PBP: P/I/P Caps @ Revs, August 12 8:00 PM [R]

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Feldspar, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Feldspar

Feldspar Member+

Nov 19, 1998
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Must win. Nice to see that Jay continues with the weird lineups, starting Watson in midfield and Rowe at LB. Dielna remains a no show.

2. REV IT UP

REV IT UP Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Jul 12, 2004
    San Francisco
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dielna only trained for a few days, no way he's ready to play this week.

Rowe needs to play LM or even replace Lee in the middle. Jay has no clue. Tierney isn't THAT bad to misplace someone like Rowe.

What minute Watson gets a red card?

3. Feldspar

Feldspar Member+

Nov 19, 1998
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't expect Dielna to start yet, but I'm disappointed he isn't even a warm body at pre-game warmups. A small thing perhaps, but the sort of lack of urgency that plagues the Revs.

4. rkane1226

rkane1226 Member+

Apr 9, 2000
    Club:
    Stade Brestois 29
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is Kouassi ever coming back? This is starting to feel like a Twellman situation. He is permanently broken but we'll pretend he'll be back... I'm sure that's wrong but really. What the heck?

5. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's coming on for Fagundez now.

6. rkane1226

rkane1226 Member+

Apr 9, 2000
    Club:
    Stade Brestois 29
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why is Kouassi coming on for Fagundez and not Koffie or Watson? Hope this sub doesn't cost the revs points.

Need to keep the foot on the gas - can't be conservative here.

8. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agudelo lucky to not be booked for that two-footed challenge.

9. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow after the first 15 minutes, this has been a horrible, nail-biting final 30 minutes by the revs. Fortunate to hang on and get the points tonight.

10. dncm

dncm Member+

Apr 22, 2003
    Boston
    Fine. Ugly. Not impressive. And Columbus and Montreal both won. Revs still in 9th place out of 10.

11. Feldspar

Feldspar Member+

Nov 19, 1998
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We won a must win, which is good. We once again did it in unimpressive form, with a lot more difficulty than we should have, which is bad. And we remain in a pack several points out of the playoffs, which is ugly.

dncm and RevsLiverpool repped this.
  12. RevsRule

RevsRule Member+

NE Revs, LAFC
    Jun 9, 1999
    N. Eastern, Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like heaps as a person, don't like him as a coach. There won't be too many games left for him at this point and I think he knows it. Maybe Im wrong but I feel I can see it in his face when he's on camera. The worse thing is, Im not sure there is anything he can do about it. We don't have a lot of options and he keeps looking for something that works but can't seem to find it. Im talking about chances created. There simply aren't enough chances to score many goals

A few notes ...I still dont want to see Kamara trying to bring the ball up.... at all. He seems to kill attacks if he gets involved early. Somebody get Lee N's name on a milk carton. Maybe he's just playing out his contract and trying not to get hurt? IDK but it's getting harder and harder to support him. He should be the best player on our team and he's not. I agree that Rowe has to move forward. Diego has dropped off too. Doesnt leave much does it

13. Argyle

Argyle Member

Jan 31, 2002
    Plymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No red for Watson, but i read that his yellow means he's setting out the next game.
    Considering he's played in 14 games, that might be the most Je-Vaughan Watson thing ever.

14. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know he's training, but has all his paperwork gone through? That might be the hold up.

Nemeth hasn't played since March, so it's not like he's going to be starting ASAP.

15. MM66

MM66 Member+

Mar 9, 2009
    Brookline, MA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    1. Real good fort last night. The crowd outside the fort even joined in.

2. Nice game from Bunbury. He was consistently dangerous in the 1st half and he seems to have figured out how to pounce on crosses.

3. Anguoa made some sweet defensive plays in the 1st half. He's been pretty capable playing sweeper when the team has the ball - can change the point of attack and hit a long pass. Add in timely stops like last night and that's a guy worth having.

16. a517dogg

a517dogg Member+

Oct 30, 2005
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Angry Teal Bunbury is the best Bunbury.

We were a little lucky to keep a clean sheet.

No surprise that our goal came on a sequence in which we got the ball and put in a shot 5 seconds later. We are our best when we move the ball very fast up the field. No surprise that it was Kelyn Rowe serving the ball - Rowe loves to play as direct and fast as possible. No surprise that he found Bunbury - Bunbury's resurgence has come from making the direct run at full speed and demanding that the ball get to him, rather than waiting to see where the ball might go, and then tailoring the run to that location. More of that from everyone else, please.

I thought Agudelo's skillcheck around minute 80 (cutting out a pass with a heel flick) was ridiculous. Anyone have a video or gif?

MM66, RevsLiverpool and BrianLBI repped this.