P/I/P Game 10: L.A. Galaxy @ FCD, SATURDAY 5/12/18, 12:30pm PT

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by L.A. Native, May 5, 2018.

1. L.A. Native

L.A. Native Member+

Aug 1, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    [​IMG]
    TV: UNIMAS​

2. 100fyers

100fyers Member+

Aug 30, 2010
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3 points or go EF yourselves.

The Beautiful Gamer and ShortyMac repped this.
  3. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    Did we sell or release Joao Pedro? I see him on the roster but he is not on injured list nor available as sub.

4. L.A. Native

L.A. Native Member+

Aug 1, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    He's playing for GII. I think they sent him down to make way for Zlatan's intl spot.

5. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    He's back on the senior roster because Feltscher was put on the disabled list and his int'l slot opened up

Berks and L.A. Native repped this.
  6. L.A. Native

L.A. Native Member+

Aug 1, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Oh yeah, I forgot to include that as the second part of my post. :D

7. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Galaxy
    United States
    Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    How has Joao played for Los Dos? Per the official USL stats, he has no goals and no assists. That might be acceptable if he is playing Dmid, but for an attacking mid getting more than the Sr. roster minimum, it's disappointing.

8. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    He's certainly played. I haven't been able to see many games but I think he plays something like an 8. Not really an attacking mid.

9. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    It speaks volumes that knowing Joao and his impact to this team I am actually happy to see him back in the mix. I am grasping at hope people but thats where were at. I see Los Dos hasnt won a single game. The failure seems systemwide.

10. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Consider how badly Onalfo damaged the senior team in less than a season. He had 3 to ruin GII and the Academy products that took part in games with GII. It’s a longer road to fix the USL side than the senior side IMO and just look where we are with that project.

11. salvikicks

salvikicks Member+

Mar 6, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They looked good today, at least on offense. Alvarez and Zubak need to get some minutes in the open cup.

The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  12. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    He played mainly DM, so not his best position. He did OK in that time, but it's hard to shine in such a bad team.

13. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interestingly, Onalfo had 1 less point than Sigi at this point last season (10 games in). Around this time, though, Onalfo was in the midst of a pretty good run of games resulting in 3 wins and a draw from 4 away matches (while starting Joao Pedro, amazingly). Sigi has to not lose this game to return to SHC with a better record than Onalfo had at the same point.

rokstedy repped this.
  14. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #14 Dr.Phil, May 10, 2018
    Last edited: May 10, 2018
    I am not concerned about point total but rather are we playing better and is Sigi moving the team forward.

Edit

What I am looking for is a cohesive plan and goal.

If Curt lost playing with G2 players but showed signs of moving the club forward in player development I would have been fine.

I look at teams under NYRB Crew and Atlanta and they have a style of play/plan.

15. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    A plan and a style would be great but at least some cohesion would be nice. Better /faster read of game and how each other is positioned in runs and while running. Some anticipation by the mids and the D when the other team is making their runs at us to nip counters in the bud. How about some timely subs when things have clearly gone south again and not in the 82 minute. This is what I see around the league in all teams large and small. Look at Seattle coming in to the downtown dopes new stadium. They held them to the 93rd minute and only lost off their own keeper mistake on a set piece kicked by that defender that looks like Tim Howards son. Then Seattle goes to Toronto and beats them in their own home and this without Dempsey nor Torres. I mean, where can I go buy a truckload of nads and heart like that so I can have it shipped to Galaxy?

rokstedy, MPNumber9 and TrickHog repped this.
  16. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This really might be a “must-win” for Sigi....

The Beautiful Gamer and rokstedy repped this.
  17. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Team needs a result out of this one, I think. Dallas has a stingy defense, but they don't score a ton either. 4-5-1, lock it down and play for the counter. I'd start Kamara as the 1 for this one, and bring Zlatan in as a supersub, maybe steal 3 points.

I would start to worry about Sigi if we concede in the first 15 minutes of either half.

18. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently Gio did not travel. We can only hope that means they might be selling him.

LEM-LAG, The Cadaver, rokstedy and 3 others repped this.
  19. napper

napper Member+

Jan 14, 2014
    Fullerton
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Baby steps?

20. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    According to Baxter, it's an undisclosed injury. He certainly wouldn't voluntarily sit while trying to get called up for the Mexican Nat'l Team, especially now that he's started to score again

21. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aw sweet! This game is gonna be on free TV. Ch 34.1 (Univision) for the LA Metro area.

TrickHog repped this.
  22. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    [​IMG]

Steres at RB? Over Klimenta? He must be pretty bad...

And why this 4-2-3-1 when Gio is not here?

23. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Steres the right back is a desperation move. I’m surprised to see ola the winger again but if we control the ball he can push up and RA can play outside and it will look more like 442

TrickHog repped this.
  24. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Puzzling to me too. I'd drop Pontius, move Romain wide, JDS up and Lletget wide. This is going to rely a whole lot on Alessandrini having a good game.

25. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Out with the kiddos today and watching the game this evening. I hope we crush them. Be back on tonight. Hopefully not to complain....

The Beautiful Gamer repped this.