P/I/P Game 17: L.A. Galaxy vs DC, WEDNESDAY 7/4/18, 7:30pm PT

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by L.A. Native, Jul 1, 2018.

1. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, were the fireworks good, at least?

2. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    We aren't making the playoffs and I really don't want us to either. We need a major change to our defense when the transfer window opens or else we are screwed.

3. L.A. Native

L.A. Native Member+

Aug 1, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Ever since Gerrard, which was supposedly not a move Bruce wanted(Gio either), we've been bad. Vegenas, Kirovski and Sigi gotta go. Bring back Bruce as GM and wtf why not at least offer Luis Enrique or Zidane the manager job. I mean, they may laugh in our face but, give it a shot at least.

GalaxyOne, JPAR, MPNumber9 and 1 other person repped this.
  4. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well that was disappointing. Well saw it coming though. Our looming in eptitude is like Ron Jeremy in that regard.

Can anyone offer comfort that at least one of those called-off goals should have counted?

5. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ciana’s should have counted, but the red blew the whistle so it couldn’t be VAR’ed...

L.A. Native repped this.
  6. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope the offers you so comfort, Barroldinho.

barroldinho repped this.
  7. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This information had escaped me.

I don't care who comes in but this FO has been awful from day one.

And it only just occurred to me that Klein probably brought in Sigi to be his new Bruce. Not so much as a success story, more to bear sole responsibility for the main roster and coaching decisions, shielding himself in the process.

Glad that Zlatan has 10 goals in 13 games.

L.A. Native repped this.
  8. JPAR

JPAR Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Our defense is so bad. After a guy runs by you 3 times, wouldn't you start anticipating a through ball and adjust your positioning. Skeljvik/Ciani, neither is taking control out there, it's like they don't talk during the game....we have 7 defenders in the box and no one steps out to guard the open man, so frustrating.

L.A. Native repped this.
  9. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Or lack of ideas. When in doubt go with the safest possible choice. On paper Sigi should have at least put together a competent defense and I think you could argue he certainly tried.

The canary in the coal mine should have been Ciani, an expensive, not particularly good international signed before Sigi arrived. Whatever the reason for his continued presence it’s indicative of something or somethings wrong with the organization.

L.A. Native, napper and mbar repped this.
  10. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The defense is bad, but for me the issue is also midfield. It's like there is no cohesion from the front to the back -- the defense, attack and midfield are all separate entities and midfield specifically seems non-existent. Any team can dance or pass right through our midfield at any time it seems.

Mostly your midfield is your core and determines how you are going to play and ours has no presence, substance or identity. Do we press high? Do we sit deep and counter? Do we win the ball around the center? I have no idea. Even against a poor team like DC, we are just reacting to whatever they're doing.

napper and L.A. Native repped this.
  11. L.A. Native

L.A. Native Member+

Aug 1, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I've never stayed for the fireworks. During my walk to the car(not it the parking lots), there were fireworks going off everywhere. From my seats up top during the game, you can see/hear them going off from every angle around the stadium.

There was this though
    1014735789769420800 is not a valid tweet id

12. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    There are a lot of problems with our midfield.

First - we have no ball winners. We don't have a Dax McCarty or Juninho or JVD or even a Larentowicz who can put high pressure on opponents and cause turnovers. We don't have midfielders who fight for every header, every loose ball or who are aware and quick enough to be first to every errant pass. Kitchen is too slow and too passive. JDS is more of a connecting player than a ball winner. And Cole isn't the answer.

Second - Our midfield positioning when we are on defense is terrible. Our midfielders don't mesh with our back line. Instead of coordinating with the back 4 and picking up overlapping runners and clogging the open lanes there is just a lot of willy-nilly running around by both groups.