P/I/P Game 30: L.A. Galaxy @ SKC, SUNDAY 9/24/17, 11am PT

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by L.A. Native, Sep 22, 2017.

1. wcmanes

wcmanes Member

May 28, 1999
    Riverside, Ca, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chris Albright is a much better comparison for Zardes to RB than Zusi. Chrissy was originally an attacker/winger who couldn't find a scoring touch and ended up being a fine attacking RB and MLS Best 11 for us. If Zardes could reach that level...

2. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's not how it works. For example, Jack McBean signed a new contract and is still HG.

It's purely a function of whether they're on the off-budget roster. It might make sense to move a HG to your senior roster even if they hadn't signed a new contract or a HG player might sign a new contract and remain on the off-budget roster. There's a little more to it (regarding the HG budget) but essentially it's a case of whether they're on the senior roster or not. We know Gyasi is on the senior roster because we had to protect him in the expansion draft last year.

MPNumber9 and The Cadaver repped this.
  3. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    I didn't make myself clear : is he on the senior roster because of his big salary (not necessary his new contract)? You can't pay HG players all the money you want right?

4. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty much. I'm a little unclear on the application of TAM as it relates to potential off-budget homegrown players but in this instance "he's making too much" is relatively accurate.