P/I/P Game 13: Colorado @ L.A. Galaxy, SUNDAY 5/19/19, 5pm PT

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by L.A. Native, May 14, 2019.

1. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    The ton of allocation money we received for him has been used to sign Favio Alvarez and Giancarlo Gonzalez. The latter has been good so far but we would be much better with Ola than these two right now.

Silver lining : I think we could be good in 2020 with Polenta, Gonzalez, Steres, Romney and THA as our CBs, and I like the idea of beginning to build a solid team from the back. But it will be hard to win anything in 2019.

2. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Woof. Another ugly game. I’ll add that we look like we are running in mud. There’s not a lot of energy in the team right now...

When I come late I’ve got nothing of value to add. :p

Geneva, skydog, shelbo and 2 others repped this.
  3. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't get to see this game, but man, what a terrible outcome. I tried to listen live, but literally after 45 minutes of listening to the radio stream I could tell this team was going to lose this game. Echos of recent bad seasons, where the team just plays well below the sum of its parts, to the extent that you have no idea what to expect game-to-game. This team could beat the best team in the league or give up 3 goals to the worst team in the league and neither outcome would surprise you.

I put a lot of this on Schelotto, who I think has been a little naive, frankly. This is an imperfect team with no depth, but we can't put together a squad and gameplan that doesn't lose at home to Colorado? I mean, everyone knows how we play. Everyone knows how Colorado's has to play in response. So how is it that Conor Casey's plan succeeded and Schelotto's didn't?

Geneva, skydog, TrickHog and 2 others repped this.