this stat is overall.

11. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It'd be fascinating do see the dual Asctesters, Primeiro e Segundo, hashing out their quarrel on some broken cement bench, flask of cheap port in hand being passed back and forth as each take turn declaiming the madness of the other.

For myself, Primeiro is clearly the Dr. Jekyll...whereas Segundo is definitely Mr. Hyde. ;)

A Casual Fan, Dr. Sneezy and ktsd repped this.
  12. eric_appleby

eric_appleby Member+

Jun 11, 1999
    Down East
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Atlanta beat us at our own game, physical, up tempo. Which makes me wonder why Zahibo was out there. Hasn't Friedel figured out he's not going to put in the work by now?
    Friedel is strongly in the running for worst coach in team history. But I don't think a Guardiola, Zidane, whoever, could make winners out of this roster. It gave me a feeling of melancholy watching former Revo greats outclass our mediocrities. I'm still waiting for Jose Caicedo to do something, anything on the field of play. This guy is literally a ghost.

13. eric_appleby

eric_appleby Member+

Jun 11, 1999
    Down East
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As Jon Martin said, if I stop watching now, i'm never going back. So, I soldier on. I enjoy watching Carles Gil. Even he looked pedestrian last night.

But any pretense that the Krafts are running this organization as a competitive sports team is dead.

A Casual Fan, TOAzer, Doublecard and 3 others repped this.
  14. Feldspar

Feldspar Member+

Nov 19, 1998
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His only competition are Big Frank and Walter Zenga. It shouldn’t be hard to surpass either of them in this day and age, with the resources available, even under the Krafts. That he’s struggling to do so is not a good look.

15. RevsRule

RevsRule Member+

NE Revs, LAFC
    Jun 9, 1999
    N. Eastern, Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe goalies dont make good coaches?. This is a career move for Friedel. If he continues to bomb here and ends up getting fired? Where will his next gig be? Not much of a resume... "Coached the Revs to a dead last Position, never made the playoffs"

a517dogg and TOAzer repped this.
  16. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Arena had significant spells where he was a very good coach [say at Virginia, the USMNT 1999-2005, Galaxy 2012 to 2016 ], although interspersed with a year or two of incredible crapitude. But then he wasn't a very good keeper, so maybe that's what saved him.....;) ?

17. rkane1226

rkane1226 Member+

Apr 9, 2000
    Club:
    Stade Brestois 29
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Things are going to have to get a lot worse for Friedel to get fired. He works for Kraft, Biello and Burns...

18. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heck, he hasn't even had a whiff of the Orchids yet...........

19. Mike Marshall

Mike Marshall Member+

Feb 16, 2000
    Woburn, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't like driving to Foxboro for a match. What makes you think I want to go to LA?

FWIW, the song doesn't go "New England 'til they make me mad".

Although, I am thinking about starting to sing "New England 'til they kill me".

20. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It kills to be loyal to the Revs. After all, that loyalty is rewarded pretty much in the way ol' [Kill] Bill rewarded The Bride for her loyalty.

21. Mike Marshall

Mike Marshall Member+

Feb 16, 2000
    Woburn, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thinking out loud...

...if the Supporters' Groups were to issue a joint statement calling for the removal of Bilello and/or Burns and/or Friedel, is there any chance that would garner enough media attention to force Bob Krafts' hand?

TOAzer repped this.
  22. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Member+

Apr 25, 2000
    SE Mass
    Do the supporters groups have any ties to the national media? That would seem to be the pressure point.

23. Mike Marshall

Mike Marshall Member+

Feb 16, 2000
    Woburn, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't think it would be too difficult to get Taylor Twellman's attention.

24. Feldspar

Feldspar Member+

Nov 19, 1998
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. Other than him, though...?

TOAzer repped this.
  25. Mike Marshall

Mike Marshall Member+