Outlander - season 4 - Starz

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Belgian guy, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Is anyone still watching this?

I am starting to get a bit bored with all of the plots essentially boiling down to two or more characters getting separated by circumstances and having to overcome hurdles to be reunited. How many times can you go through the same storylines?

2. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My wife and I still watch it together, we just finished episode 7 of the 4th season last night, a few more to go to catch up. We still enjoy it.

How old are Claire and Jaime supposed to be by now? Early, mid-50's?

3. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Claire was 27 when she went through the rocks originally. She then more or less spends two years there, since the year of her arrival is 1743 and the year of her return is 1745. She arrives back in the present of 1948. So then she would technically be 29 years old. Then it's another 20 years until she and Jamie see each other again. So she is 49 when she is reunited with Jamie. Jamie is only 22 when he meets her but he is 45 by the time he and Claire are reunited. So essentially due to time travel, the pair are originally five years apart but then only four years upon their second meeting.

The present now is 1767, so presumably Claire Fraser is now 50 and Jamie Fraser is now 46.

Dante repped this.
  4. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    *Must avoid this thread*

I’m in S1E2 on Netflix (Germany)

5. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    On their supposed ages, neither obviously looks as old as they are supposed to be at this point of the story and their fictional characters' lives but I would sooner believe that Sam Heughan is 46 than that Catriona Balfe is 50.

Dante repped this.