PBP: P/I/P - Black Diamond Run #3 - Rapids vs The artists formerly known as Wiz - 3/17 @ 7pm

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by TheWarmBurger, Mar 13, 2019.

1. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Considering he's been the backup the last two games while Rawls was on loan I can't imagine it was any sort of serious injury.

2. Rod1916

Rod1916 Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    odd about Irwin. Although maybe they want him to get some game time before possibly needing him on some upcoming games? Better to have him play a bit than to be rusty when they bring him in.

Wouldn't surprise me if Howard doesn't miss a game for rest after Irwin is in the Springs.

At least I hope that is the case rather than Irwin somehow didn't "practice hard enough" and is in Hudson's dog-house. That scenario would be a gut-punch.

rod.

Stuart95 and Andy126 repped this.
  3. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    Rapids 2-1 wiz

SKC will look past us in mental preparation for Monterey (two weeks from now). I would much rather they beat Monterey [emoji41]

4. fortcollins

fortcollins Member+

St. Louis City SC
    Apr 12, 2006
    Fort Collins
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whiplash injury. Having to snap his head around too quickly and too far on the bench trying to find where Wynne and Wilson were hiding during opposing shots on goal.

COMtnGuy and TheWarmBurger repped this.
  5. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SKC played a first-choice lineup on Thursday in their CCL game so there's three-points for the taking this week. Mt guess is that Vermes will put in a reserve heavy lineup, sit back, and try to counter. The altitude and weather should also help the 'Pids.

Andy126 repped this.
  6. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    Good

7. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2-2- draw, goals by Kamara and Acosta. KC played a first team lineup in their CCL match so we should see either some rotation or some tired legs by the end of the game. That said, I'm still not convinced our defense will be able to keep them off the board. This could be a very open game with the ball going from end to end. I think we get a point out of this but we'll still be looking for our first win.

http://view-from-the-couch.blogspot.com/2019/03/celebrating-my-irish-heritage-with-win.html

Andy126 repped this.
  8. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    2 red cards, 6 yellows, and a 3-1 win for the Rapids against a slightly 2nd choice SKC team.

9. rapidogordo

rapidogordo Member

Mar 12, 2016
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Was really hoping Opare would be playing - this is a bummer. Wilson and/or Wynne are total liabilities on the field.

Andy126 repped this.
  10. Rod1916

Rod1916 Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Prediction for this one:

- Sporks are tired after playing on Thurs night, but it is early season and they can push through with a decent lineup. There are some tired legs toward the end.

- Sjoburg and Smith get the nod, but both are rusty not having game minutes together (or Smith at all).

- We continue our new-found offensive approach (the old approach was just offensive).

- Hudson does something head-scratching with the lineup again since he is smarter than soccer (wasn't he born in Seattle? Seems a theme.)

- Sunday evening game where the weather is a bit chilly leads everyone to wish for a snow-classico since at least then we get credit for being so cold.

Final score is 2-2. Sjoburg/Smith aren't quite ready to lock anything down. Serna has some wicked to-the-box passes to Kamara for one of the scores. Rubio gets involved in the other score, although it could be as an assist.

Fan base is encouraged, even though we stay very low in the standings.

rod.

Maarten van 242, jayd8888 and Andy126 repped this.
  11. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could be Sjoberg and Smith.

Andy126 repped this.
  12. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    rapidogordo and Andy126 repped this.
  13. Maarten van 242

Jan 20, 2012
    Club:
    Lille OSC
    Yep. Sir Anthony's career modus operandi... forcing players into roles that don't coincide with their strengths. Page 1 of his Rapids coaching binder is attached below. If nothing else, it's exciting to sit in anticipation of what whacked-out idea he comes up with each week. And yes, somehow...somehow!... he'll figure out a way to get Deklan more playing time vs. SKC.

Attached Files:

Andy126 repped this.
  14. Andy126

Andy126 Member

Mar 31, 2017
  15. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    I seem to remember Smith losing his marker a lot last season.

It would be interesting to see him as the left back once everyone gets healthy. I'm the nutter who suggested he play target forward.

16. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Given this, I wonder how injured Nicholson really is:

17. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    Totoro repped this.
  18. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    I guess we will have a moment of silence for the events in New Zealand. We probably would have in any event but given the team's New Zealand links I imagine it is especially appropriate.

JasonMa repped this.
  19. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    Quote from the twitter feed unkiemark posted:

Sounds like a true Rapid.

Mesquida also was quoted thusly:

rapidogordo and Andy126 repped this.
  20. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    Here's the starting XI I think would be best given injury situation - I don't think Smith start due to conditioning. Wynne isn't well liked here, but he he's a better option than Wilson.

[​IMG]

On the bench:

Rawls
    Bassett
    Jackson
    Blomberg
    Shinyashiki
    Wilson

Now, what I'm worried about is the role's Hudson puts Price and Feilhaber in. I really think the only place Price makes an impact is at the bottom of the diamond and I think Feilhaber at the top. Bassett is a better choice than Price in the #8 role.

Andy126 repped this.
  21. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
  22. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
  23. Paranoid Coyote

Paranoid Coyote Member+

Oct 21, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AlbertCamus, JasonMa and Andy126 repped this.
  24. Andy126

Andy126 Member

Mar 31, 2017
    Wynne starting. Price at 8. Benny at 6. Mezquida at 10. Again. F’ing Hudson.

Maarten van 242 repped this.
  25. Andy126

Andy126 Member

Mar 31, 2017
    We have a boilerplate, plug-and-play ready midfield built for the diamond....and Hudson is inventing ways to F’ it up. Goddamn.

COMtnGuy and Maarten van 242 repped this.