P/I/P: Match 6, Revs @ CMB, 4/6, 7:30PM (ET) [R]

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by NFLPatriot, Apr 5, 2019.

1. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Sachem07

Sachem07 Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Quincy
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Interesting analysis.
    We seemed Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreved up for tonights game.

4. Sachem07

Sachem07 Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Quincy
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Sorry for the double post, don't want this to go over 500 posts and have to start a part 2... but any thoughts on streaming links? reddit soccer streaming seems to be down lately for mls games

5. tsb11

tsb11 Member+

United States
    May 31, 2018
    Ill be watching it on nbc sports app

After 24 hours the replay will go up on espn+

6. swedust

swedust Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    The measure Brad set for himself was that, when he arrived, he didn't have "his squad."

There have surely been some ugly passages in his second season, but at least (and I do mean least) he made changes and showed some flexibility last match.

Not climbing on a bandwagon, but I am actually interested in his chosen XI and any consistency they do -- or do not -- display.

**exhales bong hit **

7. swedust

swedust Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    According to Revs twitter, lineup is:

Cropper
    Farrell
    Anibaba
    Mancienne
    JF Caicedo
    Caldwell
    Bye
    Jones
    Gil
    Bunbury
    Agudelo

EDIT -- so who is left back? Is this a 3-5-2?

8. sean'o

sean'o Member

Nov 6, 2013
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    This team literally does not know how to score! In the 18 they repeatedly fail to combine and they do not show that they know how to turn the ball and shoot anywhere near the 6! Same old!

9. Revs in 2010

Revs in 2010 Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Roanoke, VA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Major league soccer, Minor league refs tonight. Not only do the AR and ref miss it, but was the VAR guy's walkie-talkie not working? How the hell does that goal stand? Also, if it wasn't a cardable offense, it seemed like it wasn't a foul tonight. Hard to say this, but we deserved a point tonight, even if we couldn't have scored had the game gone 24 hours.

10. RevsRule

RevsRule Member+

NE Revs, LAFC
    Jun 9, 1999
    N. Eastern, Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My summary:

No shots = no goals = we lose. What did we have 1 shot? In the final 1/3 we have nothing

tsb11 repped this.
  11. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "We Huff, We Puff, we blow our own House Down!".... From Childhood Tales Told by a Revolutionary Idiot.

12. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Member+

Apr 25, 2000
    SE Mass
    Whatever.

It's not like the schedule is going to get easier.

Is this mystery DP going to show up? If not, it could be a long year.

13. pwykes

pwykes Member

Apr 18, 1999
    Auburn, MA
    I don’t know how they expect to score goals with Agudelo and Bunbury in the starting line up.

Doublecard, rkane1226 and RevsLiverpool repped this.
  14. tsb11

tsb11 Member+

United States
    May 31, 2018
    Quality in the final 3rd remains elusive. Bad passes, poor timing on runs, shots that missed so badly they resulted in columbus throw (l caicedo and bunbury each had 1). You hear paul go on and on about just forcing crosses into the box, but who is really going to win a duel? 0 aerial presence on the team, which is why they concede so many from set pieces.

Goals wont start coming until:
    1) teams open up and let the revs attack on the break
    2) the revs play more technical lineups/sign players that can work the ball into the box against a set defense
    3) the revs play a more physical lineup/sign players who can get their head on a cross

swedust repped this.
  15. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [1] So the Revs need to sign a player like Khano Smith and Wells Thompson?
    [2] So the Revs need to sign players like Dempsey and Twellman and Ralston and Noonan?
    [3] So the Revs need to sign players like Joseph and Lawrentowicz?

Stevie Nicol's Ye Olde Tyme Soccer Emporium has some quality merchandise for ya.........;)

16. swedust

swedust Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    a Wells T. shout out -- damn

BrianLBI repped this.
  17. eric_appleby

eric_appleby Member+

Jun 11, 1999
    Down East
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Revo deserved a point. They carried the play most of the game. But something is wrong when Anibaba is our main scoring threat. Agudelo looks to have lost a step, or 3 or 4. Why on earth did Burns re-sign him, for more money?

I hope Caicedo 2 steps up, but early returns are discouraging.

18. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Member+

Apr 25, 2000
    SE Mass
    4/13 - Atlanta
    4/20 - NYRB
    4/24 - Montreal
    4/27 - SKC

There's a very real chance that after ~30% of the games are played, we could have a total of four points.

19. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, Atlanta is really misfiring. NYRB don't look the same as last year. Montreal is not so far from us. I could see us getting, say, four points out of these games.....
    Remember, BB and MB put a premium on yanking the chains of the Rev faithful until the last 4 or so matches. Toast in May is not acceptable to them. They prefer September Toast.......

20. rkane1226

rkane1226 Member+

Apr 9, 2000
    Club:
    Stade Brestois 29
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought the Columbus goal was offside while watching it. But there wasn’t much discussion of it by our crack announcers. BF mentioned it post game and I agree with him. But I’d challenge the foremost “hard work” coach in American sports to get himself, his assistants, and his squad into a room and work hard to come up with a hard work approach that will put the ball in the back of the net a few times. This is not a clean sheet defense. If you want to win, you have to score.

On a different note, I enjoyed Brad Feldman stating that he turns down the sound on (I think it was) Spanish games so he can listen to the crowd. A minute or so later he realized how ridiculous that was and amended it to “I turn down the announcers so I can listen to the crowd noise...”. Can someone walk me through the steps to do that on REV telecasts?

21. RevsRule

RevsRule Member+

NE Revs, LAFC
    Jun 9, 1999
    N. Eastern, Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Runs a lot deeper than just that. I agree with Bunbury, maybe as a sub for depth but he was outside (still not a fan). The real issue is service. There is none. Not like Juan and whoever are missing a lot of chances.... there are none to miss. I dont want to beat a dead horse but we have had no AM since "he who shall not be named" headed west. His anointed replacement isnt even playing these days and couldn't carry his jock anyways.

We heed serious help yesterday!!!

TOAzer repped this.
  22. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yesterday, all Rev troubles seemed so far away. Oh I believe in Yesterday.....:)

23. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please, please, please! If you can show me this ancient Chinese secret I will pay cold, hard cash! This would be GOLD for well, pretty much any sports broadcast.

And I actually don't mind the Spanish announcers--probably because I can only understand a fraction of what they are saying!

24. ktsd

ktsd Member

Jul 20, 1999
    Bethel, CT, USA
    Explore your 'Alternate Audio' settings on your system. I get English on the Univision broadcasts, if I care to hear it. Spanish is often available for English broadcasts. Dunno if there's an option in MLSLive/ESPN+ or what what.

25. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    I thought they played an excellent road game and really deserved at least a point. That said, yeah, the offense was pretty anemic - Steffen had to make another incredible save to deny Anibaba, but that was the only thing to trouble him. A couple of crosses in the box looked somewhat dangerous, but no one really stepped up to meet them.

It was telling that Juan Caicedo had so few touches.

I am beyond frustrated with Agudelo - while he's doing a decent job at holding the ball, he never looks to goal. I doubt he even had any shots, let alone a shot on goal.

Refereeing was very inconsistent. Mancienne's first yellow was pretty soft, in fact maybe not even a foul. The 2nd could have easily been a straight red, so same difference. If he thought Higuain would be intimidated and pull off that ball, I guess he was wrong! It's a shame he'll have to miss next game, as the defense has shown signs of coming together the last couple of games.