P/I/P Game 10: L.A. Galaxy @ NYRB, SUNDAY 5/14/17, 3pm PT

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by L.A. Native, May 8, 2017.

1. L.A. Native

L.A. Native Member+

Aug 1, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    [​IMG]
    TV: FS1, FoxDeportes, MLS LIVE

After a 3 game home stand in which we managed 2 points, a 4 game road trip starts off in NJ. I don't really expect more than a point from these 4 games. Anything more and I'm afraid of Onolfo finding more excuses to stay on board.

Geneva and TrickHog repped this.
  2. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Well Philadelphia did put three past NY this past weekend and Jones probably won’t be fit so anything it possible.

TrickHog and L.A. Native repped this.
  3. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #3 GalaxyKoa, May 8, 2017
    Last edited: May 8, 2017
    If anything it just shows just how important your home games are. Philly got it done at home and we haven't been able to.

The home record for the teams we're playing on this road swing (W-D-L):
    NYRB: 4-1-0
    Minnesota: 3-0-2
    San Jose: 3-2-0
    DC: 2-1-2

Honestly, I see us nicking a win from one of those games. It may be fluky, but I have full confidence that something will happen to just stave off Curt being fired. No good can come of this. Maybe the FO wants to hang on for a year and a half and bring back Bruce after the World Cup.

4. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Funny I had a similar thought today. I don’t think Bruce is coming back though and I’m not sure it would be the right move either.

GalaxyKoa and skydog repped this.
  5. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    #5 Benny Dargle, May 8, 2017
    Last edited: May 8, 2017
    L.A. Native repped this.
  6. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA

Could be Romain took a knock. Not sure why he would need an extra day of recovery on the Tuesday after a Saturday night game

7. rtdavide

rtdavide Member+

Apr 20, 2005
    Whittier, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For whatever ANYbody thinks about the state of the Galaxy right now, I, for one, at least am interested in seeing how this game plays out.
    I watched the Fire game with zero hope, and no reason to think we could possibly turn things around. The first half confirmed all my worst fears, and then.... things started looking up.

Yeah, I know there are all kinds of questions still stirring but I have to say that at least I'm intrigued to see what will happen. Yeah, I'm saying there's a chance....

I want to see if this team actually can play as a team and give me some hope.
    I haven't had any reason to think Onalfo could take us anywhere, but I don't hate him on any level. If he can turn the team around, good for him. I really only care that this team wins, and if he can do it, and we can start to show something.

8. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Whether it's warranted or not, I'm starting to feel like how i felt when JK was at the helm of the US team. When the team wins, it's not because of Onalfo, but rather in spite of him.

Berks, skydog, GalaxyKoa and 1 other person repped this.
  9. shurikt

shurikt Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Current playoff chance: 12.8%. To even have a microscopic chance of making the playoffs, we need to finish better than 8-7-10. Beating the MetroStars NYRB bumps our playoff chances up to almost 20%. Woo.

via SportsClubStats

Berks, The Cadaver, hav77 and 1 other person repped this.
  10. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Onalfo has a long way to go - years and years of misery - before he can be equated with Klinsmann in my mind. It is hard to see what good Onalfo has done yet, though, in his short time in charge.

11. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kinsman got off to a way better start then Curt

12. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    I was opposed to Jurgen from the get-go, but even I thought there were some positives he brought, they were far outweighed by the negatives, but there were some.

Curt … I'm honestly trying to think of anything positive and I'm coming up short. I would have said he's given GII players a shot where Bruce was more reluctant, but he's badly mismanaged that it might end up being a net-negative.

ProudNatRN, wcmanes and The Cadaver repped this.
  13. Beep Boop Robot

Mar 11, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    With Jones not on the field, our team has structure. I don't think we'll win, or even get a result, but I'm optimistic that our performance will be better than anything we've seen all season.

I just wish there was a team who'd be dumb enough to to take Jones off our hands.

14. rtdavide

rtdavide Member+

Apr 20, 2005
    Whittier, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Listening to the Corner of the Galaxy podcast- Britt Pergl and Kevin Baxter, as well as Guesman himself, sensed relief from the players in the locker room that Onalfo took out JVD.
    Baxter says an unnamed veteran told him that there is a real belief among the players that he did the right thing and that finally things are heading the right way.

Something obviously is wrong with the setup when so many players are relieved he was replaced.

15. Beakmon FC

Beakmon FC Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Jan 10, 2002
    The OC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, that narrows it down, doesn't it?

Husidic, Zardes,Rowe or Cole

16. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

That was very interesting. The attitude was much more anti-VanDamme than I would have expected. It seems to be more than just him going walkabout.

ProudNatRN repped this.
  17. JPAR

JPAR Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    They also mentioned that Alessandrini didn't train on Tuesday, and that it was a little strange. Anyone know if he trained today? What is going on in the locker room on this team?

18. Beakmon FC

Beakmon FC Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Jan 10, 2002
    The OC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

19. GalaxyOne

GalaxyOne Member+

Dec 6, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, a well-balanced, reasonable approach to the situation! :confused: Not exactly what I have come to expect in this particular forum. Kudos to you. :ROFLMAO:

rtdavide repped this.
  20. GalaxyOne

GalaxyOne Member+

Dec 6, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder what Seattle's chances were to make the playoffs last year around June. That chart is meaningless this early in the year.

21. L.A. Native

L.A. Native Member+

Aug 1, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Anyone have a link for a replay of this match?

I've read/heard some people say JVD was responsible for turnovers from bad passes that led to both Chicago goals but, I seem to remember Gyasi making the turnover on the first goal...

Zardes had another stinker and I think we should sell him now to get as much as we can for him.

22. galvanator

galvanator Member

Dec 5, 2006
    Atascadero, CA USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The first goal (pk) started with a bad pass from Zardes in our own third. Second one was a long cross field pass from Van Damme that lead to the counter and goal. Of course several other things happened en route to those goals but both sequences started with turnovers as the result of bad passes.

L.A. Native repped this.
  23. L.A. Native

L.A. Native Member+

Aug 1, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Thanks, and I just realized I posted this in the wrong thread. [​IMG]

24. shurikt

shurikt Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This time last year, Seattle had a 52% chance of making the playoffs. It dropped as low as 8% on July 31st. They finished the regular season with 48 points, after going 8-2-3 for the last 13 games.

To get to 48 points this year, we need to go 11-7-7 or better.

Not meaningless, just math. As the recent presidential election should remind us, 12% means 12%, not 0%.

mbar, TrickHog and Lazy Assed Assassin repped this.
  25. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Funny how statistics work. I “get it”, but I still find it uncomfortable :)