P/I/P Black diamond run #9 Rapids @ Chicago Sting/Fire United Bridgeviewers, Sat 11AM

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by AlbertCamus, Apr 18, 2019.

1. fortcollins

fortcollins Member+

St. Louis City SC
    Apr 12, 2006
    Fort Collins
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bodmer Line: 1.577 PPG. Only one Rapids team has ever averaged more than 1.577 PPG in a season. Only one. And it won't be this one.

Kroenke Line: (maximum points that can be earned to win the average Wooden Spoon at just over 26 points): League: 0.925 PPG. Rapids: 0.923 PPG.

Hudson Line: (13 points or less in 26 remaining matches, the PPG needed to become the worst team in MLS history. The current record is 16 points, held by D.C. United, 3-24-7 in 2013): 0.500 PPG.

Rapids: 0-6-2, 0.250 PPG.

#HudsonOut

2. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Remind me the definitions for The Bodmer line. Thx.

3. pdid10

pdid10 Member+

Aug 8, 2008
    Boulder
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    All of these guys Smith brought in from the championship are stinking it up. I’m guessing they are fed up with Hudson and their MLS journey.

4. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    What did we think of the red? Does anyone care?

5. fortcollins

fortcollins Member+

St. Louis City SC
    Apr 12, 2006
    Fort Collins
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jason's the official keeper of the Bodmer Line. He calculated the last playoff spot as averaging 43 points, so the Bodmer Line is the PPG needed the rest of the season to snag the average last playoff spot.

22SteveD, JasonMa and AlbertCamus repped this.
  6. Paranoid Coyote

Paranoid Coyote Member+

Oct 21, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

SccrDon repped this.
  7. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    For some reason watching the post game. (I guess that’s how much I don’t want to do errands today). “Wouldn’t it be ironic if the first win came against Atlanta?” says Richard Fleming. I’m sorry, my prediction next week is 7-0 Atlanta. We are not good.

Centennial and Rod1916 repped this.
  8. Riccardo55

Riccardo55 Member+

Mar 11, 2001
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess the Rapids are the antidote for all the other struggling MLS teams.....and better yet , my sense is they are getting worse, not better.

The feed is showing all sorts of downtown Chicago pictures, as if the stadium is in Millennium Park.

Instead of having THREE coaches on payroll, they could bring back Pablo, as the 0-0, 1-0, 0-1 scores at least was tolerable. As a former central defender (vs fast teams) and wing (vs slow teams) I was there to run down breakaways and pressure their defenders with speed. Pablo could teach our back line about the virtues of marking each attacker once they are close to the box (yes I read about that on the internet so it *must* be true).

R

9. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why would Pablo want to come back at this point?

10. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nailed it

11. Rod1916

Rod1916 Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Pablo didn't have this level of talent. Which means Hudson is really that bad. (and I wouldn't come near this team if I was Pablo!)

Andy126 repped this.
  12. Rod1916

Rod1916 Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    For the rest of the season, I think we should give a GOAT of the match, not a MAN of the match.

For today's match, I give the goat to Opare. Just bad.

(although I was tempted to give it to Hudson for clearly not setting up the defense to know where we should be when the ball is in our half. Just that this would be an every game thing, so we assume that is table stakes.)

TheWarmBurger repped this.
  13. fortcollins

fortcollins Member+

St. Louis City SC
    Apr 12, 2006
    Fort Collins
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funny thing in this game. The teams were level at halftime. Chicago came out for the second half, made adjustments, and aggressively attacked weaknesses in Colorado's midfield and pathetic back line. It's almost . . . like . . . Chicago has . . . a coach. What a novel idea! The Rapids should try that someday!

22SteveD and TheWarmBurger repped this.
  14. fortcollins

fortcollins Member+

St. Louis City SC
    Apr 12, 2006
    Fort Collins
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    <sarcasm>The red was a good start. Four more straight reds to the entire back line would have improved the call, though.</sarcasm>

AlbertCamus repped this.
  15. TheWarmBurger

TheWarmBurger Member+

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Aug 7, 2018
    Arizona

Well, the rapids did make adjustments. We brought on Nicholson and pushed him wide with Rubio underneath Kamara. This opened up the midfield tremendously which gave plenty of channels of space for the Fire to operate.

Nicholson did his job well. He created chances and showed good bursts of energy agains the Fire backline. Unfortunately Chicago noticed the change, and took advantage - leaving Opare and Smith to cover the defensive midfield and box.

16. TheWarmBurger

TheWarmBurger Member+

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Aug 7, 2018
    Arizona
    Also. Feilhaber left the ball for the Fire twice in the final third in the first half. What the heck? Just leave the ball behind for them to counter? Good plan.

Smith did it too.

We lack fundamentals in this team. We lack tactical shifts in this team. We lack cohesion in the back 4-6.

fortcollins and JasonMa repped this.
  17. Quinn 33

Quinn 33 Member+

Apr 25, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm so very tired.

We have to change coaches. Thats the bottom line. I've completely run out of ideas of how to articulate it differently without just repeating myself (as has pretty much everyone else that follows this club). The team as it stands now has zero future.

It's one thing if the team isn't good, its another when there is literally no hope of it getting better.

It's all so tiresome.

22SteveD, Rod1916, AlbertCamus and 6 others repped this.
  18. Quinn 33

Quinn 33 Member+

Apr 25, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Post of the year and its only May.

The thing that was so galling to me and had me screaming my my television is that our defense is so easily undone by simple runs and through balls that any team could make.

It's mind-boggling to me that nobody has any sense of space when the other team has the ball. No one knows where they should be standing or who they should be marking. Small wonder they're so easily picked apart.

Notre-Dame's roof held up better than our defense.

Totoro, Stuart95 and JasonMa repped this.
  19. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    Reminds me of how Chivas thought MLS was a joke so they created a team of useless players that failed miserably.

20. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    Notre-Dame’s roof held up for hundreds of years and our defense can’t hold up for 40 minutes

Stuart95 and JasonMa repped this.
  21. Quinn 33

Quinn 33 Member+

Apr 25, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #96 Quinn 33, Apr 20, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    Someone missed the joke.

It loses it's punch if you have to explain it.

AlbertCamus repped this.
  22. DavidJames

DavidJames Member+

May 11, 2003
    Longmont
    Relative to the the other teams, I don’t think so. Evaluating talent must be made in context.

23. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Line of the year right there

24. Sports Yak

Sports Yak Member+

Jul 17, 2007
    Lakewood
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Tell Pablo if he wants to continue to be paid, he has to coach. Plus, Pablo could walk in with a real satisfied look on his face.

That, of course, could never happen because it would be the ultimate humiliation for the FO.

25. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OUCH!