P/I/P, Match 32: Revs @POR, 9/25/2019 10:30pm ET

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by NFLPatriot, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Revs in 2010

Revs in 2010 Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Roanoke, VA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This, exactly. The replay pretty clearly showed that Marrufo had looked away before the foul. The A/R should probably have seen it. We don't get to complain about refereeing is this one -- the shirt tug didn't look "Clear and obvious" to me -- it was definitely a shirt pull and a foul by the letter of the law, but there are several of those at once on every ball into the box (kind of like holding in the NFL, you call the one that you see).

That said, a draw felt like the right result. Each team had it's 10 minutes of sh!t play, surrounded by 80 pretty good minutes.

2. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One of the few stadiums I've not been to, and it looked like an amazing atmosphere. So yes, I did indeed. We had about 10 Revs fans, 4 that actually traveled, rest that live on the WC.

Jon Martin, MM66, Feldspar and 2 others repped this.
  3. Feldspar

Feldspar Member+

Nov 19, 1998
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There’s no bad reason to go to Portland, nor to attend a Timbers match. Great experience.

4. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    And, you got to witness "Timber Joe" or whatever he's called.

Sounds like the Timber fans were about as livid as we would have been about the ending!
    Agree. I got out there about a year ago and really enjoyed it.

5. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The comments at the bar post-game were hilarious (in my opinion), but thankfully nothing got personal. I think if this were a rival, that could have been different.

My favorite one was flying back home on Friday morning, and the gate agent as I'm about to head to the plane smiles at me, but still says "You know you stole that one right? I just want to make sure."

I laughed walking away and said "Yep, but we'll take the point home with us."

6. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    We've been on the other side of things like that more times than I can remember, so sorry/not sorry.

7. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This.

The thing is, the ones we remember the most are when we get hosed, and not the other way around! Like the 3 points (or at the very least, one) that we would have if we didn't have to play a man down for 81 minutes in the Bronx a few weeks back!

8. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Member+

Apr 25, 2000
    SE Mass
    The difference was that the call against the Portland CB was a clear pen.

9. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    Yes, the way it is called these days.

I'd rather that the attacking player be required to 'attempt to play through' (*); there's too much playing for the call in the penalty area.

* clearly needs defining

BERich repped this.