P/I/P Game 15: L.A. Galaxy @ Colorado, WEDNESDAY 6/21/17, 6pm PT

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by L.A. Native, Jun 18, 2017.

1. napper

napper Member+

Jan 14, 2014
    Fullerton
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Viva Curt!

profiled, Beakmon FC and hav77 repped this.
  2. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    How many Ole's in a row is it now for the Gs? 8?

3. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    GG was before my time! :(

TrickHog repped this.
  4. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Give the man a raise!

napper and TrickHog repped this.
  5. Dawdler

Dawdler Member+

Apr 2, 2005
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

6. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. Impressed with this team, impressed with McBean and I heart Alessandrini like usual.
    • Villarreal had a decent game. He created McBean's first goal with a high press, and sent in a few dangerous freekicks.
    • McBean with his glorious finishes. WOW! The backheel!
    • Part of Gyasi's problem is he is saddled with Nathan Smith who is TERRIBLE. He is stapled to Smith and just can't get out of playing deep. Also, ironically, I think if the PK hadn't have been called he would have scored.
    • Nathan Smith was burned by Gatt ALL FREAKING GAME LONG.
    • Not a good game by Cole either who couldn't figure out how to get a cross in with the altitude.
    • We gave up 19 shots. Wince.
    • Nice hustle by Pedro for goal #2.
    • Also a good game by BJIV.
    • Not sure on Villarreal. Not terrible, but he didn't really have muscle and his passing game wasn't great. But hey, earned a win.
    • We would be nowhere without Alessandrini. Clear player of the year for LA. I wish Lletget could have played with this version of Romain. :(
    • Fantastic one handed save from Diop.
    THREE POINTS!!!!!!!!!

You know what Curt? Hats off.

Geneva, patopreto, Beirut and 7 others repped this.
  7. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This bizarro Galaxy is becoming fun to watch. On the road.

I thought McBean had his best game since his injury two years ago, even if you take away the 2 goals. And that second goal--- the young lad has been hanging out with Dos Santos, apparently.

Now if only we could sprinkle some of this magic pixie winning dust on some home games.....

Berks, GermanyFC and JPAR repped this.
  8. Beakmon FC

Beakmon FC Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Jan 10, 2002
    The OC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Liking the connection between RA7 and BJ IV

Maybe this helps gets the kid back on track. He's shown flashes of potential.

TrickHog repped this.
  9. L.A. Native

L.A. Native Member+

Aug 1, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I'm with you except for this point. Gyasi has had plenty of time with several RBs and Timmy gave up on the pk play before GZ even got to it. He should play up top but, I'd definitely sit him behind McBean at this point. Sorry but, I have no remorse left. :p I knew we should've sold him years ago. I like the guy as a person and he's a native like me but, he's just not good enough.

10. GermanyFC

GermanyFC Member

Jul 14, 2008
    San Diego
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly, they need to get their act together at home and they're due a win at home. KC won't be easy though.

11. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got to remember if we make playoffs, finish low enough that we are assured the road game advantage.

GalaxyKoa, Berks, patopreto and 8 others repped this.
  12. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You didn't miss much.

StillKickin repped this.
  13. The Beautiful Gamer

The Beautiful Gamer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #138 The Beautiful Gamer, Jun 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
    Highlight Time Folks

Every since Curt put his foot down and made it known that he was the leader of the Galaxy after that Come to Jesus Locker room meeting a few weeks ago this team has been united in proving that they can survive post Bruce Almighty. Thank God because I was ready to burn Curt at the stake earlier this year. I am not ready to give him my full faith just yet but I am now willing to accept that Bruce might have been right when he told Klien to give him the job. Now I just want to see the team at full strength with a healthy Llegett and a Gyasi that is not having a downer season. Their is still hope yet people. There is still hope! Go LA!!!

The Cadaver and TrickHog repped this.
  14. rtdavide

rtdavide Member+

Apr 20, 2005
    Whittier, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting stuff going on with the Galaxy. I listen to Josh Guesman's CotG podcast, and they constantly mention the lack of depth on the team- but here we are with Lletget, Rogers, Jones, Steres, Diallo, Gio, Rowe, and Husidic out (anybody else I'm missing?), and we're pulling off wins on the road.
    I know we aren't an elite team by any stretch, but this is still only half a season in to the post-Arena era and there are signs of life. It was kinda nice to see the ages of the roster and all the 20-22 year-olds we had out there, compared to last year when we were usually the oldest and slowest team in the league.

by the way, I thought Gyasi looked a little sharper last night. a little.... he had one embarrassing touch where he took a throw in and tried to pass it back, and instead passed it straight outta bounds, missing the guy by a yard and a half... which is the kind of thing I would do- I don't expect anyone at the professional level to pull that.... But he also made some decent runs and had a few shots, even tucked the ball into the goal as BJIV was going down. Hopefully that reminds him that of what it feels like to actually score. I'm sure this is a lack-of-confidence thing that can be overcome.

Berks, StillKickin, hav77 and 1 other person repped this.
  15. GalaxyOne

GalaxyOne Member+

Dec 6, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't even mind Cobi, but I have to say I thought El Gato was better. Even for his first game.

16. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Ok, slow down... we don't have to go crazy. Just because Darth has been on his best behavior doesn't mean it's time to lower our shields just yet.

Berks and napper repped this.
  17. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    There is only so much you can tell from highlight videos - they show what a player can do but not what he usually does. I could make a highlight video (ok, I couldn't but Trickhog could) that makes Nathan Smith look good (remember his one game where he beat players several times in a row?).

Also there is always the possibility that the player comes to us after an undisclosed injury or his performance has been dropping off and that is why he is suddenly available.

Anyway the first couple of games for LA Alessandrini looked ok but not great. He was getting pushed around, and his passes were too often off the mark. No goals, no assists either. But he kept getting better and better, tougher and tougher. I remember a few games where he didn't become a beast until the final 20 minutes. Now he is playing great pretty much all the time he is on the field.

Against COL he steps on the field and it takes all of 5 minutes for him to make his mark. His play to create the pk was incredible (btw - it starts way before we get to the box). And of course BJIV deserves credit for doing his part perfectly on that play as well. But Alessandrini got that one rolling.

Berks, hav77 and TrickHog repped this.
  18. wcmanes

wcmanes Member

May 28, 1999
    Riverside, Ca, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's a real difference maker all over the field in this league. Not Giovinco or Keane level, but if he keeps it up...

If Kirovski is the one who chose and recruited Alessandrini he gets an automatic pass for any and all past "mistakes"--but not future ;)

hav77 repped this.
  19. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's worth pointing out that Colorado isn't a great team. They might be the poorest team we've beaten this season. But we found a way to beat 'em in a congested schedule with lots of injuries and that's important.

Edit: And yes: Hartman was waaaaay better than Cobi, who seems to have nothing but burning contempt for Joe Tutino.

Geneva, TrickHog and Lazy Assed Assassin repped this.
  20. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I liked Hartman, but he has that issue of making up words when he talks himself into a corner. But I do love my "comfortability".

Berks, StillKickin, The Cadaver and 4 others repped this.
  21. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Didn't Hartman do a previous game for us? My memory is that he did, that he was kind of boring, and that boring was an improvement over Cobi.

22. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Agree Kirovski definitely deserves a big kudo if he made this happen. But a pass for all past mistakes? Never! MLS Cup 2009 seems like yesterday to me! :eek:

PS - I don't claim to be rational and fair when it comes to Jovan.

The Cadaver and hav77 repped this.
  23. Beep Boop Robot

Mar 11, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    They definitely aren't worse than RSL. Colorado isn't a great team, but I think they were on a 2-3 game winning streak and they're notoriously tough to beat at home.

What impressed me the most was the performance we got out of our homegrown players and I think only 4 players played that weren't either local to the Los Angeles area or came up through Los Dos. It's nice to see a big chunk of club being represented by local guys.

Berks, 73Bruin, hav77 and 5 others repped this.
  24. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good points, both.

I have to say, nearly halfway through the season the FO aren't looking like the asshats most of us thought around March. Onalfo is turning out to not be a complete turkey, both of our off-season international signings have come on very well so far, and the kids are not just getting minutes but making an impact.

Particularly with LAFC coming in and ramping up the competition for athletes in the region, it's smart to pivot to the youth strategy (although injuries have forced the issue) and it seems to be paying off.

25. Beep Boop Robot

Mar 11, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I think the real test for Curt is when JJ gets healthy. Throwing him back into a starting role because he's Jermaine Jones and reverting back to the pre-Chicago game Galaxy means he lucked into some good performances and roster choices, and didn't have too much to do with his ability to coach a team.

TrickHog, Berks, StillKickin and 2 others repped this.