P/I/P Game 32: L.A. Galaxy vs RSL, SATURDAY 9/30/17, 7:30pm PT

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by L.A. Native, Sep 28, 2017.

1. JPAR

JPAR Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    This is a season full of excuses! I'm done hearing them. We, as fans, deserve better then two home wins in an entire year.

shelbo, 7E23 and TheHoustonHoyaFan repped this.
  2. rtdavide

rtdavide Member+

Apr 20, 2005
    Whittier, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can say at least we were better in these last few games... ties are better than losses. but this game just makes me sick. to be that close and give up the three points after being up for so long.... up both a man and a goal, it just sort of puts an exclamation point on our status right now.

3. Beakmon FC

Beakmon FC Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Jan 10, 2002
    The OC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Concur.

I couldn't really get too angry. Might as well purge all that crap this season.

Considering the current state of the team, I though it was a pretty decent crowd on Saturday night.

TrickHog repped this.
  4. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are lacking motivation at this point and I suspect the players are too. However, they are playing for their jobs. At least some of them are. The DPs maybe not so much, and as such, bit of lazy defending from all three.

5. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got nothing.

Please let this season be over.

Oh, wait. Here's a tin foil hat Slum Jose-type theory: MLS instructed us to tank the season so LAFC can get off to a good start.

StillKickin, hav77 and TrickHog repped this.
  6. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My thoughts as well.

7. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RSL had other chances. They had the first two SOGs in the match, forcing Diop to make two saves in the first 5 minutes . They also had two good chances after we scored the first goal but squandered them with bad decision-making. There are concrete positives, though: we created chances consistently in this match, which hasn't been happening before.

But we're pretty one-dimensional. Everything comes from a through ball from deep CM. When is the last time an outside back put a cross in for this team?

TrickHog repped this.
  8. TheHoustonHoyaFan

Oct 14, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LA also had other chances not shown in the highlights and those chances were again better than RSL's. LA also had other chances squandered by poor decisions. Examples:

RSL 2:13 On a set piece where Cole dives low and heads the ball up and back towards the LA far post where it is almost pounced on by Glad with Diop making a great save.

LA 7:55 Jona with a great chip over the top to BJIV who is a yard open. Rimando charges and BJIV chips it over Rimando but just wide.

I agree that the FBs are not good at swinging in crosses but frankly LA does not have a front line that is good at scoring off crosses!

Geneva repped this.
  9. wcmanes

wcmanes Member

May 28, 1999
    Riverside, Ca, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYP

TrickHog, skydog, JPAR and 1 other person repped this.
  10. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    FYFYP

JPAR, 7E23, The Cadaver and 1 other person repped this.