P/I/P Game 29: L.A. Galaxy @ TFC, SATURDAY 9/15/18, 4:30pm PT

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by L.A. Native, Sep 2, 2018.

1. 100fyers

100fyers Member+

Aug 30, 2010
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone prepay 2019 season tickets you have been hoodwinked and bamboozled. I'll give AEG my money when they give me a football club!

Lazy Assed Assassin and hav77 repped this.
  2. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    That was something.

3. napper

napper Member+

Jan 14, 2014
    Fullerton
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Turn out the lights...

4. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I wonder what Joe must think everytime he reps the 2019 season tix.

100fyers repped this.
  5. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well this season is an unbelievable disaster. It should be impossible for a professional team to be this bad (and sometimes good) at the same time. By all metrics other than not losing to LAFC the season is a complete failure. The players brought in were overvalued by a criminal degree. The FO shows no talent for building a roster. There is huge doubt if ownership can or will hold the FO to account for this. Our highest paid player is injured 70% of the time and when he plays shows no interest in the team.

I wish we could forfeit the rest of the season. I wish I had some hope next year could be better. I have no faith in those in charge.

Berks, El Futbolisimo, Geneva and 3 others repped this.
  6. 100fyers

100fyers Member+

Aug 30, 2010
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well guys just like our defense I'm going back to sleep. The only difference is I will get better the defense well there is no vaccination for poor football quality.

7E23 repped this.
  7. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    The worst part is offloading those overvalued players. We can’t just buy them out, their trade value has plummeted and the dos Santos brothers have zero incentive to give up a collective $8+ million a year they won’t get close to earning anywhere else - hell, I bet Gio’s next contract won’t be $6m over 3 years.

8. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Thank you Zlatan. You're the only good thing about this season.

Can't wait to get rid of all the dead weight, lazy weight, and useless weight on this roster.

Season ended tonight.

Berks, El Futbolisimo and kaburu repped this.
  9. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Portland continue to suck just enough to prevent us officially being done.

generaladmissision18 and hav77 repped this.
  10. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Guilty.

However, I'm of the "thick or thin" supporter mindset, so it'll take a lot for me to stop going.

If you're more logical about it and don't want to see your hard-earned money employing Gio and the Keystone Cops in the FO, I support and respect that.

Berks, MPNumber9, napper and 4 others repped this.
  11. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A big F U to the Galaxy defense for ruining my scoreline prediction.....

El Futbolisimo, kaburu, skydog and 3 others repped this.
  12. The Beautiful Gamer

The Beautiful Gamer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Highlight Time Folks

Our goal keeper is amazingly bad. I mean the ones he completely blows are always 2 feet away when they go whizzing by him. I can not believe he has not been subbed out all season thus far. I mean wow!!! Well folks 5 more games to go and this season is in the books. I'm sorry this team couldn't get you a win for the 500th goal Ibra. Maybe we can let you ride off into the sunset with at least a playoff appearance next season because I have zero confidence in this team's ability to do so this year.

El Futbolisimo, patopreto and TOAzer repped this.
  13. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought a game in which one team forfeits is recorded as a 2-0 win in favor of the opposing team. That means in all likelihood sending everyone home after the trip home and taking the 2-0 loss on the remaining games would result in a better record than if we play those games.

Baysider, JPAR and TrickHog repped this.
  14. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would be me. Do i feel like a dope.

JPAR and TrickHog repped this.
  15. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The home team had fun.

HOW can a pro defense be that bad? Bring in G2 defenders.

Amazing Zlatan. Our offense continues to produce.

16. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Nah, I think that's just if the result gets reversed for some reason.

I believe with actual forfeited games that you never showed for, you get something like a 3-0 loss on your record plus a points deduction on top.

I know when Middlesbrough posponed an EPL game when they had Juninho and Ravanelli (they decided that they didn't have enough fit players), they automatically got docked 3 pts and also had to play the match itself. Which they lost, getting relegated in the process.

Ironically, their final points total meant that had they simply played the original game and lost, they'd have stayed up.

17. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Thank you! Bingham is way too passive and behind the play mentally. He had several chances to be aggressive and be a hero but he played like his feet were glued to the turf.

Berks, MPNumber9, patopreto and 3 others repped this.
  18. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    With no fear of relegation I’m not sure this changes my mind.

shelbo repped this.
  19. Polygong

Polygong Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    The plus side of two teams with a porous defence is that at least we get an exciting high scoring game. Zlatan's goal I have to admit was a thing of beauty.

Despite the win we still have no hope making the playoffs and will have to settle for supporting whoever is playing Montréal. You still have hope so best of luck to you.

20. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    " How rooted to the turf is Bingham? Bingham's so rooted to the turf that the Little Prince is afraid it will destroy his favorite asteroid in the Galaxy! ... ................. BaddaBingham!"

.:cautious:.........sorry......;)

21. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    As it turns out - not quickly enough.

22. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "I'm happy for Toronto because they'll be remembered as my 500th victim,"
    -
    Ibrahimovic

23. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would mean he has never scored more than one goal against any single team.....

skydog, The Beautiful Gamer and kaburu repped this.
  24. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Soccer Victims are like Lazarus, they can be resurrected just so that they may be victimized again.

Or, if you prefer a different analogy, Soccer Victims are like the roots of polynomials. They can have multiplicity k, where k < or = to N=degree of the polynomials. The Zlatan Polynomials are currently best understood to be at least N=500, and the 500'th Victim ...er, "root"..... discovered, including multiplicity, is the poor ol' Bradley Bunch. .

kaburu repped this.
  25. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    Saw it on replay as I am done with putting the games ahead of other fun stuff I can do with family and friends. At least for the rest of of this wack season. This season make the last season look like a beach party given all the player changes, and Ibra and two coaches and new trainers, expectations etc. 17 goals in the past 4 games.... seriously!? and what gets me is after the 3-0 we came back, WE CAME BACK!.... but its no use. I am hoping at the very least the Triangle of Doom gets the boot. Bingham, yeah, he has the reflexes of drunken sloth but the D is just beyond words bad and he is better than Rowe. But the D, very little individual skill and zero cohesion as a unit which as per Skydog's dissertation, it kills any chance at effective/consistent offside trap or any kind of field compression going forward.

Glad to see Boa saw the light of day but that dude has been riding the bench so long he didnt look mentally match fit. I would have liked to have seen Feltcher out with some adjustments to let Pontious in and dont tell me nobody on the bench saw Jona was gassed making all kinds of bad passes in second half while Carrasco just sits on the bench. Now we have Seattle and their streaky behinds...