P/I/P Game 28: L.A. Galaxy @ RSL, SATURDAY 9/1/18, 7pm PT

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by L.A. Native, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To think I almost went to this game in person. Following this team is NOT a rewarding pastime in 2018. Why is it so hard to find competent team management in this league? How can this team be so bad with so much payroll? It's sad.

The Cadaver and hav77 repped this.
  2. L.A. Native

L.A. Native Member+

Aug 1, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Honest question if anyone knows... how does our FO's payroll stack up against the rest of the league? Am I correct in assuming AEG is saving millions on this FO's collective salary compared to the likes of ATL? I'm just afraid Dan Beckerman could do the same thing as last year and use Sigi as a scapegoat while keeping the FO intact to save some scratch instead of paying a world class Prez/GM/coach to come in and run things to the true standard of a league leader in today's MLS.

hav77 repped this.
  3. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    I can’t speak to salary, but I can speak to experience and staffing size at the marketing level and in relation to clubs like LAFC, Atlanta, NYCFC the Galaxy’s has fewer and less experienced people in those positions. They hire from within MLS and grant roles to people with little to no experience in that capacity who are “learning on the job”. The aforementioned clubs fill those roles with people who have worked at Fortune 500s for years.

When you’re selling franchises for $30m it’s all good and well hiring the fan relations guy from Houston to take on a director or VP role*. When you’re selling franchises for $100m it’s a different ball game altogether.

* which is not to say there aren’t enterprising and fully capable people in lower levels of employment ready to make the jump to senior level management, but it’s rare.

MPNumber9 and rokstedy repped this.
  4. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks. Now I don't feel so guilty about opting for the TV and a bowl of popcorn.

The Beautiful Gamer and Geneva repped this.
  5. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is going to require a lot of popcorn. Making a note to stock up.

The Cadaver and TrickHog repped this.
  6. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Note to self: Buy stock in popcorn for the next 8 weeks.....

The Beautiful Gamer and The Cadaver repped this.
  7. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are a tire fire. That is all.