P/I/P Game 28: LA Galaxy @ San Jose, 8/28/2015 at 8:00 PM PDT

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by L.A. Native, Aug 27, 2015.

1. RafaDaGafa

RafaDaGafa Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Again, at the risk of flogging a dead horse (and this will also be my last post on the subject so rejoice), if I was reading that, I'd say of those players only Gerrard is given a relatively positive write-up.

As other people highlighted, in a poor performance, Gerrard was better than most. But when I gave him MOTM (at least in terms of Galaxy players) some people's heckles went up and accused me of bias.

What's established in this thread is the three best players came down to Ricketts, Gerrard, Rogers. Ricketts didn't really pull of any outstanding saves (apart from maybe the goal). I've explained why Rogers shouldn't even be close.

Who else does that leave?

2. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Don't worry, I don't think there is any horse left to flog. It's probably just fine dust by now...

StillKickin, Berks, SoCalYid and 2 others repped this.
  3. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One other thing that I remembered was an annoyance from the UDN broadcast.

Would SOMEBODY PLEASE teach Remses how to pronounce "Tottenham"!!

SoCalYid and Ghosting repped this.
  4. Ghosting

Ghosting Member+

Aug 20, 2004
    Pendleton, OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Quite honestly I find Remses completely ignorant and someone who I simply cannot tolerate. He consistently mispronounces players' names (as well as other words). He seems to be clueless about soccer. He constantly yells thinks like "Gerrard has a SHOT!!!" when he's really just dribbling though the attacking third... or he'll claim a cross is a shot.

I can't remember who it was who told me that I should just listen to the Spanish language instead, but they were right. I ended up doing that after a little bit, and was much happier.

SoCalYid repped this.
  5. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ramses Sandoval says he'll start pronouncing Tottenham correctly, and he'll work on his pronunciations, if you guys learn to spell his name right.

patopreto, ragbone, WarGalaxy and 4 others repped this.
  6. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    I gotta say I was a whole lot more content with the result before the rest of the weekend’s matches.

7. kaburu

kaburu Member+

Jul 12, 2009
    los angeles
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

henryo and Berks repped this.
  8. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^I figure that's about Leonardo. And it's a great thing to say. We love you too Omar. And I've even grown to like the guy that plays to your left. :)

9. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    I thought it was a mea culpa for his ball watching on the goal. Doesn't seem Omar's style to throw a teammate under the bus.

napper, hav77, Berks and 1 other person repped this.
  10. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, he won't. So why should I bother. Ramses, huh? He sure doesn't sound Egyptian.

11. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Member+

Aug 2, 2004
    Westwood, NJ
    I think he was named after the cheap condom: not particularly reliable and uncomfortable to endure for more than five seconds.

12. 100fyers

100fyers Member+

Aug 30, 2010
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey now those have gotten me through some very quick sessions and I would wager to say that with a steady pace you are able to get at least 45 seconds out of them!;):p:ROFLMAO::rolleyes:

13. shurikt

shurikt Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the best thing about this game is that the post game thread got me to add my first ever poster to my ignore list. :)

patopreto and pastor repped this.
  14. RafaDaGafa

RafaDaGafa Member

Sep 28, 2007
    No idea if that's me, but based on the responses here, I have my suspicion. I guess my answer would be the lack of answer. If it is, get a grip. If not, carry on :)

GalaxyOne repped this.
  15. The Beautiful Gamer

The Beautiful Gamer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't mind you so much. You remind me of a poster from back in the day named "Sanda". You will never find a more devout Beckham fan in the world. That man could do zero wrong in that woman's eyes no matter what took place in a game lol. I don't think even you could be as bad as she could be.

hav77 and RafaDaGafa repped this.
  16. shelbo

shelbo Member+

Oct 16, 2007
    L.A.
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea, but Beckham is way better looking than Stevie G!

17. jmaestro

jmaestro Member+

Mar 27, 2008
    Bakersfield
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rafa, I think you're a bit dotty at times and disagree with you about a LOT of stuff, but you're fine. Slightly crazy, but fine. I've done my only ignore EVER on this board on the Steven Gerrard thread for one gentleman who just made me want to BASH my HEAD into something hard whenever he posted. I could not stop taking pot-shots at his asshattery, so I ignored him before I ended up with a forum-ban or something. @shurikt it might be the same person as you, but I can't tell because, you know, I have him on ignore. =)

The Beautiful Gamer and RafaDaGafa repped this.
  18. RafaDaGafa

RafaDaGafa Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Thanks, people. That was my exact point. I don't mind having a debate or people arguing with me about my opinions. Part of the fun of football is the after-match heated debate.

But ignore lists are for the idiotic, troll or (worst of all) the 'ists (racist, sexist etc etc). Imagine a world where as soon as someone has an opposing viewpoint to you, you could mute them.

We'd all become close-minded, mono-opinionated drones.

Or Leeds Fans

(Sorry. Nothing against Leeds Fans. That's a call back to a joke in another match thread).

.....ahem..... Or Earthquake Fans...... (LA karma points gained)

reFnCoach, patopreto, MPNumber9 and 9 others repped this.
  19. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haha - I actually was wondering if Sanda had changed her name (as well as allegiances) to Rafa!

rokstedy and The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  20. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Galaxy
    United States
    Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    The english language commentators are not at the game, they are sitting in a booth at the UNIMAS studio/office complex off the 405. I was told that they get multiple camera feeds and use those for their commentary.

The Cadaver repped this.
  21. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks. I sort of guessed they weren't there. I meant that either they didn't know which feed was going out, or they were totally oblivious to the game. In retrospect, I guess that the latter better explains their inane blather.

And is there anything dumber than, on the English language feed, the half time interview in Spanish being shown, but with no sound. "Our reporter so-and-so is now interviewing Dom Kinnear at the break."

Silent pictures of two guys talking...

73Bruin and TrickHog repped this.
  22. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Galaxy
    United States
    Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    I kind of agree, but look at this as a teething exercise for UNIMAS, at least in terms of broadcasting towards an English language only speaking audience. Personally, I want it to succeed, because the Spanish Language broadcasters including Fox and ESPN broadcast a lot more soccer in Spanish then ever gets broadcast in English. I am hoping it spreads, when the others note that UNIMAS's audience increases.

The Cadaver and TrickHog repped this.
  23. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. But a crap broadcast will drive away viewers rather than grow an audience.

24. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Galaxy
    United States
    Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    I can't disagree with that. I just don't want to condemn a first year effort, especially after we had to deal with the years of the Fox Sports broadcasting of Jim Watson & Mark Rogondino (and I like Mark's style). However, Watson, was so bad, I would take UNIMAS's team over that FS pairing.

25. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Watson v. Rameses. Which one is worse. One admitted he didn't watch the games he didn't broadcast. The other isn't watching the game he is broadcasting. An epic philosophical question suitable for a flame war.

Or a Celebrity Death Match.